SpringfieldRaceway To Host Show-Me Racing Series LateModel Series Event

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Springfield,Mo-The action to start the 2009 racing season at the SpringfieldRaceway will be non-stop as the Quick-Quarter dirt oval will be opening up with the 2nd stop for the Show-Me Racing Series LateModels with the feature paying $1,000 to win and 300 to start.The action won't just stop there as USRA Modifieds,Bombers,Sport-Mods and LegendCars also join the racing card on opening night.

PitGates will open at 2PM with the Grandstands to open at 4.Hotlaps will start at 5:15 and the first race will roll on the track at a special 6PM Starting time.Track owners Jerry Hoffman and Doug Bland want to get things going a little earlier until around May when the track will go back to a 7PM starting time.

Headlining the Show-Me Series will be last weeks winner at Fort-Smith Shane Essary of Aurora,defending Series Champion Leslie Essary of Crane,dirt Hall of Famer Ken Essary of Cape Fair,Modified standout Rex Merritt of Billings,Series Front Runner Kevin Henson of Marionville,Crane's Rick LeBow,2 time IMCA National Champion Justin Wells of Aurora,Chris Morelock of Springfield and many others as last weeks Series event atracted 27 plus entries.

Defending SpringfieldRaceway Modified Champion Jackie Dalton of Carthage will head the tough USRA Modified list.Other expected entries include Mich Keeter of Joplin,Erik Maggard of Springfield,Steve Muilenburg of Sparta,Jody Tilma of Branson West along with many other Joplin and Springfield area drivers.

The Fast growing Sport-Mod class has defending champion Mike Watson of Springfield,Billy Street of Joplin, with many other as they start off the 2009 point chase.

Defending bomber Champion Robert High of Springfield,Republic's Shawn Strong,Darrin Crisler,Shawn Parker and many other top runners will provide plenty of door to door action along with the popular LegendCars racing also.
Admission to the season opener is $15 for adults,kids 6-12 are $5 and 5 and under are Free.Pitpasses will be $30 per person.

More more information visit the website at www.springfieldraceway.com or contact Jerry Hoffman at 417-673-7426.

The SpringfieldRaceway is located 1/2 mile West of I-44 and just South of West Kearney on Farm Road 123 just before you get to the Springfield Regional Airport.

Back