St Clair Bowl- Bel Air Bowl Night at Belle Clair

Track Man91

Due to several reasons the bowling centers will not be sponsoring the 100 lap fair race in Aug at Belleville. We wish the new promoter the best of luck but with the current uncertainty of the track schedule, racing on various evenings etc we have elected to not go forward. This is not to say we will never come back but we will be skipping this year. We sponsored the race for 14 years and enjoyed every moment. Honoring past champions and legends of our sport is very important and became a big part of the evening. Big thanks to Kenny Shrum, Ray Eby, Bud Kiefer, Chas Johnson, Danny Moser, the Springer family, all the Miner clan, Jim Green-RIP, Cyclone I think came out for us, Paul Grimm, Don Klein and many others I may have omitted. It was very cool getting reacquainted with guys I watched when I was a youngster in the 60's and 70's. These guys are the best. I met many fine folks along the way and have many people to thank. First and foremost thanks to the ownership of the bowling centers for allowing this to happen. My fellow employees were huge in this taking place, Chris, Kevin, Stephen, Kenny, Nancy and my step son Ryan donated their time and I really appreciate it. Thanks to my 2 bros, Brad and Jamie. Brad worked the back straight every year I believe. All my friends that came out and filled up the taj mahal in turn 1, gosh those were some fun nights. Thanks to Parts Gal Linda for all her help getting drivers to come out and also to Coupe fan, Duane Marburger for bringing his cars out for the fans to see. Kenny Shrum and Don Klein brought their cars out as well, thx guys. Donnie Hoehner was so great to work with, love that guy. All the AARA officials Mike H and co. TTG- Mike Meurer, he made the event IMHO. He said stuff that you just shook your head. Where he came up with his material, I really miss him, RIP. Mr Benedict, another Prince of a guy, always doing everything to make our night go smooth. Current announcer, Jason who I consider a friend, great job and thx. You have big shoes to fill and are doing a good job. Just be yourself and you will do fine. Thanks to all the drivers who race or raced at BC. I understand this became a big night on many peoples schedule. The highly coveted Bowling Ball trophy was a very unique award and told by several drivers that it was their favorite piece in the trophy case. See Ed Dixon. Lastly I would like to thank Al, Brent and Patti and Marathon Fin. Without these guys the highlight of the night would not have been possible. I am speaking of the T shirt toss at intermission. Thank you for all your help over the years, you helped make the Bowling Night into the event that it morphed into over 14 years. Quite honestly we need more patronage at our centers to justify our return so if anyone visits St Clair or Bel Air please mention that you are there because of our advertising at the races. Get on our web sites and Face Book and drop a line that you would like to see us back at Belle Clair. If we get enough hits we may get this thing rolling again. See everyone at the local tracks, Mike Mineman.

Last edited:
Its always a pleasure Mike. Happy to help with such a great event. Fingers crossed we can do it again next year...

A lot of drivers put that show on their schedules just for that being to race at Belle Clair. Thanks for doing this all those years. I will miss it as it became a special night of racing at Belle Clair Speedway for the drivers and fans. Come on back in the future and make it soon.

Back