Steve Francis to run NARA BoB race this weekend!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Steve Francis O’Reilly’s NARA Battle of the Bluegrass DirtCar Series/NARA DirtCar Series Florence Speedway Preview

(Ashland, KY) Ashland, KY dirt late model ace, Steve Francis will unload his #15 Mopar and Valvoline sponsored Freeport Recycling Centers and Action Auto Mart Rocket Chassis Dodge Intrepid R/T this weekend (April 9-10) at Florence Speedway for two nights of dirt late model action sanctioned by both the O’Reilly’s NARA Battle of the Bluegrass DirtCar Series and the NARA DirtCar Series.

Francis has an impressive resume at the half mile-high banked clay oval of Florence Speedway throughout the Kentucky Colonel’s 21 year racing career.

Steve picked up two wins at Florence Speedway in the 2002 season, each sanctioned by the former, Renegade Dirtcar Series and the United Dirt Track Racing Association (UDTRA).

During the 2000 and 1999 seasons, Steve wheeled to one victory each year at Florence Speedway.

Steve’s last visit to Florence Speedway was during the 2003 season where Francis rocketed his Mopar powered Dodge to a 2nd place finish during the North/South 100 and another 2nd place finish during the Northern All-Stars sanctioned event.

“I enjoy racing at Florence. It is just a two hour drive from the shop, and I also have a lot of friends in that area that I grew up with racing and have known for a long time,” commented Steve. “We always run well there, and I am looking forward to racing this weekend.”

This weekend’s NARA co-sanctioned events will be Steve’s first O’Reilly’s NARA Battle of the Bluegrass DirtCar Series and the NARA DirtCar Series events of the season.

ESPN 2 will be filming the April 10th NARA DirtCar Series event to be shown at a date to be announced.

For more information on Steve Francis, please visit, www.stevefrancisracing.com

For event weekend information, please visit either http://www.florencespeedway.com/ or http://www.naradirtcars.com

Event Details:

O'Reilly NARA Battle of the Bluegrass DirtCar Series

April 9, 2004

Florence Speedway / Union, KY / ½ mile high banked clay oval

Spring 50 Tune Up

30 lap - $3,000 to win

Event Details:

NARA DirtCar Series

April 10, 2004

Florence Speedway / Union, KY / ½ mile high banked clay oval

Spring 50

50 lap - $10,000 to win

Steve Francis Racing Statistics:

Events: 19

Wins: 3

Top-5: 12

Top-10: 13

Average Finish: 6

5th in World of Outlaws Late Model Series Championship point standings

2004 Early Thaw Champion

Steve Francis Racing Fast Facts:

Car Number: 15

Chassis: Rocket Chassis

Manufacturer: Dodge Intrepid R/T

Engines: Gary Stanton Racing Engines

Sponsors: Valvoline, Mopar, Freeport Recycling Centers, Moring Disposal, and Action Auto Mart

#

Media Contact and Source: Brandon McCullers

Bkm_victorylane@adelphia.net

Back