stupid question

Iit's not a stupid question......
The answer is just a bit confusing
.... depends on what you call a SS
Highland,Ttri city, Belleville and now, Fayette co.(Brownstown il,) has a SS (called pure stock at brownstown) that is much more limited than others..... more afforable motors, stock heads, 2 bbl stock carbs and 2bbl stock intakes no weight jacks, stock shocks and racing springs(obviously theres more but see website for full rules......)
Charleston, Macon, Jacksonville, Farmer city, Fairbury, Lincoln, Paducah KY and farther north Kankakee, Lasalle, and Peoria run a much more unlimited SS class that allows weight jacks, 2bbl Holley, aluminum intakes, aftermarket blocks and heads allowed, motors limited to no roller cams 350 to 400 CID racing shocks and springs allowed..... again see rules for more info....
and Clay Co.(Flora) is in a world all by themselves they've allowed even more,, havent looked at they're rules but seen posts that say they were "opening up" they're SS not sure exactly what that meant, we prolly wont race there... again see website.....

So Id say it"s more of a stupid answer than a stupid question........ There is talk out there (at least in our shop) of figuring a way to somehow combine and unify both groups into 1 big universal SS class across the great state of Illinois..... both classes has good and bad......

no problem...... If you comply with CCS rules you will be close to the more unlimited class ran at charleston and the other central illinois classes... with some minor changes..... again see website for rules but I think carbs and tranny are the "opened up" areas..... I like CCS alot,, big ole' track, fast as hell...... kinda bummed we wont be there much this year...... but, either way welcome to the SS class you'll like it,,, alot of good guys to race with...... MJ Wheat down there at CCS is a great guy to race with.... theres a bunch of others down there that are good to race with......

, if ya ever need anything look us up.... we might be able to help ya out......

thanks my dad got tired of funneling a bunch of money in the hornets and he didnt know very much about them with all the electrical stuff. last year we raced my hornet every weekend at clay co. he bout the new car cause its in his knoweldge wheel. he used to drag race and work on alot of cars.

no problem...... If you comply with CCS rules you will be close to the more unlimited class ran at charleston and the other central illinois classes... with some minor changes..... again see website for rules but I think carbs and tranny are the "opened up" areas..... I like CCS alot,, big ole' track, fast as hell...... kinda bummed we wont be there much this year...... but, either way welcome to the SS class you'll like it,,, alot of good guys to race with...... MJ Wheat down there at CCS is a great guy to race with.... theres a bunch of others down there that are good to race with......

, if ya ever need anything look us up.... we might be able to help ya out......

MJ Wheat is out of racing, Time to build a house.. This really ****s but you have to have priorities, He also got his car totaled last yr. He does have a hell of a Mullins power plant for sale tho..

Back