Summer Nationals price ?

TOP ROW

Down in Front
I was just wondering if all sn races are the same price? I see Belleville is $28 for $5,000 to win & Tri-City is $28 for $10,000. I think a $5,000 to win could be a little less expensive! What does everyone else think?

I think you will see most of the same cars at both tracks, so what does it matter what the winner gets paid if you see the same cars???Same cars, same show, same price.

I think it's fine. They all have a great show and each track has something that makes it special. I've been really impresssed with how well Belleville holds up during these big shows.

The week night shows are harder to pull the crowd of a Friday or Saturday show. The show cost of the 2013 summer nationals is higher than the 2012. We all price what we think we need to not lose our butts. All around here decided $28 & $35. as you see Fairbury is $25 & $40 so its just what we have to do and cross our fingers. I would love to have a Fri or sat. show but there are none available so we do what we need to continue to bring the Great Shows. We chose to be different and run 2- classes so you can get home early for work on friday or go spend time in the pits with your favorite drivers!
It is always your choice to go where you like or want to go. We will all have Great shows! Hope to see you at as many as you can make it to!

I agree 28 isnt too much. As far as the add a class to offset the cost NO WAY!!!! I would much rather pay 3 dollars more and only have two classes for these shows. Thats a big problem with local racing now too many classes. If you think five plus classes is ok good but in my years of racing less classes = better show. JMO. I think the rule of thumb should be if you raise the admission you drop classes for that night. Thats what I see most tracks doing wish they would all do the same.

yea, i understand these are all our opinions and the promoters know what theyre doing ..and i most definitley appreciate all of them we have locally...but, i personally havnt been to but maybe a couple 5K to win shows that cost more than $20...and as far as it being a weeknight...its a rare occurrence for us all..i love a weeknight show and plan that maybe i'll be home a little late..no bigggie to me...give me more show for my money if i'm already there...i'm not clamoring for 4 or 5 classes

ps...all i can do is speak for myself and a few friends that if this was a $20 show, we'd be there...we all gotta cutoff point...i like a weeknight show ,like i said, but if its reasonably priced ,i'm much more likely to go

I've already been to one summernational race and hoping to hit about 10 more including Spoon River and Belleville this week and agree with alot of the people on this post. $28 is too much to see the guys that will be there honestly. Especially with only running two classes. Brownstown had over 100 total cars at their race and only charged $20. Clayhill next week (if it's like years past) will only charge $15 and probably will have Moyer and Wendell Wallace there, plus other classes. Seniors will probably be $5 and kids free..... Either way, fans ought to support this series as much as they can because it doesn't get much better than weeknight racing in the summer! Brownstowns feature was one of the best 3 SLM races I've seen this year!

You say you have a cut off point ( 20.00 ) but you then you say you will wait till Friday and pay 28.00? I am a bit confused. You have 2 different type of tracks to watch them - Bullring or big track !!! This quality of cars will be to watch on the bullring !!!!!!

I don't no about going Thursday . They may get 40 Lates but not so sure about mods . Last Fridays 100 lapper paid $270.50 to win for a weekend show and only 19 mods and Fireball showed up . Last years National show only got about 12 mods . So again I don't no about $28 for this Thursday show .

I don't no about going Thursday . They may get 40 Lates but not so sure about mods . Last Fridays 100 lapper paid $270.50 to win for a weekend show and only 19 mods and Fireball showed up . Last years National show only got about 12 mods . So again I don't no about $28 for this Thursday show .
At last years Summer Nationals show we had over 30 modifieds!

Back