Sweet rewards new for IMCA Modified regional champions

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (March 30) – An expanded Sweet Manufacturing awards program will include prizes for champions of each of the five IMCA Modified regions in 2010.

Top drivers in final regional ranks will receive steering boxes from the Kalamazoo, Mich., company. Sweet also re¬turns as a special events sponsor, giving the same prize to Modified qualifying feature winners and the main event winner at the IMCA Speedway Motors Super Nationals.
“The awards for regional champions is something we’d always looked at doing,” said Sweet Sales Manager Rich Mer¬sereau. “We like to be involved with every market and we have a lot to offer IMCA Modified drivers.”
Mersereau was impressed by car counts during his first visit to Boone Speedway last September, when Sweet intro¬duced its slate of awards for Super Nationals
“I’d never seen so many cars in the same place in my life. I was really impressed with the number of cars they got,” he said. “Everybody wants to win that race. It’s not about the money. To go to a race where there are almost 300 cars in your division and win is really cool.”

Certificates to qualifying winners and the champion at Super Nationals will be presented each night, Wednesday through Saturday, following the respective events. They’ll be mailed to Modified regional champions after point stand¬ings become official in late October.

Information about steering boxes and other Sweet Manufacturing-made products is available by calling 800 441-8619 and at the www.sweetmfg.biz website.

"We were fortunate to work with Sweet last year at the IMCA Speedway Motors Super Nationals and the relationship grew from that point,” said Kevin Yoder, IMCA’s marketing director. “To have them on board this year fulltime and providing product awards for our Modified drivers is a great addition. Our racers will welcome them back to Boone this year as an official IMCA partner."

Back