Tankersley Taking on Heart O'Texas, Gator Motorplex This Weekend

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - HIGHLANDS, Texas (June 4, 2014) - Channin Tankersley is looking to continue his consistency during the ASCS Gulf South Region doubleheader this weekend.
Tankersley leads the championship standings thanks to a region-best eight top 10s in 10 races this season.
"I'm going after my first career ASCS Gulf South championship so consistency is the most important thing throughout the season," he said. "However, we haven't won an ASCS race this year so that's a big emphasis."
On Friday, Tankersley and the ASCS Gulf South Region will tackle Heart O'Texas Speedway in Waco, Texas. Tankersley rallied from 13[sup]th[/sup] to place sixth at the track on April 18.
"We had a good run to rebound in the main event, but I think the finish would have been better if our tires hadn't sealed over during a red flag," he said. "We were moving to the front before that red flag and then it seemed like we could only maintain after it."
This weekend wraps up on Saturday at Gator Motorplex in Willis, Texas, where Tankersley also finished sixth in the main event on April 19.
"I was supposed to start on the pole of that race and we had an issue where the car wouldn't fire when I was pushed off," he said. "Once it did I had to tag the back of the field. So we showed speed to go from last up to sixth, but it was frustrating not being able to showcase that from the front row."
SEASON STATS -
17 races, 1 win, 5 top fives, 10 top 10s, 11 top 15s, 14 top 20s
UP NEXT -
Friday at Heart O'Texas Speedway in Waco, Texas, and Saturday at Gator Motorplex in Willis, Texas, with the ASCS Gulf South Region
MEDIA LINKS -
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChanninTankersley?fref=ts
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TankRacing
SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Accu-Fab
Accu-Fab is a machine shop located in Topeka, Kan.
"Calvin, who owns Accu-Fab, has been a big supporter for the past couple of years," Tankersley said. "I can't thank him enough for helping me out."
Tankersley would also like to thank Marvin and Peggy Pearson, Challenger Drilling, Miller's Machine & Welding, Griffith Truck & Equipment and Day Motorsports for their continued support.

Back