Terrorists to attackk today?

Doug

Announcer
Something I ran across:

Today (November 5th) is the Islamic holiday of "Lailat Ul Qadr". Translated, it means "Night of Power". While not all Islams are terrorists, most terrorists are of the Islaamic faith. Will they use this day as a symbolic day for atttack? Or will it pass by uneventfully? Here's hoping for the latter of the 2 possibilities.

Doug said:
While not all Islams are terrorists, most terrorists are of the Islaamic faith. .

Thats untrue. Just because the most recent attacks that we are told about have come from RADICAL muslem groups, that doesnt make the majority of terriorists muslem.

The FBI's definition of a terriorist is:
“Terrorism is the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.”
is that not whats happening in iraq? Is that not what was going on when we droped the a-bombs or when we blew the all civilian community of dresden germany off the map in WW2. Or when we entered viatnam and korea?

Someone name me some pre 9/11 islamic terriorists? Most of you probably dont know any. What was the most known terriorist attack pre 9/11? Probably Oklahoma City. 2 white male americans.

If you want to blame anyone for these islamic terriorists, blame the united states government. We trained them in the first place. And the reason they are commiting these acts is because we put a military base on their holy land. What if iraq, or saudi arabia, or iran, or afghanastan, or anyone for that matter put a military base anywhere here in the united states? It would cause an uproar. No one on here can say they wouldnt be pissed off and fight back! JMO, sorry about the rant.

I Honestly Think People Fear Another Attack. But, I Also Think The Warnings And Alerts Are Getting Little Attention. Since 9/11 They Have Been Issued During Most Of These Occations And Nothing Has Happened. Not To Metion The Allegations Of Alerts Being Upgraded As A Means To Minipulate Citizens. It Could Just Be People Don't Won't To Let Terrorism Control Thier Lives.

I agree pitdrifter. We go into lots of chemical plants..the warnings are always going up..then down..but..at first..we got inspected..everytime..in and out. Now...we get a wave..and have a nice day. Too lax.

I agree pitdrifter. We go into lots of chemical plants..the warnings are always going up..then down..but..at first..we got inspected..everytime..in and out. Now...we get a wave..and have a nice day. Too lax.

Hairy said:
Someone name me some pre 9/11 islamic terriorists? Most of you probably dont know any. What was the most known terriorist attack pre 9/11? Probably Oklahoma City. 2 white male americans.

While I agree with you for the most-part, I do believe that the other time that the twin towers were attacked, it was terrorists from the middle east.

[Someone name me some pre 9/11 islamic terriorists? Most of you probably dont know any. What was the most known terriorist attack pre 9/11? Probably Oklahoma City. 2 white male americans.]

How about the USS Cole.

Hairy said:
Someone name me some pre 9/11 islamic terriorists? Most of you probably dont know any. What was the most known terriorist attack pre 9/11?
In 1985, Reagan ordered the F-111's from RAF Lakenheath in the UK to bomb terrorist training camps in Tripoli and Benghazi in Libya after it was proven that the bombing of a German Disco that injured or killed almost 240 US servicemen was planned and carried out by terrorists trained at those camps.

I am personally familiar with Operation El Dorado Canyon, I was part of it. I have also seen the gun film and you can clearly see the bastards running out of barracks as the bombs come in. Of course, once the bomb goes off, the running stops. Here is a little timeline for you concerning Osama and his band of merry men. I think it is safe to attrribute all of the following to Islamic extremist terrorists.

1992 - Hotel bombing in Aden, Yemen where 100 U.S. servicemen were staying. No one was wounded. Osama Bin Laden claimed responsibility.

February 26, 1993 - A truck packed with bombs exploded in the underground parking garage below the north tower (1 Tower). It opened a 200-foot wide and 5-story deep hole. Six people were killed and over 1,000 injured.

November 13, 1995 - Bombing at Army training headquarters in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; 5 Americans killed; 31 wounded;

June 25, 1996 - Khobar Towers apartments bombed at U.S. military barracks in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia; 19 Americans killed; 372 wounded;

August 7, 1998 - U.S. embassies bombed in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; 224 killed including 12 Americans;

August 28, 1998 - The FBI accuses Osama bin Laden of having declared 'jihad' or holy war against the United States.

November 4, 1998 - Osama bin Laden is charged with ordering embassy bombings.

October 12, 2000 - USS Cole bombed in Aden, Yemen; 17 Americans killed; 39 wounded

Just for starters. Now, do you want to talk about Beirut in the 70's, Northern Ireland from Bloody Sunday in the 60's up to the Good Friday Peace agreement ending the IRA's ruthless bombing of civilian populations, or maybe we could talk about the Red Brigade in Italy, or even ETA in Northern Spain.

Yeah, we are all just stupid when it comes to terrorist organizations.

Last nite on news 4 st.louis,,they put the test to home land security and how well it realy was,,,,i think they were able to buy several hundred pounds of a nitrate based material ,,sounds to me like its not working!! :eek: any one see this,,i was not home at in time to see the news!!

That is really misleading, they bought nitrate based fertilizer for crying out loud. Yes, with that and the right knowledge and some everyday chemicals, a bomb can be contstructed.

You can also make a bomb from fireworks.
You can make a bomb out of gunpowder from shotgun shells.
You can make a bomb from black powder.
You can steal blasting caps and dynamite from constructions sites and make a bomb.
You can make a bomb out of a five gallon gas can filled to less than 10% with a firecraker as a detonator.

If you want to, you can make a bomb out of a whole host of everyday items. It is much harder to make a bomb from fertilizer than it is to steal dynamite. I don not think they were very responsible in how they reported that piece at all, it seemed very much like they were just trying to scare people.

Oh, I wasn't getting at you guys, I was saying the tv people didn't really do more than spin that piece to scare people. I agree it is too easy to get ahold of stuff, but all the same, you can't stop people from buying harmless stuff and using it maliciously.

Osama is a piece of $hit! But Bush has already said he isn't worried about him so I'm sure he'll be around to terrorize the world till he dies a peaceful death at the ripe old age of 100+ like all of those militant Islamic clerics. Piece of Crap!

All im trying to say is that not all muslems are terriorists. And that there are just as many american christian terriorists as there are muslem. If i were to list all the deaths of innocent people killed by the united state in acts of terriorism id have to buy a paper company, and it would have to be a big one. Im not trying to start anything here, i just think ppl should be more open minded about the islamic religion and know that not every muslem is out to get you.

Hairy said:
All im trying to say is that not all muslems are terriorists. And that there are just as many american christian terriorists as there are muslem. If i were to list all the deaths of innocent people killed by the united state in acts of terriorism id have to buy a paper company, and it would have to be a big one. Im not trying to start anything here, i just think ppl should be more open minded about the islamic religion and know that not every muslem is out to get you.
I think what you are trying to say is that not all terrorists are muslims.

We made it through another day. I guess I can take my gas mask and anti-radiation gear off! Also, anybody wanna buy some left over anthrax vaccinations that I didn't need?

We can't live in fear...we just have to be vigilent to what is going on around us.

the person that names some of the attacks did not scratch the serface! (not belittling you though) i was a scout sniper assigned to a anti terriorist group in the marines, and while the big acts make it to the news. the little, (none are little, like the store front bombing couse some higher up is suposed to be in there) goes unheard of. when i got the orders to go and check in, i did so and was sent straight to a breifing room. (cant say what was said) but for 5 days that is all i done was watch vidios, lectures, slide shows, etc... then was sent to a 45 day course on how the terriorist plot and scheme. now that i am out, (and watching the news or some one talking). i think to myself if thay only knew thay would not be saying that, or doing that. yes what was said the other night was stupid, in my book couse the only thing it does is bring back memories of so far one of the better attacks that have landed on our soil, 9-11. (well you see what it did to chewy up above me here)

and just a note some one mentioned thangs you can make a bomb with. go look into you bath room, laundry room, and under kitchen sink, did you see all the cleaning supplys? if you did are you a terriorist? if not why do you have all those under thair?

Back