Tim Fuller Claims First Late Model Win of 2012 at Hesston's Ultimate

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Watertown, NY (October 16, 2012) Kennedy Motorsports newcomer Tim Fuller of Watertown, NY bagged his first Late Model win of the season this past Saturday, October 13 at the Kennedy Motorsports United Late Model Series (ULMS) sanctioned 'Ultimate' at Hesston (PA) Speedway. The $10,000 win was also the first with his new team Kennedy Motorsports.

On Saturday and Sunday, October 6 and 7, Fuller competed in his Smith Brothers Concrete Foundations sponsored #74, 358 and Big Block modifieds at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, NY for the annual 'Super Dirt Week' festivities. On Saturday it was the 'Gander Mountain 150' for the 358 Small Blocks where Tim would finish third in the $25,000 to-win event. Fuller also had a competitive Big Block during the 'VP Small Engine Fuels 200' on Sunday, but ran out of fuel on lap 112 while running second, one lap before the race was considered complete after rain red-flagged the event. Tim was credited with a 25th place finish, the last car on the lead lap.

On Wednesday, October 10, the Fuller was back in action with the World of Outlaws Late Model Series at The Dirt Track at Charlotte in Concord, NC for a $10,000 to-win Peak Motor Oil 'World Finals' preview coming up at the beginning of November. The night started off with Tim setting second quick time during time trials and finishing second in his heat race. Fuller drew the fifth starting position for the 50 lap feature event and was running fourth until damage from contact with another competitor ended his night early. Tim finished 21st in the attrition filled race.

Fuller, on his way back from Charlotte, stopped at Hesston (PA) Speedway for the 'Ultimate' that paid $4,000 to the winner on Friday, October 12 and $10,000 to win on Saturday, October 13. A bad pill draw on Friday put Tim in the back of his heat but was able to transfer to the A-Main through his consolation race and finish 17th in the weekend's opener. After a better draw on Saturday led to a third place heat race finish, Fuller qualified for the feature redraw and drew the sixth starting position. Tim worked his way to the front quickly during the 71 lap event and found himself on the front row of a lap 25 restart and bolted to the lead as the race restarted. Tim would go on to lead the remaining 46 laps in his in his Kennedy Motorsports owned Core Construction, Kennedy Partners, B3 Architecture & Planning, IronCo Enterprises, Urban Energy Solutions, Capital Race Cars sponsored #19 to claim his first Kennedy Motorsports ULMS win while pocketing $10,000 in the process.

'Man, this couldn't have come at a better time,' Fuller said from his shop in upstate New York, 'especially for our confidence going into the end of the season. I knew the track would lock down at some point throughout the race so I pushed pretty hard to get up to the front quickly. On that restart they put me on the outside so I knew I had a shot at the lead. We were running a half a lane higher than the leader so I knew if I could get a run out of turn two, we would have him cleared by the time we got to the next corner. I really have to thank John Kennedy and Kennedy Motorsports for this opportunity and I'm extremely excited to put this car into victory lane as soon as we did. It's a pretty big learning curve,' Tim said on his switch to Capital Race Cars, 'and we're still learning every time we unload. It drives totally different than what I'm used to but I think, with this race, the way the car drives made the difference in saving my right rear tire. We'll regroup and get everything ready for Charlotte in a couple weeks and then completely restack our cards during the off-season to get ready for Arizona in January.'

Tim will be in action this upcoming weekend, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, October 19, 20, and 21 at the Orange County Fair Speedway for the 51st Annual 'Eastern States' for the 358 and Big Block Modifieds. Then after a weekend off, Fuller will head back to Concord, NC and The Dirt track at Charlotte for the season ending Peak Motor Oil 'World Finals' on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, November 1, 2, and 3 were Tim will be competing in both Late Models and Modifieds classes.

For more information on these events please visit www.orangecountyfairspeedway.net or www.woolms.com.

For more information on Tim Fuller and Kennedy Motorsports please visit www.timfullerracinginc.com or www.kennedymotorsports.us.

Tim Fuller and Kennedy Motorsports would like to thank their sponsors for the 2012 season: Core Construction, Kennedy Partners, B3 Architecture & Planning, IronCo Enterprises, LLC, Urban Energy Solutions, Regeneration Finance, Signature Paving & Sealcoating, Polsinelli Shughart, Capital Race Cars, Keyser Manufacturing, JNJ Motorsports Media, Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic, Clements Racing Engines, GW Performance, Slavic Custom Racing Shirts & Decals, VP Racing Fuels, ATL Fuel Cells, Armour All, Bert Transmissions, Beyea Custom Headers, Bicknell Racing Calipers, Brown & Miller Racing Solutions, Cizmar Racing, Comp Cams, CV Products, DMI Rears, Dyers Top Rods, Five Star Race Car Bodies, Integra Racing Shocks & Springs, Joe Gibbs Racing Oil, Mason Racin', MSD Ignition, NGK Spark Plugs, Performance Friction Brakes, Peterson Fluid Systems, Quarter Master, Real Racing Wheels, R2C Filters, Schaeffer's Racing Oil, Simpson, Spin Pumps, STP, Superflow, Sweet Manufacturing, Trick Race Parts, TWM Racing Products, Wix Filters, and Wrisco Aluminum.

Written and Distributed by:
JNJ Motorsports Media www.jnjmotorsportsmedia.com

Back