Tires...Our version of the steroid era.

Twisted Shifter

chubzilla #1 fan
Our sport is great is'nt it. This morning I watched Jim Moon explain how to soak tires aka cheat. On the internet for all to see. That's like a doctor getting on the internet showing baseball players what to use to juice up before a game.So if you ever thought it was all made up he shows the poduct for all to see and then says I use it too. WTF. With all that has happened this past month with tires why in the world would you admit anything,especially on the internet. I as a fan and supporter of the guys that got caught..iam unsure what to think of all of this. Onr of the best feel good stories of our sport was turned to a black eye on the sport in a matter of a week with feger. Then Owens who has won a ton of special high dollar shows the last five years shows up at pevely and is dqd. REALLY...are we as fans really to believe any of this. Are the drivers really to believe this. Do we know at all how the process even works. Do we know how many hands are on the samples at any given time. Do the drivers and owners know? I dont know if it is good for the sport or not. Does it even give you that much of an advantage? Chris Madden was dqd after his tires came back from running fifth in a feature. FIFTH. If it is a advantage should he hsve not won the race? Should Jim Moon not be winning every race he enters if it helps that much? I just don't know. Does anybody really win races anymore?

I can garantee you that I do not treat my tires and that my win last week at belleville was 100% legal I for one can not afford the penelties if i got caught we put every dollar that we can into ourracing effort and hope that we are competitive with the others some nights we are and other nights we are not BUT one thing i have noticed this year is that some guys are not dominating like they have in the past!!!!
the tire testing is working on making it a more level playing field for all

I can garantee you that I do not treat my tires and that my win last week at belleville was 100% legal I for one can not afford the penelties if i got caught we put every dollar that we can into ourracing effort and hope that we are competitive with the others some nights we are and other nights we are not BUT one thing i have noticed this year is that some guys are not dominating like they have in the past!!!!

AMEN!! As a fan, I applaud the series for catching the tire dopers. Hopefully, the cheaters will start doing the right thing.

The "MoonMan" is the "Wizard of Oz" he is nothing more than a snake oil salesman. He doesn't care if anyone knows if he is juicing his tires, he is a tire prep dealer, has been for awhile. Why did he out Feger? Think about it for just a second... Feger just beat some of the best drivers in the country and won the biggest race of his career and then got busted for a juiced tire. Who supplied the "juice"? My guess would be MMR was his supplier. Now what if your a tire prep dealer and one of your best customers just got nailed for an illegal tire? Imagine how bad your sales would drop if you could not back up the claim that the stuff was "undetectable". You have to deflect the issue. These tire juice salesmen are very convincing.

When Jason Feger had tire issues last year at Belleville, the admitted tire dope provider (Nick G.) from this area was in the victory lane photo with Jason. He claimed, on this forum, that his stuff was undetectable as well.

Open tire rules is the only fix to all of this unfortunately. Not that I agree with it at all. The biggest problem is the chemicals being used is unknown to most of the people using it. What adverse effects does it have on the people around its usage?? The tire companies are licking their chops about all of this whole deal.

The only problem I have is that the dirt could really be contaminated and the explanation that the drivers are giving could actually be true. So someone needs to start doing testing on the dirt to really see if its is.

This can of worms just keeps getting bigger.

The biggest problem is the chemicals being used is unknown to most of the people using it.

They know exactly what they are doping their tires with. The tests they are using now are starting to detect the chemicals. If the drivers are smart, they will quit using the stuff.

The "MoonMan" is the "Wizard of Oz" he is nothing more than a snake oil salesman. He doesn't care if anyone knows if he is juicing his tires, he is a tire prep dealer, has been for awhile. Why did he out Feger? Think about it for just a second... Feger just beat some of the best drivers in the country and won the biggest race of his career and then got busted for a juiced tire. Who supplied the "juice"? My guess would be MMR was his supplier. Now what if your a tire prep dealer and one of your best customers just got nailed for an illegal tire? Imagine how bad your sales would drop if you could not back up the claim that the stuff was "undetectable". You have to deflect the issue. These tire juice salesmen are very convincing.
Excellent post!

Open tire rules is the only fix to all of this unfortunately. Not that I agree with it at all. The biggest problem is the chemicals being used is unknown to most of the people using it. What adverse effects does it have on the people around its usage?? The tire companies are licking their chops about all of this whole deal.

The only problem I have is that the dirt could really be contaminated and the explanation that the drivers are giving could actually be true. So someone needs to start doing testing on the dirt to really see if its is.

This can of worms just keeps getting bigger.
Excellet post as well! I agree 100 percent! Not just the fact of soil contamination but what it does to the people who actually apply the stuff or handle it. Ive been working with hazmat chemicals for 15 years now and been to numerous training meetings. The contents of most of the tire stuff is not something you want to inhale nor get anywhere near your skin as it can go through pores into your body and really mess you up in the long run. Not to mention the vapors it puts off and the fans and fellow racers inhale. Oh it might be small quantities but thats all it really takes.

The crowd was jumping when you one and thats one of the reasons! We all knew you did it 100 percent legal. You Mike Hammerle Ed Dixon Len Garson Bob and John Stanton are some of the people i love watching race not just to see where they run but i know deep down what they run is 100 percent legit and on the up and up!

Back