tires?

tmoore3

do you guys allow the older american racer g-60 and kk tires to run there or?

do you guys allow the older american racer g-60 and kk tires to run there or?

From the Rule Book:

14. TIRES AND WHEELS: Must use unaltered Hoosier G-60 (KK704) with I.M.C.A. stamped on sidewall. No softening or grooving of tires. (sipping & grinding is allowed) No re-caps. Aluminum or steel spacers only. May use I.M.C.A. approved bead lock, on right rear only. External, steel bead lock only and it cannot make wheel any narrower than 8 inches and no wider than 8.75 inches. Must use only steel bolts. One foam type or plastic mud cap allowed on right rear only. Rim-mounted bleeder valves allowed.

Sorry about that, SFCR is a Hooiser sponsored track. Tires can be purchased at the track from a couple different vendors... Also I am sure some of the other modified drivers may have used tires that might interest you.

american racers

their tech man might want to check a little closer, not one to tell . ;) it is their job to find it

mud plugs

That rule also says 1 foam or plastic mud cap on rr only. I noticed several cars that had them on both right side wheels and at least one car that had them all the way around last week.
I dont agree with the rule, not that it makes you any faster, but rules shouldnt be in the rule book if they arent going to be enforced.
Derek

Back