To the racing community...

racewidow

I'm just drawn that way..
Please read over and find it somewhere in your heart to put some effort towards a great cause. I know you can do this...

Thank you,
Tracy Kelly

Friends,

I’d like you to meet Regan Richardson… he’s an outgoing 4 year old with big dreams and an even bigger heart.

Unfortunately for Regan, he has not spent all his life at home like most children his age. Regan was diagnosed with MPS (mucopolysaccharidoses) and has been in and out of hospitals since he was born. This doesn’t stop Regan, though – he’s very active and has dreams of becoming a doctor and a racecar driver.

In terms you and I can understand, MPS is an enzyme deficiency that results in the accumulations of sugars that the body is unable to release resulting in strenuous affects on almost the entire body – internal and external. There is no cure for those affected, but there are ways to help manage getting them through their lives. Some of these are diet, physical therapy, anesthetics, and specific treatments such as bone marrow transplants, and enzyme replacement therapy,

Regan received a bone marrow transplant at the young age of 13 months, and has undergone surgeries and treatments all his life including major back surgery. He and his family travel to the University of Minnesota Hospital for testing and treatments about twice a year. Regan is getting ready to go back into the hospital early in October. He will be in St. Louis Children’s Hospital and will undergo surgery on his knee while he is there.

I’m asking that if you have any extra time or heart to give to Regan, please go see him or drop him a card – if you’re a race car driver or owner, he would love a signed picture of your car. He enjoys hearing from people and his family could use your support during their long stay in the hospital. Let them know there are people out there who do care and offer their best wishes, prayers and support. If you are unable to send a card or spend time with them, there has been a trust fund in his name set up for donations.

Thank you in advance for any support you can find it in your heart to give.

Author Anonymous

For a Visit:
Regan Richardson
c/o St. Louis Children’s Hospital
1 Children’s Place
St. Louis, MO 63110

For a Donation:
Regan Richardson
c/o 1st State Community Bank
1401 St. Joe Drive
Park Hills, MO 63601

He will be at Children's in October.

Folks, this little guy would be thrilled with a signed pic of your race car! Please send him one.

TCS AND GODFREY

I would like to collect anything anyone would like to donate at the Tri-City track and godfrey to run over to this little one!

I know we have a few things we could part with for him!

Anybody at tcs that would like to give....take it to the #31 or #3 cars pits at tcs,or you can look for me or our family in section dd,4 rows up from the dd and ill make sure to get it to him!

If the guys could collect at godfrey and bring it down on saturday with them....id be more than glad to put it all together and make the trip down...or deliver it to the hospital!

I KNOW THIS IS KINDA SHORT NOTICE,SO ILL WAIT TILL A WEEK FROM THIS SUNDAY TO MAKE A RUN DOWN THERE!

I know im blessed with 2 healthy girls and would be more than honored to take some time to do this to make a little one happy!

Is there anywhere that we can send a card with a picture of the car before he goes to the hospital? Or any idea when he is in the hospital that we will be able to get in to see him? I know some hospitals are touchy about seeing surgery patients too soon after surgery?

I'll have an address to post to you tomorrow. Thank you guys, I read your responses and felt warm all over. This is why I love my racing community!

Tracy,

i have something very special for this little man. you of all people know where my heart is for little kids and the joy they can bring into our hearts. Contact me and lets hook this kid up right. woohooo.

rich

dcdiecast

Friday I'll see if we can't get some autographs and pictures heading that way. Dale I can hook up with you at T.C.S before you go. What size shirt does Regan wear? Maybe get some signed T-shirts and pictures to make his day a little brighter. Even though we all fight and joke around I know there are alot of big hearts in the racing family. Let's all pitch in and make this a group effort.

Tracy, I think you are doing a GREAT thing for this little boy. It's times like these that show what the local racing community can do. There is so much bashing going on these days that you would think that everyone has lost sight of what we all love to do. But racers in general are good down to earth people.
If you know his parents, call them and see if he can be brought to TCS this weekend. Bring him early and we will get him into the pit area and let him get some pictures with him in the cars and with the drivers. If this is possible, reply on here and we will see if we can gather a bunch of stuff for him.
Thanks alot for posting this.
Ken Johnson #17

BTT

Thank you all. I'll email his parents today and get an address where he can receive whatever you're willing to send before he goes into the hospital. Although, it would be nice if some of you waited unitl he is admitted - it will brighten his stay to receive things while he's in. I don't know exactly where he'll be while he's in Children's, but I'm sure you can call the hospital and ask where he is.

I'll also ask his parents to bring him up to TCS this weekend, thanks Ken!

Here's the family's address...

Jeff & Michele Richardson
504 Division St.
Park Hills, Mo. 63601

Jeff keeps thanking me, but it's the racers and those who send in the pics and make the extra effort who deserve the thanks. Bless you all!

HANG IN THERE REGAN!

TRACY- I WILL TRY AND GET SOMETHING STARTED HERE IN S. ILL
@ MT. VERNON, PADUCAH, BENTON, MO. WHERE EVER WE ARE RACIN. I MADE A FLYER TO HAND OUT AT THE TRACK WITH INFO ON HOW TO HELP. I WILL PM YOU WHEN I RECIEVE ENOUGH THINGS TO SEND / DELIVER.

______LET'S GO RACIN_______________FOR REGAN!________

For anyone who wants to give something at the Highland Speedway stop by the 49 hornet pit. We will be there Saturday weather permitting, if not then at the reschedule date.:D

I thought you might want to see Regan and his father... He is pictured here with Kenny Harris (left) Regan and his father... This was taken at Fredericktown during our Racin' for Regan night.. Hey, give the guys at Doe Run a pat on the back too... Last week they raised $1,900 for his family and the Dwarf car guys donated half of their earnings!!!

OOOPS.... I didn't see Tracy had attached that same picture... Oh well...

rain sat?????????

what do I do with the stuff I have for the boy that i was going to bring to tcs sat nite if rain??

St. Louis Motorsports Review is sending a T-shirt to Regan autographed by Dale Jarrett, Kenny Schrader, Mike Wallace, and Johnny Benson.

Hoping it makes his day when he receives it.

From the gang at St. Louis Motorsports Review!

tcs

If its a rainout...we will gather it all up next weekend...just gives us more time to collest....but lets pray its clear tomorow!

He isnt going into the hospital till october...so if nothing else....we can get it to him there!

THANK YOU ALL!!!

I, Kenny The"Hustler" Harris would like to Thank everyone for the support that they have given to our little buddy Regan Richardson . Garey Cruse (owner of #17 RAMS Mini Stock) and I met Regan and his Grandma Margaret about a month ago . Margaret stopped by to see if she could bring Regan up to get his picture taken by our race cars. When she got there thats when she told us about Regan's condition. Regan crawled into my heart from the moment that I met him and I knew that he would do this to the rest of you people . I want to THANK EVERYONE for opening up your hearts and pocket books to help make Regan's life a little happier . Regan's family has a different outlook on racecars now, they used to think that we were a bunch of guys that threw a car together and go out racing without a care in the world but ourselves. Have we ever proved that one wrong . Again sorry about the book I've wrote , but THANK YOU a million !!!!!!!!!!!! I have dedicated my 2003 Montgomery County Street Stock Track Championship in honor of Regan Richardson ! The"Hustler"

so far so good

So far so good....just called and the races are still on....take your things that you have to The #31 ss pits or you can get them too Ken Johnson #17 pits and we can get together and decide what would be the best time to get this little guy some gifts!

Ill be in and out of the stands all night.....if you want to drop it off in the stands...look for a group of people sitting right above section dd sign...about 4 to 6 rows up...thats the family and freinds of the 31 xtreme car...they can also hold it for us!

Also going to see if i cant get doug to make an announcemrnt sometime during the show!

Back