To Tri City

K-Dawg30

Thanks for an awesome weekend of open wheel racing! At first I thought this track was too big for midgets but after being to every midget show this year there man was I wrong....this place is slide job city in open wheel! Great track and the races were great!

My only request...... MORE OPEN WHEEL RACES LOL

Have the midgets next year for all the shows again and add the 410 non wings for all nights instead of 360 wings....but still bring in the ASCS at some point..... Maybe look at a USAC Sprint/Midget combo show of some sort :cool:

The only kind of openwheel car missing???? 410 wings aka World of Outlaws! I think a WoO show would be awesome at Tri-City even though I like non wing stuff better....

Again thanks for some great racing this year and I will definitly be back next year!

Ok Kurt, Your next set of numbers is going to be really expensive if they don't have us 360s back(lol). We want to be able go back and get the track figured out. I'm sure they were hoping to draw more from Lake Ozark. Track and facilities are great and it's a very well run program.
Dan

Hey I said to bring the 360s back Dan lol....I think the ASCS feature when it was just POWRi midgets with them was a dang good one!

Thanks for an awesome weekend of open wheel racing! At first I thought this track was too big for midgets but after being to every midget show this year there man was I wrong....this place is slide job city in open wheel! Great track and the races were great!

My only request...... MORE OPEN WHEEL RACES LOL

Have the midgets next year for all the shows again and add the 410 non wings for all nights instead of 360 wings....but still bring in the ASCS at some point..... Maybe look at a USAC Sprint/Midget combo show of some sort :cool:

The only kind of openwheel car missing???? 410 wings aka World of Outlaws! I think a WoO show would be awesome at Tri-City even though I like non wing stuff better....

Again thanks for some great racing this year and I will definitly be back next year!

good post...

Was the feature that bad? I was pretty much focused on Kyle and wasn't paying attention to the rest of the racing. It was only 4 cars less than the 410s ran in theirs.
Dan

Was the feature that bad? I was pretty much focused on Kyle and wasn't paying attention to the rest of the racing. It was only 4 cars less than the 410s ran in theirs.
Dan

It wasn't that bad, just kind of anticlimactic after the 50 lap whirlwind midget race before it.
I am showing my age, but it reminds me of back in the late 70's early 80's when Kenny Rogers was the hottest artist in the nation. Went to a concert and an upstart band called Alabama opened for Kenny, talking about anticlimactic.
To me the 360 feature looked like a tire buzz no traction non passing race.
Jeff Palazzolo

Thanks. Like I said, I was focused on Kyle and wasn't watching the rest. Being from S. Illinois and running a 360, Granite City is the closest we get to race. I know they didn't get the car count they were hoping for, but for selfish reasons I hope they'll keep us on board.
Dan

Did the midgets run first all 3 nights? Was surprised they didn't run them last on Sat. They were the big show and it wasn't overly late. Wonder if that was Tri-City's call or midgets?

Those who did not attend this event on Saturday night missed some are calling one of the best shows in 30 years. I know there are good races that come a long throughout the year but this one had it all. There are guys that attend over 100 races a year from coast to coast that said this show was a instant classic. I know some people don't attend races cause of money but if you just didn't attend this race because it was open wheel I am sorry to tell you but you won't see any better. Tri- City did a awesome job all week on the track letting it work itself and the races were awesome.

I totally agree ............ fantastic race. Thanks, Tri City Speedway. Everyone, mark this on your "to-do list" for next year.

bnkr

Did the midgets run first all 3 nights?

No they ran first one night second one night. Can't remember which night was which. Red cans I had in my hand cloud my memory.

At the line up board and at the pill draw, a format for each day was posted on Thursday. It had the midgets running their feature first on the first night, second on the second night and first on the third night.

Everyone could see the format when they drew their pills.

A format is always posted before the pits open and followed unless weather is moving in.

Thanks. Like I said, I was focused on Kyle and wasn't watching the rest. Being from S. Illinois and running a 360, Granite City is the closest we get to race. I know they didn't get the car count they were hoping for, but for selfish reasons I hope they'll keep us on board.
Dan

Bring that hot rod and leave the wings at home. Roughly ten of the non wing cars had wing spuds on them and they were not all 410's. Backing them into the corner is a blast. You may never want to go back to tin top racing. ;)

Yeah, we've had the wing off a couple times. Like running both ways. We couldn't run all 3 days anyway so running with our own kind was the choice for us. We ran earlier at GC without it. How many of the 360s made the feature?
Dan

Back