Tony Stewart & Ken Schrader to race at I-55 Raceway on June 28; $5 to get in the gate

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Pevely, MO (June 22, 2003) Defending NASCAR Winston Cup Champion Tony Stewart and veteran Ken Schrader will compete this Saturday night, June 28th at I-55 Raceway in the U.M.P. Late Model division. This will be Stewart's first race in a late model at I-55 Raceway, he has competed on the track previously in midgets and other open wheel cars. Schrader already has a victory this season at I-55 Raceway in the late model division, as he swept night's events back on April 19th.

It will also be Fan Appreciation Night at I-55 Raceway. All fans will be able to get into the grandstands for only $5, with kids twelve and under getting in FREE.

There is also a very special treat for the kids. Impressive Race Cars presents Nickel Night for kids three to twelve years old. All kids ages three through twelve will get to go onto the racetrack and pick up nickels that are spread onto the track. Many of these nickels are specially marked and those that find these nickels will be able to trade them for special prizes. There are several thousand dollars worth of nickels and prizes to be given out.

Gates will open at 4:00 P.M. this Saturday evening. There are NO reserved seats or advance ticket sales for this event.

Along with the U.M.P. Late Models, the U.M.P. Modifieds, A.A.R.A. Sportsman and Wannabeez will also be in competition.

I-55 Raceway, a high-banked, one-third-mile clay oval, is located 30 minutes south of the St. Louis Gateway Arch on Interstate 55 at Pevely exit 178. For more information, call the track at (636) 479-3219 or visit www.i55raceway.com.

Back