Topless night?

crash9

Is there a reason tracks don't make topless mandatory? Kinda sucks to promote a topless show and only have 1 mod at Tri-city, and 1 mod at I-55. At least the late models had quite a few. I think the two mods should have gotten the bonus money just cause they participated.

why have it topless at all did it change the racing any
I'm still not sure the point of it. All you can see is the top of the drivers head and very little else. Maybe back in the day you could see more when the drivers weren't wrapped up in a big cacoon like they are today? It was a plus for those drivers who got the extra 50 bucks though.

Kloos was the only one that collected the bonus.. He got $100 extra for being topless.

and someones a rookie also running topless or big spoilers etc was done years ago he11 how bring back the duallies lol

I much prefer the tops being left on the late model and modified cars. Same reason I wouldn't like to see a roof on a midget car - it just isn't right.

We went to Charleston Speedway in Charleston, IL last year for the topless race and if your car had a roof guess what?????????? YOU didn't race until you removed it. THATS THE WAY TO MAKE A TOPLESS RACE A TOPLESS RACE!!!!!!!!! No extra money for going without a roof that's why they called it a topless race.

taking the top off put more downforce on the spoiler . Guys have worked too hard on the aero package. I know it sounds stupid but the cars are now designed to run with the top . Some think taking it off will blow the whole program.

Back