Tri-City 1/2-1/4 LM shows

Swappin Paint

Lucas Oil race, 28 lm's show up for $10,000 to win $700 to start on the 1/2 mile. Sundays MARS race on the 1/4 gets 38 for $3000 to win $500 to start. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to do that $math$.

What are some of your opinions in this?

I like the bigger car count on the 1/4...

but I definitely prefer, even with the smaller car count, the racing on the 1/2

A larger car count and the tighter racing is deffinatly more excitimg to me.
This is why a 3/8 track is better, small enough so the locals will show up, (I don't know how many local boys have told me they wont race on the half because it is too hard on thier equipment), yet large enough to have a big time $10000 show. ex) Pevely or West plains.
The sooner Kevin changes the track the better. I know it would cost a lot of money, bui he really needs to put the stands on the south side, summer winds come from the south. JMO...

How come we don't see drivers like Zobrist, M. Faust, B. Faust, Oller, Rat, and many other locals for special shows like this one was. These gentlemen mentioned above are very good short track racers who have done fairly well racing against the travelers.

Was it the tire rule? Entry fee? Plus I know some drivers just like to have a day off during the weekend to spend doing other activities.

Let's just hope that Tri-City has the foresight to really bank the new 3/8. The Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Mo. has a great facility, but it's way too flat. All of the money they put into that place and nobody had the good sense to make it a highbanked track. They should've banked it like I-44 Speedway....now that's a fast track.

I dont like the 3/8 mile idea

i think Kevin's got the best thing going right now with the weekly races on the 1/4 and big shows on the 1/2, weve already got a 3/8 mile track, its called i55 raceway in pevely MO. why kevin would want to build a track that some one else in the area has already got i dont know. Kevins track is great because there are alot of drivers out there that like big half mile tracks, and if he just put a 3/8 in, it would just be like any other track. I say keep the half and quarter,but if he wanted to make a change, maybe put some more bank at the top of the half mile. Every one is talking about how the locals could still race on the 3/8 mile but i kknow alot of drivers that wont even go to pevely because they dont have the motor,but they'll go the tricity b/c its a 1/4(but thats only a handful of drivers, im most definatly not saying all wouldnt) JMO:)

I didn't mean to imply that I didn't like Tri-City's 1/4 and 1/2 setup. I'm just saying that if they change it like they said they were going to I hope they make it really highbanked. I love to see them fly on the 1/2.

I-55 Raceway is a 1/3 mile track and not a 3/8 mile track. Many people want to call it 3/8, but it is listed as 1/3. Just to correct the record and not to start anything.

From the track's web site for I-55 Raceway -

Track:
Length: 1/3 mile
Banking: 19 degrees in the corners - 10 degrees on straight-aways
Surface: Clay

drb28, I agree with you!

Leave it the way it is with the 1/4 mile and the 1/2 mile. That is what makes Tri-City, Tri-City....but this is JMO ;)

Swappin Paint said:
Lucas Oil race, 28 lm's show up for $10,000 to win $700 to start on the 1/2 mile. Sundays MARS race on the 1/4 gets 38 for $3000 to win $500 to start. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to do that $math$.

Hey, Rocket Scientist, you notice how many people were in the stands? None for the 1/4, half mile shows its always packed. I got there at 630 and couldnt believe the amount of cars in the parking lot, it was terrible.

Well I was told that the half is going to be taken out, the 3/8s thing is on the back burner for now, but I think it will happan, and the track running on Friday nites sux!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I say make it semi-banked 3/8ths. If you go to similar tracks, you usually see lots of good side by side racing. West Plains is a good example.

Pevely is just a flat out fantastic track, but if you bank a track too high, then it's just a horsepower show.

And by the way, some of the best tracks in the world are flat half miles (Knoxville, Williams Grove).

Swappin Paint said:

I think the fans would rather see the 1/2 mile races. Too bad so many are scared of the big track.

In which turn are they putting the BAR / RESTAURANT with the WINDOWS and A/C to watch the races in STYLE ??? :D

The reason the #26 Billy Faust team does not race at Granite on Sunday, is because we all work on Monday's and the races consistantly get over way too late. If they could complete the show at a reasonable time, we'd probably show up. 2nd issue, racing on the 1/2 mile is just too tough on equipment. If you have a weak spot in the motor, your going to find it.

I'd like to see a 3/8 mile track built or something close in size. Put the grand stands on the other side too...;)

Back