True Sportsmanship

Red70Racer

Jeff Palazzolo
I saw this on another forum, Indiana Open Wheel. I don't know who this guy is, but I like him

kcarm92

:cool: pretty cool
saturday at lps i always give my trophys away when i win , as i did saturday but back in the pits as we was loading cars a man and his two boys came up he said his son had something for me he said i gave him my trophy couple of races ago he races 1/4 midgets he won the hall of fame 50 lapper at his track and he wanted me to have his trophy since i gave him mine, i got it on our shelf at work so people can see it, pretty cool

I give all my trophy's away and its awsome to see them little kids faces when they get it! its like they just won a million bucks. They all know i give them away at fayette county and macon now and there racing to get to me. Funny story at macon one time after the races were over we won the feature and 2 young boys came over to my pit and i knew what they wanted so i asked are you 2 brothers hoping they could share it but nope, i asked you to live together and no again so im like crap! so all i could do was flip a coin and the winnner got the trophy and i felt so bad for the other kid and i told him i guarenteed him a win the next weekend and it is his. Well thank god i won the very next week and before i was out of my car that kid was at my window and i handed it to him right away! he was running wild after he got it! My father Marion Blankenship did the same thing after mom got tired of dusting all the trophies and he started giving them away. I keep the first trophy i win every year and a special one and that is it just because the kids is the future of are local racing and to keep them involved is what we need to do. And i get more fans! lol

WAY COOL! I saw your Dad race at B- Town against Rick Carter.....
I give all my trophy's away and its awsome to see them little kids faces when they get it! its like they just won a million bucks. They all know i give them away at fayette county and macon now and there racing to get to me. Funny story at macon one time after the races were over we won the feature and 2 young boys came over to my pit and i knew what they wanted so i asked are you 2 brothers hoping they could share it but nope, i asked you to live together and no again so im like crap! so all i could do was flip a coin and the winnner got the trophy and i felt so bad for the other kid and i told him i guarenteed him a win the next weekend and it is his. Well thank god i won the very next week and before i was out of my car that kid was at my window and i handed it to him right away! he was running wild after he got it! My father Marion Blankenship did the same thing after mom got tired of dusting all the trophies and he started giving them away. I keep the first trophy i win every year and a special one and that is it just because the kids is the future of are local racing and to keep them involved is what we need to do. And i get more fans! lol

Back