Tune up for me please, check the oil and fill er up too MMP

Lizardracing

race it, don't rice it!
Why is it fair to any one too delay the start of the Amod feature so an official can change a spark plug on on a competing car on the front stretch?

Why does the driver who spins out causing a pile up in turn one on a start or restart get his spot back?

How is it fair that a car drops out with a mechanical problem before the green flag falls reset just the outside row? The inside row remained as it was.

I really wanna know the answer to these please.

If you are referring to tony patterson I removed a 8 inch piece of tubing that was sticking up un capped that could have cut a tire on someone elses car not to help him but to help everyone else !!!

and just like every other class if you do not have a lap in it is a complete restart !

Hope this helps
Casey Pearson

It does Casey, thank you for responding.

While I agree the piece removed was a good intention, I don't think using tools on a car is fair to all drivers even if you were willing to help out any one in need. I think you need to draw a more definite line about what officials can do to a car while on the racing surface. It's a "if you did it for one than you have to do it for everyone" situation. What's next, body work? tune ups? tire changes? chassis adjustments?. I know this seems like a stretch right now but I'm using exaggeration to further my point that it's a very slippery slope to start going down. I don't mind pulling out fenders or bending something out of the way of a tire or anything else that takes less than five seconds with no tools to do but I sure wouldn't delay the start/restart of a race to do it. From a fans perspective, and myself as another driver, it has a perception of favoritism that extends much further than "saving everyone else tires" Tony seems like a good guy so this isn't any kind of personal vendetta as I would expect the same treatment for myself to send him to the pits.

Cars who spin out should be penalized regardless of the lap or class. Otherwise there's little incentive for good behavior in turn 1 on a restart.

Thanks for listening....

Back