Update on Marty Kopp

racingfreak67

Racing Freak
Marty was admitted in to the Siteman Cancer Center again Thursday.
Marty went in for his radiation treatment Thursday and was admitted because his heart rate was 112 and they believed he may have pneumonia. They did an x-ray but are wanted to ran a cscan. When they layed him flat his heart rate is raised to 143!! So they can not run cscan yet. They said he has so much build up in his lungs it is closing his air ways when he lays flat, and he panics and this is causing the heart rate to raise. They gave him advain (sp) last night to help calm him and it did, it knocked him out. Last I talked to Karla was around 11 pm last night, she was scared and worried. I will update later today.
Again please keep them in your thoughts and prayers!

Update!!!

Karla just called and Marty is in ICU and she said the Dr's came in and said he is starting to go into respiratory failure. If this happens they said they can put him on ventilator but they say if they do they will prob. not be able to take him off. So the family is gathering to decide what to do. The cancer has grown and they say it is wrapping around the lobes which is why he is having such a hard time breathing.

Please, Please pray for the entire family as they have some hard decisions to make.

We're extremely sorry to hear this. Our thoughts & prayers continue to be with the Kopp family.

Tom, Amy, & Sydney Smallwood

Carla, amy, and the rest of the family,

if you need any thing please give us a call. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and amy please keep us updates.

Love ya guys
brandy

Just left the hospital.
He is in stable condition and dr says the reason he was starting respiratory failure was due to them removing too much fluid off his lungs last night.
They said if the cancer that is wrapping around the lobe closes it off completely they can go in and put a stint in. They wont do it now because the stint will only last for so long.
He will be going home tomorrow, dr's gave him a choice of going home on hospice or going home and starting chemo. Marty is not going to give up, so he will be going home and seeing his oncologist in a week or two. He is not strong enough to start now.
Marty is a fighter and if there is any chance at all that he could beat this, he will give it his all!!
Keep him in your thoughts and prayers, pray for him to get the strength to fight this.
Thanks
Amy

Rooster MoterSports

Marty, I wish U the best, U are in our prayers!!!!!
icon14.gif

Karla and Marty

Marty and Karla ,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We know what you are going through keep fighting, All your friends are pulling for you .
Want to see you guys camping again soon.

Wesley , Laura , Jamie Howard

Marty and Karla
Our thoughts and prayers are with you both, Our prayers for you to have all the strength you need to win this battle.
Connie and Bryan Slover

Karla and Marty Kopp: Our thoughts are to you and your family. We will continue to pray for you. God's peace and strength to you. Keep up the good fight.

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I pray every day for Marty. aND. Bill. I know how u r feeling karla. I will pray harder. Marty fight this!!

Well alot has happened since my last update......

Marty signed himself out of the hospital Sunday so he could see his grandsons run their quarter midgets. This is the one thing he wanted to see before he passes. And that he did! Sunday night we went to the quarter midget track and the boys got to practice after the races.
After that things got worse for him. He is unable to drink anything, and has no appetite. He also has been sleeping most of the day.
Monday Karla took him to Alton Memorial and they gave him fluids through the IV, but said that he was not dehydrated. At about 9:30 they transferred him back over to Barnes. He had lost 8lbs since Thurday. They say anything he eats or drinks is going into his lungs, and his heart rate is still too high. They are giving him morphine for pain, cause he is now in alot of pain. They told Karla they may go in and swell his voice box and this will help with the food and fluids going down the right pipe so its not going into his lungs. As for his heart rate they said they would like to start him on meds to help that but since he cant swallow pills or water they cant do that. She said his heart rate dropped to 30 something then raised to 200 something real fast. They mentioned maybe having to shock his heart.
Marty is not looking good and in alot of pain. I guess its a good thing at this point that he is sleeping alot, so he is not feeling the pain all the time.

Karla even though I am not there, I am thinking of you both. Call me if you need anything! My phone is on all night just in case you need me!

Love you all
Amy

Sorry to hear this, Keep fighting marty, You, Karla, and your entire family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Kayte and Scott

Thank you for the update, we where wondering how things where going. We wish it could of been better news, but we continue to send our thoughts and prayers to Karla and Marty both.

I spoke with Karla this evening and she said they will be putting a feeding tube in Thursday afternoon, and he will go home with hospice care. She said they are looking at Saturday as his release date. Friday hospice will come to their house and bring a hospital bed and everything Karla will need to care for him. They have him on morphine so he is still not awake very often, and when he is he is dazed.
Please continue to pray for Marty, Karla and kids.

Thanks again,
Amy

Marty and Karla

I just heard the news about Marty tonight from a good friend , I am sorry to hear that he is in so much pain . Marty you have been a great friend to everybody just wish we could take this all away from you . Karla, be strong tell Marty that we are thinking about him. Glad to hear that he got to see his grandkids in his quarter midget.We will keep thinking about you in our prayers.

Wesley , Laura

I spoke with Karla this evening and she said they will be putting a feeding tube in Thursday afternoon, and he will go home with hospice care. She said they are looking at Saturday as his release date. Friday hospice will come to their house and bring a hospital bed and everything Karla will need to care for him. They have him on morphine so he is still not awake very often, and when he is he is dazed.
Please continue to pray for Marty, Karla and kids.

Thanks again,
Amy

We went through this a few years ago with my dad. I am very sorry to hear this. Marty is a good guy. We'll be praying for him and his loved ones. Also praying for God to give Karla the strength and courage she needs. God bless.

Back