Wally McDuffy flip photos from Tri-City last night..

It was definately a hard flip. What's startling is that his arms are outside the cage in one of your photos. From the way they talked on the PA system, he was knocked unconcious as well.

Wally was most certainly knocked around during the flip..As of 2AM he was in surgery to relieve the pressure in his legs.(Both are broken) His lungs are bruised..I haven't heard of anything else at this point..

We all wish him a speedy recovery..

As soon as we find out what room he is in I will post something.( or if someone else finds out let us know)

Lynn if you need anything give us a call...

He is at SLU...

The car...Well does it really matter??

At first glance of the pictures, it looks as if his arms are hanging out the side of the car, but that is actually the driveshaft I do believe.

I was in attendance at this race. A horrific crash to say the least. I do not personally know Wally, but my husband does. I'm truly upset over the accident. It breaks my heart to see someone doing what they love and to get hurt so badly. Me and my family will keep Wally and his family in our prayers.

Considering the violence of the flip, I think Wally was lucky to get out with just the broken legs and lung injuries. He could've easily lost an arm. Scary, scary flip. Why don't they run window nets?

Does anyone know Wally or where he is from? I saw the horrific flip and was sure his arm was torn up. Not even broken??? Wow! Glad he will be ok.

~ Rod

He had window nets on both sides of the car, as one of the ambulance personnel we cut them to aid in removing him from the car.

that was the worst flip i have seen i was there and knew it wasnt good when he did not get out of the car i hope he has a fast full recovery

He had window nets on both sides of the car, as one of the ambulance personnel we cut them to aid in removing him from the car.

Those are the nets on each side of his head to keep his head inside, but if he had true window nets, both his arms wouldn't have been flailing around outside the car during the flip. Look at the picture!

That is absolutely horrifying! I've never seen something like that. Those pictures, especially the close ups, are nothing less than disturbing. Wow...I am so glad that he is alive, and I've never met the guy...I wish him a quick recovery.

Dont alot of sprint drivers wear some kind of strap that connects to each arm, or something of that nature, to prevent this kind stuff from happening?

Yes, I believe they are all required to use the window nets, and/or Arm restraints. I don't know whether he had the arm restraints or not but from the pictures it looks like he was out the whole time and had no control of his arms. It even looks like his arms are dragging the track in the one picture. Hope he is doing better, I guess it could have been alot worse. Hope to see Wally racing again in the future.

Wally was wearing arm restraints...They broke during the wreck.

Racerod- He is from Carlyle..

Last update I got was: Drug induced coma to promote healing..As said before both legs broken & bruised lungs..

Please keep Wally & his family in your thoughts & prayers !!!!!!

Flip

From the pics it appears he is unconscious during the flip. Possibly that could have been the best thing for him, if he was conscious he might have tensed up and maybe had more body damage. Its very scary to see someone in the car in a violent flip like that and realize there is nothing he can do about it. Godspeed recovery to him...

Back