We lost a great race fan..

Parts Gal

Linda Schaefer
Most of you probably don't know Larry by name. But he was a true race fan. He went to ALL the local tracks and was always looking for old stats from the tracks. RIP Larry
Larry Cliff Ainscough
SEPTEMBER 19, 1942 – OCTOBER 25, 2018
larry-ainscough-fairview-heights-il-obituary.jpg

Larry Clif Ainscough, 76, of Fairview Heights, born, September 19, 1942, in Centralia, Illinois, passed away, October 25, 2018.
Larry proudly served his country in the United States Army, during the Vietnam War. He retired from the Department of the Air Force after working as a material handler at Scott Air Force Base. Larry enjoyed collecting toy race cars, watching the races and traveling around the country to see races live. He was a dear cousin, neighbor and friend. He will truly be missed by all who knew and loved him.
He was preceded in death by both of his parents: Clifford R. and Gladys M. (nee Gore) Ainscough. Surviving him are his cousins: Ronald (Betty) Shaw, Vaden “Jiggs” (Brenda) Ainscough, Delores Edmond, Sam (Cheryl) Finley, and Leona (Larry) Staley, his aunt, Mary Ainscough, and a dear number of nieces, nephews, cousins, relatives and friends.
In lieu of flowers, memorials are appreciated to the American Cancer Society. Additional condolences and memories may be shared online at www.lakeviewfuneralhm.com
Visitation: Family and friends may visit from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm, Tuesday, October 30, 2018, at Lake View Funeral Home, located at 5000 N Illinois Street, Fairview Heights, IL 62208.
Funeral Service: All funeral services will be held immediately following visitation at 12:00 pm. Interment to be held at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights IL.

Very sorry to hear this. I talked to him at great length most nights at BC. I helped him with drivers names and feature finishes. He told me many stories about racing in the 60s and 70s at BC, and how most nights the stands were packed. I will miss seeing him. Prayers to the family.

Larry would come down after the races and we would strike up a conversation about the gold old days when my dad raced. I believe he went through basic training with my uncle John. A true race fan. Very sad news.

Brian Thompson

So sorry to hear this. He truly was a race fan! He would stop by Jimmy's car in the pits after the races at Belle-Clair and chat with us every night. Rest in Peace Larry.

Debbie Cummins and Cummins Racing #19

Back