Wear racing shirts to PHOTOBILLY FUNERAL

Racerrod

racerrod
PHOTOBILLY'S mother and father have asked me to post this here for all his racing friends, and ask each of you to spread the word to all who are coming. Funeral details are posted in a different posting so I will just post what I have been told to post:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**RACING ATTIRE FOR BILLY'S FUNERAL** I have been told to post this for all of Billy's friends and family to see. It has been discussed with Billy's parents the idea of having everyone wear "racing related shirts" to his wake and his funeral. If this is something you are comfortable with it is totally acceptable and in some cases, expected.

I was in Billy's room the day he died and we discussed how many racing shirts, hats, jackets and sweatshirts he has acquired over the years. He hardly ever wore anything else and always promoted his favorite sport everywhere he went! Nobody loved or promoted racing quite like Billy and he would love the idea of his racing friends and family dress just as he did nearly every day of his life.

I have also been contacted by a racing driver (whom I can't even remember now because this has all been so hectic!) who would love to honor Billy's love for racing by hauling his race car to the funeral home on Saturday morning to display in the parking lot but I have not yet asked Betty, Sonny or Tony about this idea??

But the racing shirt idea is a GO for all that would love to do that! Thanks for all the love and support you have shown our family during this unbelievable time! Nothing we have been through feels like this. If you have any questions please post here or send to me. His mother, father and brother are overwhelmed with everything.

~ Rod Haffer
rodhaffer@yahoo.com
618-799-8878 text/cell

I want to bump this up.

This is a cool idea, and I think Billy would have loved it.

I really wish I could make it to one of the days.

He had so many but growing up in st Charles I would have to say mike hammerle is definitely near the top of the list. He knew hammerle the longest and cheered for him as a kid. There were many other connections to hammerle and the Haffer family. Billy also loved Danny moser as we both went to Farmington hundreds of times and he was always so nice to us. Not to mention "the fastest man in the Midwest!"

Rod Haffer

A heartfelt thanks to all the track officials, drivers, fans and family members who wore their racing shirts to photobillys funeral Friday and Saturday! It was an awesome display of love and respect to Billy's passion.

Rod haffer

Back