Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Liked it the other way better.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Waiting to see it finished first.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Doe Run Raceway

Staff member
Let us know what you think about the changes taking place at the track. If you haven't stopped by to check it out, be sure to do so!

From the pictures I have seen and what I have been told, I can't wait to see the finished product. If you need any help Bobby give me a call. I am going to try and stop by the track tomorrow(Sunday).

Hey Bobby I think that the track is looking really good. I really wish that I could be there for it. But I'll be back and race ready when my feet hit the ground. But I got to go I have just under three hours before I leave.

I think....

80 mph in a dwarfcar.........

Take care of yourself Pettus! Good luck, Be safe, we'll all be thinking about you. Tell you Dad that if he needs anything to catch me at the "Zone". See ya when you get back. Randy Horton Jr.

LOOKIN GOOD

DRR, the improvements on the track are looking good . I can't wait till your 2 playdays so I can bring my sportsman/hobby stock or whatever they call us now out there to show you that you have a track big enough to race us on Friday nites. I have talked to several modified guys that want to come out for the playdays also. Should be one heck of a playday for DRR. If anyone has not seen the improvements, they need to check them out in person. I believe it will resemble a little Montgomery County. Good luck in 2004, you guys will be seeing alot more of my handsome face in 2004. Just keep listening for the name , miss E Enterprises to be at the track . The"Hustler"

I went and saw the track earlier. It is going to make for some fast and great racing. Bobby and the guys working on it are doing a great job. I can't wait till April.

Hey Harris69, they cant run big vehicles out there at night anyway becuase of the noise. I never understood that because those gokarts are louder than a lot of the cars.

Noise?

We are not located inside the city limits...there are no noise ordinances or curfews, plus we have a good relationship with our neighbors.

The noise issue has never come up that I am aware of.

mufflers...

Mufflers are becoming common throughout racing, they protect the racers and fans hearing and they are a polite way of telling the neighbors that we want to play but we're trying not to offend you.

We still have to run them this season and I'm sure that if he runs a different class(other than a playday), he'll require mufflers on them too.

Racers shouldn't be mad about mufflers or be afraid of them, the benefits are worth more than the dollars paying for them. And, it's not like they take away from performance, that has long since been proven.

Rock Lover=Aunt Jemima

A regular poster hiding behind a different screen name so he doesn't make himself look bad while he is try stir up crap.
And i think I got this one figured out.

Mufflers

Because we want to MAINTAIN a good relationship with our neighbors.

And yes..if the rules say you have to have a muffler, you have to have a muffler.

Also, I believe Mr. Harris was referring to bringing his Hobby/Sportsman out on playday.

All classes of cars, (modifieds, street stocks, pure streets, hobby stocks, sportsmen...whatever....) are welcome at playday.

Heck, if someone wants to bring their sprint out, start it up and give it a whirl that's fine too. (It wouldn't be the first time we've had a sprint car on the race track!)

Back