who makes the best dirt modified chassies???

HMRT MotorSports

Late Models & 1/4 Midgets
Im looking to get a new modified for 2004,in the midwest area,what chassie is winning the races,,,are they 4 bar,2 link, Z link ,,whats hot for 2004

I'd say either an Impressive, Dirt Works, or even a Nullynski car. They seem to work the best around this area. People are winning with all different cars and all different rear suspensions.

Impressive Race Cars

Don Jumper at Impressive Race Cars has good cars. Not only does he build them, he will take your calls and answer any questions that you may have about set up, springs, etc.... he has never turned down any of my calls, as stupid as they may be!

He will do you right! He is located in Hillsboro, MO. Telephone number is 636-274-5577.

harris makes a good chassis... i would even check on making it where you could change it from 2 link to 4 bar to even z link... have all possiblities

Jumper answers his phone, really??? I must be on call block, LOL!

Impressive is the way to go in mod's and sportsman. Jumper is always at the track to help when needed, the man is first class.

Jumper on chassis, and High Caliber for your graphics. If they don't answer, they will get back to you, it might take a week, but they will call, lol. Just kidding Wimp and Don!

Might want to look at the tracks where u plan to race..and what the normal track conditions throw at you on a basic weekend.

Pierce and Rayburn Mods seem to hook up real well on dryslick.

Most popular around here seem to be Impressive, Dirtworks, GRTs, and Predators, etc..

the best car

The best cars hands down are impressive or mike nulls cars hands down for this area the win almost everything.And yes high caliber graphics to wimp is the best around.

I would go with Jumper. He built my asphalt modified and has been a big help with set-up and changes to make it legal for a different track (and also fielding some of my stupid questions). If you are looking at getting the car for next season, make sure to get your order in early. Also, it helps to have the builder local so you don't have to haul the car hours away to get repairs done.

Pappa of 3 P's

Originally posted by pappa of 3 p's
Jumper answers his phone, really??? I must be on call block, LOL!

Donnie says "that the only person worse than him about answer the phone is YOU!" :D

Laura

I have never built a mod from scratch, but the Rayburn Chewin mentioned above is not CJ it is some guy named bruce, CJ does not sell modifieds. If I were to build a mod, I would look really hard at an impressive, a jet, a Pierce, and a dirt works, and combine their best atributes into my own. No offense intended toward any other modified builders.

Impressive

I have to say Impressive.... I have seen from personal expreince a car he built that took one heck of a tumble many tumbles to be exact and the only thing that happened to the driver was being bruised by the seat belts. The drivers cage was still in perfect shape. The rest was history but what do you expect when you get shot up into the back wall and flipped 4 times? It was just a racing thing. The drivers cage like I said was still perfect and saftey is what we all want and need anyway...... So I give Donnie a BIG thumbs up !!!!!

Lisa

Re: the best car

Originally posted by Dixon50
The best cars hands down are impressive or mike nulls cars hands down for this area the win almost everything.And yes high caliber graphics to wimp is the best around.

I AGREE!

I FIGURE TWO OF THE BEST IN THE STL, ARE RAY WALSH AND SCOTT WEBER. THATS WHAT THEY RUN, WALSH A NULLYNSKI AND WEBER AN IMPRESSIVE!

AS FAR AS REAR SUSPENSION, THAT WOULD BE PERSONAL PREFERENCE. I THINK THE 4 BAR AND Z-LINK SET UPS ARE MORE POPULAR, BUT SOME OF THE GUYS STILL LIKE THE TRUSTY 2 LINK. BOBBY BITTLE BEING ONE OF THE. HE IS LEADING THE POINTS AT BELLVILLE AND 2ND AT I-55.

FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD FROM MY MODIFIED BUDDIES IS THE 2-LINKS LIKE THE TACKY AND ROUGH, AND THE OTHERS GO BETTER IN THE DRY BLACK AND SLICK. JUST WHAT I HEAR!

I don't think there is a best chassis. About all of them that I have seen win races. It mainly depends on the driver and set up. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by Jimmy Cummins
I don't think there is a best chassis. About all of them that I have seen win races. It mainly depends on the driver and set up. Just my opinion.

YOU ARE RIGHT JIMMY. THE GOOD THING ABOUT NULLYNSKI AND IMPRESSIVE IS THE GUYS WHO BUILD THEM ARE RIGHT HERE IN THE AREA TO HELP YOU IF NEEDED.

Brent Mullins & Jim Werner Jr. drive RACER1 chassis and do quite well , and are located in Litchfield IL .

best chassis

i would have to say impressive and dirtworks are the very best.i have owned both and they both are great cars and the builders are first class to boot.i bought one of scotty webers old cars and jumper helped me with the car setup and all the questions i had.as for rear setups,i would go with a combo car,the four link works well on dry slick and the two link on tacky tracks,i dont really care for the z-link setup but alot of guys are doin well with it.it all comes down to driver preference,but as far as well built cars go with impressive aand dirtworks,both are great..

If anyone is interested I have a 2002 Dirt Works with 13 nights on it for sale. have all parts to make it 4 bar, z link, swing arm, or 2 link. complete roller $7500, also spare front end parts and front bumper. also can make it turn key if anyone is intersted call 636-262-8708 and ask for Gary. Thanks Hobson Motorsports.

Back