who really is the rookie of the year in sportsmens at highland?!?!?!

who really is the sportsmen rookie of the year at highland?!?!?!

• the water truck driver

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • fast frankie martin

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • the tire in turn 1

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • the fans

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • the flag man

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • chad zobrist

• the front straight a way wall

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • charlie depew

• ed dixon

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • aaron melton

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters

Tweaked

no in all seriousness enough with all the names flying around hell anyone can be rookie of the year to someone but still got to give credit where it is due melton had a great year.

I heard they are considering taking the award away from Dan Dondero and giving it to Chad Zobrist, He raced one night in the sportsman class and has one feature win. Now thats a top notch rookie. I think this was brought to Charlies attention the other night when Charlie was over at Chads eating supper. So ya thought I wouldnt find out about this. I have ways!! I wont miss out on the BBQ next time.

JMO I dont consider a guy who has driven in two classes and his first year in a SM car as a rookie, nothing against DD, but if you've driven a race car your not a rookie, I have been around racing 39 years and most of the tracks that I have ever been associated with has never given a rookie of the year to a guy who has moved down a class, I think the the first year driver is the only qualified driver to get considered for rookie of the year.

jumpinjackdw

I know of a track that gave rookie of the year to a racer that raced a full season the year before. Instead of giving it to the racer that really deserved it. As a matter of fact this happened twice at the same track. It doesnt matter if your a rookie or not. It is called favortism which most every track has and always will have to some extint or another.
JMO

rookie?

Maverick! said:
I know of a track that gave rookie of the year to a racer that raced a full season the year before. Instead of giving it to the racer that really deserved it. As a matter of fact this happened twice at the same track. It doesnt matter if your a rookie or not. It is called favortism which most every track has and always will have to some extint or another.
JMO
Yeah that does not make any sense. Be easier to decide who was the best rookie if the track promoters shared what the criteria was .....heh?

lol franko your still in the lead lol wonder how many votes cathy woulda got haha jp i ment this as a joke and alot of people are likin it haha

lol this post is really funny...it goes to show ya that anyone can win rookie of the year even the wall...lmao...but really dan shouldnt of won even though its not his fault...i say it should of went to aaron melton...he really did have a great year finished top 5 in points i do believe and it was his first year congrats to you better luck next year...in my opinion you are the rookie of the year:D
70b5racing

Eventhough I back dan up 100%, I do agree with everybody on this whole bu11sh!t deal. But my opinion is this, What they need to do at highland is get rid of C.D. (dont want spell out any names) and bring in an actual association, and not have some average joe jackass running the show as he goes along and changing rules according to who involved!JMO

I think it is really obvious Aaron Melton should have won it, I know he was really wanting it after a year of hard work, etc, but I won Rookie of the Year at Belleville with my Sportsman car and it isn't much more than a plaque on the wall.

:p OK, YES, I TOO AM SAYING THAT I BELIEVE AARON SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN ROOKIE OF THE YEAR, BUT THEN AGAIN...I'M HIS WIFE...WHO ELSE WOULD I VOTE FOR....LOL...DAN DONDERO AND JANET ARE GOOD FRIENDS AND I'M NOT BLAMING DAN FOR THIS...BUT I PUT ALL THE BLAME ON HIGHLAND....ALL YEAR LONG AARON HAS WORKED HIS AZZ OFF FOR THAT AWARD AND CHARLIE KNEW IT TOO....AARON SAT OUT ALL YEAR LAST YEAR WHILE DAVID DROVE HIS CAR..JUST SO HE COULD QUALIFY AS A ROOKIE....ANYWAY WE COULD GO ON AND ON ABOUT THIS SUBJECT AND HOW DIFFERENT PEOPLE VIEW THE TERM "ROOKIE"....IT'S OVER AND I HOPE THIS SUBJECT DIES OFF REAL SOON.
NEXT YEAR IT WILL BE SOMEONE ELSE GETTING THE FEEL GOOD BY HIGHLAND....

SEE Y'ALL AT THE RACES NEXT YEAR (OOPS...NOT HIGHLAND) WE'RE RACIN SOMEWHERE ELSE FULL TIME....

BRENDA MELTON

I AM SUPRISED ANYONE RACES AT THAT JOINT. JUST GO BACK AND READ POSTS ABOUT HIGHLAND THROUGH THE YEAR. YOU'LL BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND MUCH POSITIVE. :confused: I WAS THERE ONCE THIS YEAR FOR THE 1ST TIME IN ABOUT 3 YEARS. IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG TO REMEMBER WHY I DON'T NORMALLY GO THERE. I TOOK A GOOD LOOK AROUND BEFORE I LEFT. I DIDN'T WANT TO FORGET WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE!

Brenda, where is Aaron planning on running this year full time at so we can decide what track to go to on a regular basis?

Melissa, Where does Brian plan on running this year full time?

dave0654 said:
Shoot Dan has probably been driving longer than some of you have been alive!
The 2006 season will be his 28th year racing I believe. :D
Not exactly positive on this info, but it is up in the air that Bob(Co-owner of Big Red) may not take the car to the Land of BU11SH!T, But dont know for sure.

:) aaron's Plans Right Now, Is On Friday It Will Most Likely Be At Godfrey, All Though, That Could Change...and Sundays He's Going To Run Granite City Full Time. I'm Not 100% On Fridays Though Right Now.

i Thought Bielong And Crew Were Talking About Belleville On Fridays But Not Sure On That Either.

highland Will Be Ocassional As Far As I Know...maybe That Would Be "our Night" To Go Out And Watch Racing....you Know How That Will Go...we'll Be Racin Every Night Of The Weekend Before Long....go Figure.

brenda

If I am not mistaken, this season was Dan's 28th Season in racing. His 25th was the year after I went into the Army. That was just after 2001 season. Making his 25th season in 2002.

Back