Who will be the next promoter at Brownstown?

#1fordman

From what I'v been hearing from drivers from Fayette Co. Charly will no longer have the track. I heard they are going to bid it out which is probably a good idea. I think every track should bid it out every year. His car count also shure has went down from the beginning of the year g wonder y. Well anyway what is everyone elses opinion?

Well I dont know but I think Charlie does a good job. He has always been nice to me and always tries to race when it looks like rain. Also something they do at Brownstown I like is come around and thank people for coming to race, the 2 tracks I raced all year I don't think thanked me once for coming. Also I appreciate his special shows he runs.

WHAT A GREAT 2ND POST, REALLY GLAD YOU LIKE IT SO WELL AT ANOTHER TRACK LIKE YOU SAID IN YOUR 1ST POST. WELL, AREN'T WE THE SMART ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW WHO YOU ARE #1FORDMAN, AND, AS FOR BIDDING THE TRACK OUT AFTER ALL THE WORK CHARLIE HAS DONE ON IT, YOU AND YOUR WHOLE BUNCH SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!
WHEN I STARTED AT FAYETTE CO. IT WAS LIKE RACING IN A FISHBOWL, CHARLIE PUT A LOT OF TIME, EFFORT, AND MANY LONG SLEEPLESS NIGHTS INTO MAKING IT A GREAT RACETRACK, THAT YOU NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE RACING AT THIS PAST YEAR. BUT WHEN YOU GROW UP{HA HA} YOU WILL LEARN THAT WE ALL HAVE RULES WE HAVE TO FOLLOW, AND IF YOU LET THOSE RULES BE BROKEN AFTER TIME, SOMEONE WILL GET TIRED OF CORRECTING YOU AND YOU WILL BE PUNISHED FOR THEM{IE BLACK FLAGGED}! I WILL TELL YOU THAT EVERY YEAR THE CAR COUNTS GO DOWN TOWARDS THE END OF THE SEASON {JUST LOOK AT SOME OF THE OTHER TRACKS} TIMES ARE TIGHT RIGHT NOW, {AND NOT EVERYBODY HAS A DADDY WORBUCKS TO KEEP THEM GOING} I KNOW I DON'T MAYBE THAT IS WHY OUR MODIFIED IS STILL IN OUR MACHINE SHED AND SOME OF THE GUYS THAT THEIR CAR HAVE BROKE, DON'T WANT TO SINK A BUNCH OF MONEY INTO THEM SO LATE IN THE SEASON, AND WILL WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR. THINGS HAVE BEEN GOING GREAT AT FAYETTE CO., BUT WHEN THE CROWD AND CAR COUNT START GOING DOWN AFTER SCHOOL STARTS AND YOU STILL HAVE TO MAKE YOUR PAYOUT, ANY GOOD BUSINESS PERSON SHOULD NO WHEN IT'S TIME TO END THE SEASON.
IF YOU DECIDE TO BID ON THE TRACK YOU CAN COUNT ME OUT OF THE LITTLE MIND GAME YOU ARE ALL PLAYING, I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN FAIR TO EVERYONE AND WILL NOT BE A PART OF SOMETHING THAT WILL HURT SOMEONE OR THEIR CHARACTER, CALL ME STUPID BUT THAT'S NOT HOW I WAS RAISED, SO MAYBE YOU NEED TO TAKE A LONG LOOK AT YOURSELF AND WHAT YOU HAVE STIRRED UP, BECAUSE THIS IS NOT A GAME, IT IS SOMEONE'S LIFE AND THEIR LIVELYHOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T USUALLY GET ON HERE, BUT WHEN I DO, IT IS USUALLY SOMETHING TO PRAISE SOMEONE ABOUT, THIS REPLY WAS DONE BY MYSELF AND NO ONE ELSE HAD A SAY IN IT, IF THAT'S WHAT YOUR THINKING. I ONLY THOUGHT I'D RESPOND, TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS JUST WRONG, AND IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE OTHER THAN #1FORDMAN, I AM TRULY SORRY AND HOPE THIS IS THE LAST POST I'LL EVER HAVE TO WRITE THAT IS NOT SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT THE GREAT SPORT OF STOCK CAR RACING, BECAUSE THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO DESERVE A NICE TRACK TO RACE AT AND TO BE TREATED IN A FAIR MANNER AND I WANT TO WELCOME EVERYONE TO FAYETTE CO. ANYTIME.

NOT AFRAID TO SIGN MY NAME {LIKE SOME PEOPLE}

KATHY DRAEGE
PITSTEWARD AT FAYETTE CO. SPEEDWAY
{SOME MIGHT CALL ME A B!TCH, BUT I SAY, I'M A FAIR ONE!!!}

Well said, Kathy!

For those that have never worked at a track and/or been involved in the day to day operations ... it's not as easy as you think sitting in the stands, or better yet hiding behind a screen name at your computer!

Sure, everyone doesn't agree with all of the decisions made at their local track ... but we're all human and even the best humans make mistakes. Split-second decisions are made and even the best people make mistakes from time to time.

Sure, there are those that think they can do a better job at running tracks than others can ... but from one who puts in many more hours than even Charlie knows ... it's not as easy as most people think it is to make sure everyone is informed, things get posted, updated, submitted, etc. and that's just my end of the deal.

Then there is the track prep crew, the concession crew, the track officials, the office staff, etc. etc. etc.

Before someone runs their mouth and suggests they can do things better, they need to make sure they have all of their ducks in a row and can step up to the plate should it be shoved in their lap :)

Leigh Ann Wells

heck of a guy

Charlie I have met the man twice and when you meet someone u can tell right off if they are 4 real or not he is OTAY wit me and I WILL B glad to race at his track anytime He is a class act!!!! And for Kathy she dose a great job and is one Hottie I watch her work the pits she works to damn hard I have Never seen anybody at any track work the pit like this woman!!!!!! I wish I could find a ladie like that I would be one happy camper!!!!!! I will be at the big bash next month it will be a hoot!!! Kathy u stole my heart! Chucke keep up the good work!!!!!! Pat Harper hornet #44 from Granite City Ill..:) :p

A BIG THANK YOU TO CHARLIE AND CREW.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE IS HOLDING A GRUDGE BECAUSE OF THEIR OWN ******* ACTIONS!
It has already been said that Charlie is about as fair as they come.If you don't like him,don't show up.We won't miss you!

Kathy and Leigh Ann are right..It is alot of work that nobody has any idea how much time just 1 person puts in at a track, no matter what department /s you are in charge of.. It is Thankless job. And hey Im not saying that I have not been mad or felt like we got the big old screw but tell me a track that you have went to that you have never thought that about..
Well thats all I have to say, except cant wait till the Banquet.......

a few years ago brownstown speedway was a trash dump and look wut CHARLIE did he made it another track where we can come watch our favorite sport just remember the bad stuff you say about CHARLIE but look who gets the job done? CHARLIE!!!!!!!! nuff said

New Promoter?

Some people just don't know how to say thank you and be on their way! How many promoters do you see in this area bust their @ss themselves to get the track race ready? Geez, how many times has the races been called because of rain at Brownstown compared to other tracks? I've seen Charlie drive around on his four wheeler and stop by and talk to each pit crew no matter who you are or what class you run.

I guess I'll just say thanks Charlie and be on my way!

Charlies one of the best promoters around here....like him or hate him .....he works hard and i think hes a fair guy....always been good to me......

CHARLIE
YOUR A GREAT GUY AND A GREAT PROMOTER.I KNOW HOW HARD YOU AND THE REST OF THE OFFICIALS WORK WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT TO GET THE TRACK READY TO RACE, GETTING TOW TRUCKS THERE, PEOPLE TO CONTROL THE PITS, RUN THE PIT BOXES, OFFICIALS, PEOPLE TO RUN THE GATES,SCORES AND,SCALES.WHAT I'M GETTING AT IS THAT IF YOU DON'T COME BACK TO BE THE PROMOTOER OF HIGHLAND AND BROWNSTONW I WON'T BE BACK NEXT YEAR EITHER TO WATCH AND SUPPORT.GREAT JOB CHARLIE AND CREW.ALSO A SPECIAL THANXS TO LEIGH ANN FOR KEEPING US UP TO DATE ON HERE AND KEEPING BOTH WEBISTES FOR THE TRACKS UP TO DATE.

My hopes are that the first post is just a rumor, because everyone we have met at Fayette County this year has been great to my family and myself. There is another race track 30 minutes from our house that runs on Friday nights but we are more than willing to travel the hour and thirty minutes to run with Charlie and his staff. Thanks for a great season and hope everything stays the same for next year.

Tony Schwengel and family

#1 Ford Man

I have been able to attend Fayette County Speedway more this year than any other, but this scenerio isn't hard to figure out. Let's,,4 or 5 bombers with Ford motors and all are still running there. 2or 3 mods with Ford motors and still run there every once in awhile. But when you look at street stocks, the only Ford now runs at Flora. Do you think someone that has something to do with Miller's Ford has put this post on here. If they would just learn to keep their mouths shut and quit whining when something doesn't go their way, they still could race close to home instead of an hour or so from home. Just my opinion, not worth a plug nickel at times, though.

Jumptrack!
I think your theory might be correct.lol It seems to me that a little math does the trick.
#1 Fordman- We Don't Miss You !

THANK YOU CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!
After the way we have been treated at some of the other tracks in the area, I for one, am very appreciative of the work that Charlie does to get these tracks into shape. We used to race at a track that didn't appreciate certain classes because we weren't the "big money guys". Charlie has from the very first time we spoke to him has made us feel welcome and has always given us a fair and equal attitude. He also stands up to the rules that he sets for each class. That alone has made us stick here instead of our old "home" track. I am sure that there is a lot of work that goes into running and promoting a track. And you will never make everyone happy either. So good luck to the people who work for Charlie and to Charlie himself.:p

NEW CONSERVATION OFFICER?????

NOT THE PLACE FOR THIS --- EDIT BY JDEARING

Back