Who's coming? $1,000 to win Mods & Hobby/Sportsmen at Fredericktown this Saturday

Millsey

This Saturday night Fredericktown will pay it's biggest purse ever to the Modifieds and the Hobby Stocks/Sportsmen with their $1,000 to win features. If taken a lot of phone calls, but I was curious to see who was actually coming.

why would you run this against the pepsi nationals when i-55 is dark the 20th and the 27th! doesn't make sense to me!

We aren't worried about the I-55 schedule. We try and work our schedule with St. Francois County and even Benton. Farmington is off this week.

Millsey I think it's great that another track has included a nice show and purse for the sportsman/street stock class. To be teamed up with the modified's, should make for a good show. What I don't get is why if your still including the Allied Sportsman your having this on the same night as one of the biggest shows at Pevely. I would bet a large portion of the Sportsman would participate if this was on a different night.

I'm no promotor, and what you have done with the Rams has been fun to watch, so what do I know? I know your first priority should be with the guys who show up each and every week at your track, period! I just know it would be fun to see guys like Stuppy, Bauman, Lowry, Belken, Horton, etc, go up against Fredricktowns best for the $1000.00.

Millsey
I was wondering if you have to race there on Friday night to be able to race for the 1,000 to win on Saturday in the Mod division. Please write back.

We scheduled this two-day race to coincide with SFCR having a weekend off. Our show on Friday is simply our regular season ending show (for points only) in all classes.. Our Saturday show was the one that was actually added.

I wanted to thank you for the compliments. We're trying everything we can to make our little track as appealling and productive as possible. One thing we may have to look at is the possibility of that four-letter word (RAIN). Mother Nature may try and throw us a curveball this weekend. So right now what we would do is this:

If FRIDAY NIGHT's show is cancelled, it would not be made up.

If SATURDAY NIGHT's show is cancelled it would be made-up the FOLLOWING FRIDAY (Sept. 19). In some ways that would actually be more beneficial to some of the Allied Sportsmen racers and some of the UMP Mod guys (who could add 50 pounds and change their tires).

For race day information the phone number is (573) 78RACE

Also, hey Pappa of 3 p's, the whole idea of having the Hobby Stock/Sportsmen class was just what you described. Giving the best of both worlds a chance to compete against each other.. Plus I understand some of the guys from Montgomery County are coming down too! Those were the three tracks we originally designed the class for to get it kicked off.. If you've not been there to check out the racing in that class it has been FANTASTIC... I just realized something also, we are paying $1,000 to win for the Sportsmen on Saturday and I-55 is paying $400..

MIllsey
I was wondering if it is still 1,000 to win on Saturday September 13th. This might just be a rumor, but I heard that it isn't 1,000 to win anymore and that the money is just being distributed throughout the field. Please write back!!

Still $1,000 to win

No, it's still $1,000 to win for the Mods and the Sportsmen/Hobby Stocks.

We are talking strongly about taking the $1,000 and running it through the field from this point on though. That way it would be something like $600, $400, $300, $200, $100 and on down. We are looking at having a big show the weekend of either Oct. 11-12 or Oct. 18-19. They are going to discuss the particulars with everybody during the driver's meeting on Friday and Saturday.

Once again, in case of rain (573) 78DRIVE...

If FRIDAY is rained out there is NO MAKE-UP DATE... If SATURDAY is rained out it will be made-up NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT, Sept. 19th.

If you are an Allied Sportsmen you race by those rules, tires and all. If you are from SFCR, you race by the Hobby Stock rules, tires and all. If you are from Montgomery County, you race by their rules, tires and all.

Modifieds are by IMCA style rules. UMP car can race, but they must add the 50 pounds for the heads and change tires.

Back