Why wont CARS let Goodyears in?

Why doesnt C.A.R.S. let Goodyears in. The Fastrak lets the hoosiers in. So why cant they work together. Just asking questions b/c we plan on running both, and just wondering why we have to buy two sets of tires.

Zach Daum

You only need to buy one set of tires, the Hoosier WRS-2's. With the Hoosier WRS-2 you can race anywhere you want, right?

The reason Fastrak allows the Hoosier to run along with the Goodyear is because they are not a "threat" to a Goodyear, maybe C.A.R.S. is scared of the "WHIPPING" that the "GOODYEAR" will put on the "HOOSIER".:D :D

Did u ever think that maybe Hoosier is sponsoring the series??? My opinoin the tires are equal. I highly doubt that the Goodyears are puttin a whoopin on Hoosiers, to me that sounds like a idiots comment. Its also a lot easier to get Hoosiers around here.

The way I see it is, Fastrak had to allow hoosiers to run just to get a car count. CARS laid out their rules in Black and white (one tire, one compound) here it is run them or don't run at all.

As a racer I prefer the one tire, one compound rule it is a whole lot better than Fastrak's 4 or 5 compounds because how many tires you have to buy now. (you do the math).

I really dont think all the begging and pleading is going to change CARS mind about allowing goodyears. And I for one am glad of it, keep us on the Hoosier's and leave the goodyear's at home.

justrunem14 said:
Did u ever think that maybe Hoosier is sponsoring the series??? My opinoin the tires are equal. I highly doubt that the Goodyears are puttin a whoopin on Hoosiers, to me that sounds like a idiots comment. Its also a lot easier to get Hoosiers around here.

You hit the nail on the head with "a idiot's comment"

the fact is C.A.R.S. is the series that will have trouble getting cars in their "one tire deal" Fastrak is sponsored by goodyear but they decided to let hoosiers in to give the racers more opportunities to race and C.A.R.S. has decided to limit your opportunities which is BS. And i stand by my comment of "PUTTING A WHOOPING" on them.:D

If ur so stuck on Fastrack worry about them and not about CARS and Hoosier tires. Id put $$ on that cars will have better car counts.

UUUhhhhh.. tell that to Mr. Kinnaird.....Montgomery County isnt allowing Hoosiers.

If he did....we'd race there. Both tires 1 compound each should be allowed, but its not my track, so I can only speak by not buying Goodyears. Im sure they are great tires, but I have more places to race with Hoosiers.

I dont see any one tire brand spanking another especially in our class. (crates) I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I wish we could allow other tires but Hoosier is our tire sponsor. They will be paying money towards the driver point fund. You have to give something to get something. We chose to get point fund monies in exchange for our committment to use and enforce a Hoosier tire rule. Hope this explanation helps. AK

CARS President

once again i will say that our series(Fastrak) is sponsored by GOODYEAR and they are putting money in the points fund also and they do not have a problem going head to head with HOOSIER. Competition between brands adds another twist to the game.

warchild said:
once again i will say that our series(Fastrak) is sponsored by GOODYEAR and they are putting money in the points fund also and they do not have a problem going head to head with HOOSIER. Competition between brands adds another twist to the game.

I don't understand why you are so concerned about what tires C.A.R.S. does or doesn't allow? Are you planning on racing in any C.A.R.S. races? You are a Fastrak "official" aren't you? Doesn't YOUR series (The Fastrak mods) only allow GoodYear's?

I just don't get it???

yes i am a Fastrak modified official, and no i will not run your series in a late model, but if you had a modified series(you almost did right?), and allowed a GOODYEAR we would consider allowing a Hoosier in our series. but you don't have a modified class so we don't have to worry about it. JUST THE FACTS

warchild said:
yes i am a Fastrak modified official, and no i will not run your series in a late model, but if you had a modified series(you almost did right?), and allowed a GOODYEAR we would consider allowing a Hoosier in our series. but you don't have a modified class so we don't have to worry about it. JUST THE FACTS

So basically you are saying you don't have a point and are just making a fool out of yourself. I see NOW!!!!!!!!

The way I see it.The tire rule makes it cheaper for the weekend warriors.If you buy the hoosiers you can run C.A.R.S,fastrak,and the stormpay.com crate series.That is 3 different sactions.This way you save money in the long run.Besides most racers race for fun not points.With the hoosiers you can run anywhere you want,and havefun not worry about a tire rule.

and yes Aaron P you are correct about racing three series with a Hoosier but it would have been only 2 if Fastrak had decided not to allow Hoosiers to compete, this decision was made in the best interest of the racer, not for the interest of the one.:)

How many cars are signed up for fastrack??? How many cars are signed up with CARS???? Im bettin there is a lot more with CARS in the area. I doubt they will have any problems with getting enough cars. Warchild, to me all u are doing is making the Fastrack Mods look bad by doing nothing but downgrading CARS. I had a buddy that was thinking about runnin them(crate mods) but after hearing how bad u talk about other peoples series of Racing that u dont like i will strongly discorage him to do so. A man in your position should know to have more respect and not bash what other people do or choose to do so. For some it is 10 times easier to get Hoosiers than Goodyears. What CARS chooses to do its there decision, so just let it be. Also i do believe that Montgomery County is only running Goodyears, but u dont see the CARS guys on here bashing because of that do you??? Stick with ur series and leave everyone else alone, personally im sick of seeing u bash CARS.
NIC LAMPE

Back