Wilson Garners Top 10 at I-96 Speedway and Podium at Plymouth Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - PLYMOUTH, Ind. (Aug. 19, 2019) - Greg Wilson captured his third podium finish of the season with the Ollie's Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions last Saturday to cap a successful weekend.

The Hercules Tires, DNC Hydraulics, Ohio Logistics and Gear Off Road sponsored team kicked off the action on Friday at I-96 Speedway in Lake Odessa, Mich., where Wilson qualified 14th quickest overall and fifth in his group to narrowly miss the heat race inversion. A fifth-place run in a heat race locked Wilson into the 13th starting position for the main event on the tricky track.

75d469d6-6905-4d46-869f-641ef90c700d.jpg
"It was hard to pass in the heats because the track was pretty wet," he said. "It was narrow so we finished where we started. I watched the B Main and thought we knew what to do. We went to roll out for the feature and they had tilled the bottom and top and watered it. The track stayed better so we cruised the first half of the race and let the car and track come to us because we were so tight. I felt at the end we were a top-five car. We were right there on the next two drivers and coming at the end of the race. I was pretty happy."

Wilson hustled to a seventh-place finish, which marked his 19th top 10 of the season and 13th during All Star action.

The momentum continued on Saturday at Plymouth Speedway, where Wilson timed in eighth quickest overall and third in his group. He finished where he started - second - in a heat race to make the dash. Unfortunately, Wilson drew the highest number - eight - to start last in the dash. An eighth-place outing lined him up on the outside of the fourth row for the A Main.

"It seems like we've always been pretty good at Plymouth," he said. "It fits a lot of what I love. You're in traffic a lot. There are multiple grooves.

"In the feature we cruised the bottom early to get by everyone who was pounding the top. It took me awhile. We got to third and I felt like we had a car that could have contended. We just couldn't get to them. We needed a break to have a caution and bunch us up just to see."

Wilson maneuvered to a third-place result. It was his seventh top five of the season and fourth with the All Stars. He ranks sixth in the championship standings - only 34 points out of the top five.

Wilson and the All Stars have a busy weekend on tap with races on Thursday at Grandview Speedway in Bechtelsville, Pa.; on Friday at Williams Grove Speedway in Mechanicsburg, Pa.; on Saturday at Lincoln Speedway in Abbottstown, Pa.; and on Sunday at BAPS Motor Speedway in York Haven, Pa.

"Grandview is a smaller joint so I think that could fit into everything we've got going on," he said. "We haven't ever been very good at Williams Grove, but if I can make the feature and get some laps that would be a success. The last two World of Outlaws shows we've been to at Lincoln we've been really good. I've never been to BAPS Motor Speedway, but from what I've watched it looks like a cool track. So we have an exciting weekend on tap."

QUICK RESULTS -

Aug. 16 - I-96 Speedway in Lake Odessa, Mich. - Qualifying: 14; Heat race: 5 (5); Feature: 7 (13).

Aug. 17 - Plymouth Speedway in Plymouth, Ind. - Qualifying: 8; Heat race: 2 (2); Dash: 8 (8); Feature: 3 (8).

SEASON STATS -

45 races, 1 win, 7 top fives, 20 top 10s, 25 top 15s, 27 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Thursday at Grandview Speedway in Bechtelsville, Pa.; Friday at Williams Grove Speedway in Mechanicsburg, Pa.; Saturday at Lincoln Speedway in Abbottstown, Pa.; and Sunday at BAPS Motor Speedway in York Haven, Pa., with the Ollie's Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions

UPCOMING HERCULES TIRES DEALERSHIP VISITS -

TBD

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/GregWilsonw20

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GregWilsonRacing

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Hercules Tires

Hercules Tires is widely recognized as the industry's premier value brand with a comprehensive selection of passenger, UHP, light truck, medium truck, specialty trailer and specialty commercial tires. Since 1952, independent tire dealers and distributors have trusted Hercules to deliver outstanding quality, exceptional support and unsurpassed value. For more information, visit http://www.HerculesTire.com.

"Hercules Tires has been an essential part of Greg Wilson Racing for several years," Wilson said. "It has been a tremendous partnership as we've helped grow each other's brands and fan base, which is the ultimate goal of a marketing partner. We're grateful for the support of everyone at Hercules Tires and are looking forward to mutual success for years to come."

Wilson would also like to thank Ohio Logistics, DNC Hydraulics, Gear Off Road, Kinsler Fuel Injection, All Pro Cylinder, Callies Performance Products, MagTech Ignition, Saldana Racing Products, Simpson Race Products, Redlined Welding & Construction, Banshee Graphics, Nagy Equipment Sales, Winters Performance, Real Capz, Mark Wolford Garage, Burns Petroleum, Wings Unlimited, Inter-State Truck Repair, Benson Marketing and Inside Line Promotions for their continued support.

Back