Winners at Highland SN race

Terry English....late model.....47 cars
Bobby Martintoni..........modified.....18 or 19 cars
Ryan Eilers...................sportsman........20 something cars

my money is goin elsewhere after tonight. i only seen the features, but it was all follow the leader. other than the bullsh-t calls the races are much better on a regular sat night. keep runnin the track in the whole. u will soon see no cars there

Track was in great shape. The first part of the feature was fantastic, with a good side by side race for the lead. Jimmy Dearing's pictures are proof of that. However, a caution flew, it took a little bit of time to clear, and the tires sealed over on the cars. After that, it was a train around the bottom.

The modified race was good, and so was the sportsman race.

I think if the late models would've stayed green the whole way, it would've been a much different story. Will Vaught was hauling arse, until the caution came out.

Well there may be some pictures of cars by each other but that race was nothing to be excited about. Other than Shirley the top four ran nose to tail the whole race.

Just looking through the Highland Results and saw Kevin Claycomb's name. I thought he retired from racing about 3-4 years ago? Can't remember the exact year but I know he flipped real hard at the World that year.

I agree with moonflow, the race was great for the first 12 laps with English and Korte side by side. Then the caution and nose to tail the rest of the way.

I cant get over the amount of cars that wrecked in turns 1 and 2. I remember years ago when their were flagmen working all the turns, what happened to that? The camera man was waving his arms warning the driver when an accident happened. Where are the workers? Are they to busy eating BBQ!

I cant get over the amount of cars that wrecked in turns 1 and 2. I remember years ago when their were flagmen working all the turns, what happened to that? The camera man was waving his arms warning the driver when an accident happened. Where are the workers? Are they to busy eating BBQ!
man that was some good bbque. lol

sounded like a good night at highland speedway. its always been follow the leader. the fans just dont like to admit it. one pass and oh its great racin. hope tonight aint the same. hope belldora has extra wood on hand. how many tracks are left with wooden walls. what happended to don oneil last night. did he load up after he found out his starting spot or what. moonflow the beer must of been flowin. i would love to see the guys faces when they roll up to the track tonight. what the fu..

Don O'Neal blew an engine in hotlaps. Therefore he didn't know his starting spot because he hadn't qualified yet.

sounded like a good night at highland speedway. its always been follow the leader. the fans just dont like to admit it. one pass and oh its great racin. hope tonight aint the same. hope belldora has extra wood on hand. how many tracks are left with wooden walls. what happended to don oneil last night. did he load up after he found out his starting spot or what. moonflow the beer must of been flowin. i would love to see the guys faces when they roll up to the track tonight. what the fu..
oneil lost his motor during Time trails

I don't drink, btw. I don't smoke, and I don't do drugs. So please don't insuate that I do, because I do find it offensive. The racetrack was racy last night all night long, until the caution flew on late model feature. If you go to enough racetracks, talk to enough big drivers, talk to the travelling fans that hit all the big shows, you'll eventually catch on. The tires sealed over during the caution. After all, didn't Korte and English run side by side for 12 straight laps, with Vaught putting his nose in there as well? Didn't you see that? Were you there Saturday when they had 3 cars (late models) going for the lead coming to the finish? Ok, maybe there was minimal "official" passing. But how many times did English and Korte pass each other during those first 12 laps? I'd bet on 24 times.

I'll be the first to agree that Highland does have a tendency to go single groove. However, I feel the only thing that ruined the night was that one caution, when the tires cooled.

And really I don't think that the race was ruined by any means. All it would have taken for someone else to win that race was for English to push. Korte was rooting every lap. It was a good race!

Couple More Laps And Korte Would Have Had Him. I'm A Highland Fan And Will Always Be... Please As I Asked On Another Post.. Show Me The Perfect Track...

Brenda

Slideways...

Yes, Keven Claycomb did retire, I'm thinking in 06. There was an interview in National Dirt Digest, sounded to me like he was burnt out. Just goes to show when racing is in your blood it's hard to get it out! And just because you retire, it doesn't mean you have to stay retired!

Back