05 At SFCR

casey69fan1

i was j/w.....are the MARA midgets or Dwarf cars going to be running out there this year???......the schedule doesnt have them on there......or is it going to be too big of a problem running so many classes of cars in one night?!?

It's going to be extremely rough for any additional classes to race at SFCR this year because of the five classes. In fact, the first All-Star event on the calendar is not a definate yet. That's why I've not listed them on the calendar so far because it has not definately been decided they will be there on the first date.

So far the dwarf cars will not be at farmington this year, it is possible for us to be added but so far most likely not with all the other classes.

Unless the All Stars can book a friday or sunday date in the area you won't see them at Farmington on the first date. Way to far to make them tow for one show.

Last year Lake Ozark ran them on friday but this year the Lake is putting there money towards a World of Outlaws show.

i knew about the All-Stars thing but im confused about ALL the rest of this because ive been told different things from different ppl. i personally like to watch the midgets and dwarfs! the all-stars are pretty cool to come down here to race against the ppl down here. im also confused about the whole pure street thing too.....how many are there???? i didnt think THAT many ppl drove them!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

You'll have more Pure Streets this year than you'll have Sportsmen. I honestly expect between 22 to 26 of them at SFCR for opening night. I've been contacted by several who had been going to Poplar Bluff but would rather race at Farmington, plus during our final weeks of racing the Pure Streets at Fredericktown we were averaging over 20 cars per night in that class. It's a great class with a great bunch of guys. Also I know of several who built them after SFCR announced they were going to run them full-time.

ok there would be more pure streets than Sportsmen.....what is the difference between those two????is there a big difference.....cuz there are alot of midget and dwarf car guys that would race at Farmington!!! they both put on a great show.....

The Pure Streets are more "stock" than a Sportsman without getting into great detail.

You can forget about dwarfs, the mini stocks, and basically all other classes at SFCR this year other that a couple of special date. With 5 regular classes it's not going to happen.

Yeah, but which one of the three(pure street,dwarfs,midgets) are more entertaining for the fans to watch?;) What's the word..., EXCITEMENT!

They can't afford the midgets. Dwarfs and mini stocks are too small for the track (on a regular basis). Pure Streets are a good match.

Pure Street!!

Pure street is the way to go guys! Just like any other class you can get alot of money tied up in them. We run on a tight budget and always place good,but don't have a arm and a leg in it. I myself think the other classes are out doing there selves. Money and more money for parts,why not work on race set-up and handling. Alot of times all that motor you can't use,just smoke the tires. Like to get back to old type where you can enjoy your self and not worry about getting it broke and in all to pieces.:D

I would have been (actually was) against Pure Streets at SFCR, UNTIL I found out Fredericktown was not going to open this season. Whole different story now. While they aren't my favorite class, they do need a place to race. The sport needs new drivers - sprint and mod drivers gotta start somewhere. So, I'm glad they'll have a place to race that keeps them in the area, just in case F-Town does open in 06. I do hope the shows are goosed along a little, however. Unfortuantely, Pure Streets can often mean a lot of restarts. I, for one, will really appreciate anything that minimizes the time wasted between them.

i like bigrightrear's idea....what is the most entertaining to the fans.....and i figured the midgets would be out cuz they cost to much......but im not askin for the dwarfs to be ran on a regular basis.....like twice the WHOLE year...just like it was last year!!!....and like axeman says the Pure Streets cause ALOT of restarts....which means it will last ALOT later....which we get outta there pretty late as it is

The pure street class is the best for the track in the long run simply because they will draw more cars on a weekly basis and also keep fans coming back each week which in turn generates more money. Sounds like a pretty smart move for them to be racing this year at SFCR.

Car counts would be "iffy", because all three of the afforementioned classes could provide enough cars to run 20+ in the features and fill at least three heats. The difference is, pure streets are probably the overall cheapest(or most affordable) and while the ministocks and dwarfcars can be a good stepping stone to sportsman, modifieds, LM's, and sprintcars: alot of the guys running those classes aren't going anywhere. However, puestreets will give a good entry level class for those looking to move up and give good support to those who no longer(or never could) afford to run the higher dollar classes. They are also bigger cars and take up more space on the track, which makes the show look better because when they get strung out they still fill more of the track and you don't have a big gap. With the dwarfcars/multi's, mini and such-all the cars can be running very fast laps but at the same time all be running within a few hundred feet of one another. When that happens, or when tthey all string out 20 feet apart, it gets boring for the fans; no matter how much fun the drivers are having....

Pure Street's are not ALL new Drivers!!!

:mad: Axeman!!!! Back up your saying that "Pure Streets" more or less slow every thing down. I've sat and watched all classes and the Mods. and the Sportsman are the worst about having restarts. Lot of the Pure Street Drivers have been around for awhile and like to run that class due to the expense of the others! Sports are just like a limited late model and Mod is a Mod. I've seen alot of pure street races that have run flag to flag with-out a caution. Pure-Streets your going to find out that theres going to be alot of them at the race track. Just felt like you are putting down the Pure Street Class! These guys have just as much fun in them as the mods. or street stock. Wanted to let my feelings be known and think alot of drivers would agree with me!!:D

Well, Chevy-Woman, if you want statistics I can't oblige. But, IME, particularly in the feature when you have up to 24 Pure Streets on the track, many of whom are driven by guys (or gals) with limited experience, they just seem to get in each others way more often than other classes. Part of the problem is Pure Streets don't handle quite as well as other classes or, perhaps, they are just not set-up as well. Part of that has to do with rules/restrictions. And, with less experience and less investment, it also seems to me they are more prone to get into each other when it could be avoided. Finally, restarts seem to take longer to orchestrate. No, I can't prove it, but I saw my first race nearly 50 years ago and I've seen quite a few since. Just one man's opinion. If I sound like I'm putting down Pure Streets, I mean no disrespect. But, I will freely state they really are not my favorite class. Like I said though, sprint and mod drivers have to get experience some where. Pure Street is a good, more-or-less affordable place to do it. Heck, I admire (and yes, envy) anyone who gets out there, regardless of what class they are running.

Back