2. 62
3. 25
4. Steve Maisel

Some Prelim. Results:

Late Models (14/15 cars):
1.) John Seets
2.) Voight
3.) Frankel
4.) Dixon (was leading, but got into a lap car)

Mods (26 cars):
1.) Bittle (started 2nd)
2.) Griffaw
3.) Rafield

Sportsman (not many cars):
1.) Belken
2.) #62
3.) Boyd
4.) Maisel

Seets wins the LM feature after a questionable call on Dixon. Dixon and Collins had a tremendous race going until they got into lapped traffic. Dixon got into the back of a McQueery, who appeard to slide high on the track. Even if nobody agrees about Dixon going to the rear, you have to admit it took way too long for a decision to be made. The officials changed the ruling with the positioning of the lapped cars at least four times.

Bittle won the A-mod feature. I left after those two races due to the long drive home.

This was my first time to the track. Do they always take a 40 minute intermission? Is the track always as rough as it appeared to be Sunday? It seems that this could be a very fast track with nice facilities.

KT

I just have one thing to say, Late Model feature was insane and I Cannot stand Ron McQuerry. That guy screwed up everything. Was a shame because Dixon and Collins were battling so hard for the lead, then McQuerry got in the way. Ok, maybe I said more than one thing. :D Congrats to John Seets!

The track isn't usually quite that rough and the officiating was absolutely terrible for some reason tonight. I will also agree that The intermission was abnormally long too. All in all though it was a damn good nite of racing. The track was fast too.

I really enjoyed the racing, when there was racing. Just not sure if I would want to make the almost two hour drive very often. I would go for a big race though.

KT

I don't remember seeing Billy Smith...

John Bohn made the feature but was in the back half of the field..

the officials were terrible all night long, not consistiant with the calls on the track.... yellows way to slow on calling them( waited til the lead car got about way to close to the car that spun out). Sorry about the negativity but wont go back there till there is changes...... Congrats to Seets and Bittle on there wins....

Regardless of what happened... Congratulations to John Seets on his first feature win in a late model since he has moved back up. Good luck at Brownstown tonight!!!

mcs

not to be negative. racing was good. officiating was bad. the flags were so dirty that 41 couldnt tell the white flag from the checkered.we were sitting just behind the flag stand and we couldnt tell them apart when waved.intermission way to long.

The officials were dealing with several issues in the Dixon, McQueery, Collins incident. First of all, whether to send Dixon to the back, then Collins worked on his car in the infield during the yellow, and the revised UMP ruling to put the lapped car to the back of the pack rather than where they were positioned or at the front of the pack. I personally agreed with the Dixon call, because he was tied up behind McQueery, who was sliding up the track coming outta turn 4, and knowing Collins was passing him there, he ran right up McQueery's u-know-what, and caused the caution. Had he accepted he didn't get through the lap traffic on that turn, and passed him on the front straight away, the close, competitive racing would have continued. Collins didn't get placed at the back because of the caution, but because he got out and worked on his car. I don't know exactly what position Dixon had to restart in, but I do know McQueery and the other two lapped cars were lined up behind him, and Collins was on the tail. Collins ended in 5th. UPSMAN,,,fastest cars don't earn exceptions to rules,,,the lapped traffic is what shows us the driver. Did you see Dixon take the checkered flag after his heat race? Do you see him come back on the track for Jr Fan Club photos? Maybe once in a while, but I know many have been taken back at his trailer and the track officials have to Gator the Jr member and a parent to the pit for that picture. That's alot of why I (Mrs. Wildman) am not a Dixon fan.

did you think that maybe Dixon had a problem with his car after the heat race.I saw him come back to the front straightaway to get the checker flag, but then he went right through back to the pits. I also saw he got the checkedflag after the dash or was I wrong.And for the Jr fan club,You can blame that on the track and not Dixon,you see , My son won the Jr Fan club last night and I was told that we have to wait til the racing was over to go back in the pits to get a picture with him. I do agree that Dixon should have went back to the back for the spinout of Mcquerry..... It was bad that Collins did not get to keep him spot but that is racing I guess....

dixon did not spin him on porpose he could not make up his mind 8 started to go high then went low and when dixon realized he was going low you saw the nose of his car drop strait down witch means he was on the brakes does it really matter if he drives with the checkerd flag however i do think i remember seeing him holding it

Back