anyone know what chris boyed is running under the hood in the 3 pure street?

ok... For everyone that reads my post and everyone that has posted.....

i am not trying to bash anyone...........

i was simply asking.. Ppl ask me so i ask ppl from farmington..

my personal oppinion is yes chris can drive he does a great job...
i dont know anyone from farmington. I have not talked to anyone about chris or anyother driver for that matter...
i posted on here to get ppls info.. Thank you everyone that replyed. I dont want anyone mad about what i asked just simply asked... Randy, i would like your info on what i should do about my car running hot.... As for the rest who replyed or viewed.... Thanks for the comments and thank you for the oppinions.............

Did you ever think just maybe the car is setup right. I am not in any way associated with Chris or his car but I will say instead of getting on here and trying to start something , put your money where your mouth is and protest him.

The car Chris won in this Saturday isn't the same car he won the first race of the season with at SFCR, that car is now the #10.

The motor in the 3 car went thru three complete tear downs last year at the track, so maybe, just maybe all those years of racing is what makes the car fast not what is under the hood.

Here is a suggestion instead of wasting your money on a tear down, which is what you would be doing. Stop by the pits and ask for Randy, I am sure he will sell you a motor just like he builds for the 3 cars.

Getting on here, mouthing will get you NO WHERE. Coming to the pits and making friends with Chris will get you to the front. He is an open book and has helped more racers than you have passed.

I have to agree with everyone on this subject. Chris is as about as open book as you can get. Yes we are friends with Chris and if that makes us a lil biased then so be it but bashing one who has done more for people in the racing community than most, isn't gonna change the fact that he is a great racer along with alot of experience and talent! He has alot of know how on set ups and racing in general. If you would give him a chance and talk to him you will see that Chris is great guy along with his family. You can't always think that just because a guy is winning means he has an illegal motor. You can give a driver the best motor in the world but if he has no talent to go along with it then he will still lose. JMO and have a nice day!

The Tech man does his job! If you have a problem with a car you should go to an offical and protest the car. If the tech man looked at every single car that people complain about he would be there until tuesday checking them. He is one man and can't please everybody so just protest the car instead of calling everybody out because you can't catch him....JMO

This is Randy. That motor has never turn 8grand around 6500 is all it turns. It dont have too turn alot of rpms with chris driving. If you know anything about racing its not just the motor that makes a car fast. Its the hole package. That motor has been took out 3 times and passed all 3 times. The hole car passes . If you want to complain about something what about the stock appearing bodies. I seen a sportsman cars out there sat. racing with the pure steets. Flat sides are not stock appearing and that is a rule!!!!!!!!!! If you would like a motor like Chris has ill build you one and you wont have too morgage you house or sell your cows to pay for it

All i've got to say about this crap is (you plug a motor in to electric outlets)!!!!!!!!! I build engines too and they run on fuel!!! Chris has been racin' for years, and can drive!!!! I've only been doin' dirt four years and we are gettin' better each year and if chris wasn't fast, we wouldn't have as many cars up at the track that are fast and tryin' to beat chris!!!!!!!!! Go ask chris if you can rent his car and see if you can win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't that be fun for you? Can you afford to pay for a tear-down? JUST A THOUGHT, TOMMIE JOE OF, FAT BOYS RACIN'

your correct.... The bodys on some of those cars are not legal.. randy thanks for the info and oppinion... I was not trying to bash on chris just wanna know about him. i dont know him nor anyone else running at farmington. just wanting info. cause i followed the rules and ill be darned if i cant run that good

*Welcome to SFCR, hope you make friends here; however this is a sport of all ages, as a driver kids look up to you set a good example. I removed the cuss words no matter how big or small none of them should be used on this site and we would appreciate you not using them.

Thanks

Say cowboy you sure looked hot in those shorts saturday!! Hahaha when is your 2010 camero goin' to be on the track?

Mr Joey--------Lad you have a lot to learn.The #3 car is legal in every way---Maybe you need to ask before you insert foot!!!!!What cars have the illegal bodies?? Heck I was in the pits and was looking-----Maybe one is borderline at best------as for the others---maybe you need to learn a little before you make statements.------Jim Randolph---Sponsor of the #3 car---#3b car #71----#26---and owner of the #17r red and white camaro

never mind.. guys just wanted info
Mr. JUNK MAN,
I asked what he was running... not ONE person answered what i asked. EVERYONE JUST WANTS TO START mouthing..
and if you were watching u would have seen the sportsmans running NOT PURE STREET (stock)

Joey,

Gonna have to ask Chris and Randy what is in the motor, anyone else will just be speculating except the tech man who saw the inside of it 3 times last year.

well here you go--he is running a cast iron chevy block ---it was a 350----it was bored .030 over which makes it a .355 cu in. it (the block)has been decked,it has, mahle pistons,scat rods,stock crank,comp cam(that pulls 17'' of vacum)A champ pan, vortec heads,Jim evans racing carb,stock fuel pump,nodular flywheel-11''clutch,3 spd saginaw transmission,& aluminum radiator (with water in it)--Hope this answers your question.Chris Boyd has many years of expierence,and one of the very best car builders in the area.If this answer does not help you--why dont you try asking chris for some help and advise----he would probably do it.---------No I didnt see any Sportsman cars there-they did have 25 of the sportsman cars that raced at FREDERICKTOWN, Fri nite.And I will say they put on one heck of a show.Maybe I missed some at Farmington ,Heck they blind sided me I guess-(my left side)-----I watch on my right side---heck I can see more.

hey joey, why don't you ask him personally. but to be silly like everyone else..i heard it was a 6 cylinder. ha, ha, maybe you should have asked how do you get a hold of him. chris

Back