Belle Clair in 2011....Lets give ideas on what to change

smaldirt28

Ok somethings have been talked about already in a previous thread about what to do to improve the racing for the racers and the fans in 2011. Lets have this topic as a serious discussion. Lets hear from fans and racers on what they would like to see. No bashing others if ya dont like a idea. Everyone has there opinions so let them be heard. Lets hear opinions from the grandstands to the race cars and rules of the track. This may all help a certain person or AARA make a more successful 2011.

Grandstands: Lower the admission to $10.00. Yeah we know its $12.00 now and yeah it is only $2.00 but $2.00 to some people is a difference between going and not going. If this does bring in more people by lowering the admission it would probably all even out in the end between having more people and more concessions being sold.

Late Models and Modifieds. Here there isnt really too much you can do. These classes are based off UMP national rules. The Late Model car count this year was pretty decent. The mods on the other hand were down. But they are down everywhere not just belleville.

Sportsmans: Open the rules up. Yeah it may be more money for some of the allied guys at first but they got all winter to get them ready. Have sportsmans national rules. The highland guys are limited to just highland on a weekly basis. Atleast the AARA cars have pevely if they choose to run there. I am sure if ya opened up the rules then you would see some highland cars showing up weekly or every so often atleast. Yeah there may be alittle more tech involved but i think most would rather have a little more tech if it ment more cars. When i said open the rules too i didnt mean for it to sound unlimited. But make them close to highland rules. Do away with the cubic inch max of 360 and make it 400 max or so with you weight adjustments. And dont have a 11:1 compression rule. The nationals rules seem to be pretty fair so why not give it a try on weekly basis?

Pure Stocks: They usually had a decent car count but not always. This is a class though that i dont know how much i would change. They seem to be pretty good right now and dont want to see them get out of hand.

Pro 4's: Open to any ideas bc i have no clue......LOL

Some may not agree with this but set 2 payouts. 14 cars or less will be this payout and 14 or more will be this payout. It helps the promotor so they dont get shafted and lose alot of money. Some racers may not agree with me. But the way i look at it is the less they lose on a night the less chance they have of shutting down like we have this year.
And i would rather race for a little less than not race at all. I dont mean a drastic pay cut either but make it a little less on nights the car count is lower than normal.

General rules or race program: Double file restarts. Belleville is a small track and once we go single file in the feature last place is 1/2 to 3/4 of a lap down when we go green.

Bring back the dashes and get rid of the dice. Seems like alot of fans missed the dashes this year. Did that affect the fan base? Possibly. The got cut short on races. Or just do a dash for LM, Mods, and Sportsmans. And then maybe rotate each week between the pure stocks and the pro 4's unless we are doing good on time that evening and run them all.

Pill Draw at the beginning of the night. Get rid of the bingo ball cages and get match books and a bucket like highland does. Takes out any speculation of being rigged. Many people look for the best pills before spinning and have a technique to try and get a good one. That doesnt mean they will but there is a chance. Atleast the matchbooks you cant see anything so reach in and what ya get is what ya get.

When someone is taken out clear as day park the car that took them out and give the innocent person there spot back. Why send someone to the back for something they had no control over? If it wasnt seen good by the official then send both to the back. You will have unhappy fans and racers either way you do it but atleast you can be fair most of the time in them calls.

Scale the top 3 in the heats and the top 5 in the feature. Cuts down on time waiting for cars to scale which in turn will make up for time to run dashes. You can probably save 20-30 min a night by not having to wait for all the cars to scale. In that time you can almost run all the dashes.

Get rid of PIG IN A POKE concessions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont think i need to explain myself there. Why jack them prices up so much other than being greedy? $2.50 for a large fountain soda? Give me a break! So much room for improvement there. Lower prices will bring more people to the concessions and they will buy more at a lower price. Think about it people it isnt rocket science.

Ok well there are some ideas off the top of my head. Please add to them on your thoughts and opinions on what could change to bring in more cars and fans to help make this track successful once again.

Any idea of moving to an early Sunday evening program instead of Friday?

I thought the same thing too. Yeah i know ya dont like that Linda...:)....But if ya run on Sundays that would be the only track running and you wouldnt have to contend with other places. Start at 3 or 4 in the afternoon and be done by 7-8 in the evening. Plenty of time to get home, cleaned up and off to bed for work or school in the morning. I do agree with you BSHARP. Sorry Linda...:)

while your wanting to open the rules to the highland cars----call whoever cooks there food---BEST TRACK FOOD AROUND in my opinion.

Sunday afternoon racing with better food and a screen to display the nascar race so people who would stay home to watch the race could come to the track and be able to watch it.

i too would look into what highland is doing right. they seem to have 4-5 different organizations taking a cut out of each weeks income and the track never seems to be hurting financially, car count or crowd wise. just dont adopt their pisspoor payout. im sure belleville could make some $ off concessions if they werent overpriced and not that good overall. thats $ im sure they lose each week that they could be making like the other tracks do.

Maybe start the first Sunday in April, take the month of July off as a summer break, award some kind of mid-season championship to the points leaders, and then race until the end of October. Your season would consist of 3 months, 1 month off, and then 3 more months. Allows for plenty of family time at the lake.

What can this track do that no other track is currently doing? I remember back when I was kid the thing I loved most about the races was getting autographs from the drivers. Kids are the future of our sport. I enjoyed those autograph sessions we did a couple of years ago. Jr fan club does so much for the kids now adays, but how can we get more kids to come which hopefully, in turn, would bring more parents to the track? Maybe a play ground for the kids somewhere safe. Maybe some way of allowing the parents to bring their kids in the pits before the races start to show them how things are setup and meet drivers? IDK

I don't think I would worry about NASCRAP! They are not only losing spectators in the stands - they are losing spectators watching on TV.

This will NEVER happen but maybe a firm could come in, tear down the backstretch stands and the front stretch for that matter and make a whole new modern front stretch stands and new bathrooms. I know a few elderly and handicapped people have a hard time getting up them stands and they dont have any place for their backs to rest on except the top row.

Other than concessions, I think they did a great job this year... Car counts have been down everywhere with no fault of the tracks. Drivers, take the time and talk to the kids! Maybe even give them your trophy's or an autographed picture. They are our next generation drivers.

Tommy, Do you go to work in the morning not knowing how much you will get paid? Or do you not get paid as much when some co-workers decide not to work today?

You will never grow a car count by having a payoff based on how many cars may or may not show.

On matching rules to highland, I have seen Belleville do this many times in the last 30 years only to have Highland allow more & more.

On the concession stand, it needs to be run by track personal so total profits are put back into the facility. Not franciseing it out for a percentage, especially when you have no way of knowing if your getting the true amount.

Whatever happened to letting the kids get rides with there favorite driver? I remember when i was a kid there was a kid in almost every car packing the track. They need more kid and driver interaction at all the tracks!!they need a 50/50 drawing just for the kids. maybe give away rides,trophies,and pics the following week.

A lot has changed from the older days of allied.
Most racers pulled the cars to the track on open trailers, you could see the race car, sponsors and etc as it was being hauled to the track. Now a lot of the cars are in plain white trailers. It doesn't get people thinking about the races as the see the white enclosed trailer being pulled to the track.
I am sure I55 made more money on kids nickel night than they do on a regular race night. Maybe tracks could start selling discount tickets if a person was to buy more tan one nights seating. I55 has good concessions at a reasonable price.

Maybe start the first Sunday in April, take the month of July off as a summer break, award some kind of mid-season championship to the points leaders, and then race until the end of October. Your season would consist of 3 months, 1 month off, and then 3 more months. Allows for plenty of family time at the lake.

This won't work as high school football and weather play into the later part of the schedule. Why do you think they cut the schedule this year and go to the end of September?

Whatever happened to letting the kids get rides with there favorite driver? I remember when i was a kid there was a kid in almost every car packing the track. They need more kid and driver interaction at all the tracks!!they need a 50/50 drawing just for the kids. maybe give away rides,trophies,and pics the following week.

Junior fan let's the kids get a ride at intermission. Junior fan club at Belle Clair is one of the best run for the younger kids.

Any idea of moving to an early Sunday evening program instead of Friday?

Don't need a third day for racing in this area. Can't support two days let alone on Sunday. Besides Friday has been Belle Clair's day for year and year. No change needed here. Tradition!!

Back