Burris Summer Shootout Series @ JYI August 28th

rexhavic

The Burris Sumer Shootout Series rolls into Junkyard International Speedway located in Coulterville, Il. on August 28th.

Gates open at 12:00pm
Practice at 4:30pm
Racing at 6:00pm

**Burris Tire Rule: Any Burris Slick. No grooving of any kind**
---NO BURRIS TIRES MEANS NO MONEY---

Jr1: purple 250 lbs
Jr2: turquoise 280 lbs
Jr3: gold 310 lbs

Lite: 325
Medium: 350
Heavy: 375

Cash Payout in all classes

Series Info: www.midwestdirtkarters.com

Series Contact: Steve Rex (847)770-7697
Track Contact: Rodney Jackson (618)758-1111

Why so much for just a pitpass?? SLAM
Entry fee $30+$13 pit=$43/ kart&driver ???
Where does the x-tra pit money go ??? to JYI ??? :confused:

Payout

Pitpass should be the same as a regular night of racing, $9.00 or $10.00. Also $43.00 is not counting your helper in the pits or family members. 70% payout is also low, most tracks pay back at least 80%. Food prices are high enough, you sure are making a killing. Just imagine the karts and crowd you would get, if the prices were affordable. Not complaining, just voicing my oppinion. Maybe someone else was thinking the same, but was afraid to say anything. On a positive note you still have one of the top racing facilities around.Keep up the good work.

Normal pitpass costs $8 with $17 entry = $25 kart&driver
I can understand raising entry to $30 if the payout % is 80 That would make for a nice purse.
My ? is who is grabbing this x-tra $5 out our hands for pitpasses,and where is it going.JYI management would never do this,it must be heading to BSSS.Anyone that can prove me wrong,feel free to correct me.
JYI averages 60 karts/ week,and probably 3 pitpasses/entry
60x$5=$300 X 3= $900 !!!! THAT"S A LOT OF CASH !! for what ??

Yes, it's not going to be cheap to run at JYI!!!

Are there any juniors or heavies from Bedrock that are going to run at JYI this weekend? Just curious!

The Entry and pit pass fee posted above is the norm for the BSSS. Many of the BSSS racers travel 3 to 4 hours every other weekend. coultervile happens to be 5 hours 43 minutes from my door. when people make these long trips on a regular basis throughout the summer they deserve something for there efforts at the end of the year and that is were the extra money goes.

Show me the money

At Greenville and Bedrock, I remember paying a $10 pit fee. $30 to race. At the 2nd Bedrock race, there was a possible $1000 put up as bonus money.To the best of my knowledge, we were rained out, so where did this money go? As for end of the year extras for the effort of all that driving, it didn't happen last year. This year, other than the 2 events at Kankakee, where there were 97 and 100 entries, the average is 38.6 racers per race.
As for tires, RULES- SEC.4.1.2-DIRT TRACK: ANY BURRIS TIRE IN ALL SPRINT CLASSES. To me, this means, if you don't use BURRIS tires you should not be allowed to race. After all, this is a BURRIS series.
Racer Rik

Remember Last Year ??

Let us go back to last year,Kankakee I believe.Or it may have been Jules.
There was a special big money race,$1000 to win medium stock.Guess who took that cash home? The same day,stock heavy paid $45,and he drove 4 hours to get there.Why wasn't that Grand divided between the 4 classes ??BSSS needs to be audited,there's a fox in the henhouse. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It is my understanding that Frank at Bedrock put up the "big money" for the second race. Minimum kart count per class was to apply, but wasn't put on the web that way. That money was out of his pocket not out of Burris' pocket.

We have missed (2) races in the Burris series, the first one at Kankakee and the one last weekend in Indiana. You bet we drive a long way to race in this series and I guess what I am hearing here is that at the end of the Burris Series there will something given back to the drivers.............

I conservatively figured up our expenses for running in this series, entry fees, pit passes, gas, hotels etc.........8 races is going to run a minimum of $1600...........Pearl City was probably one of the most expensive because our kart got jacked in hot laps, that's right in hot laps, so we had to replace quite a bit on the kart not counting all the other stuff. So I do agree that something should come back to the drivers at the end of the series.

Winnings

Since NAPA has joined on as an associate sponsor, I hope there will be something at the end of the series for the winners. Last year, we recieved a placque, a racing jacket, and a $100 gift certificate from BURRIS. We were 1 of the ones to recieve the certificate, so good luck to all of the leaders at seasons end.
As for mileage, last year, between Kankakee, Jules, and Ben Hur, we logged over 1600 miles, won $47 for 2nd at Jules(out of 7), $15 for 5th at Kankakee(out of 17), and $0 for 6th at Ben Hur(out of 17). $62 for all the gas, time, and repairs just goes to prove, there is no money to be made here. But, we had a great time at these tracks, met some very nice people, and learned a lot of new things.

Definitely no money in this, (2) first places this year so far paid $42.00 and $36.00 can't remember what the 2nd places paid, But as you said we have met some nice people had some fun and it has been a great learning experience for all of us.

It is very difficult to go to a track you haven't run before and get set up to run well. Definitely not as easy as running the same place every week. But that's part of the fun of new experiences.

Something else I noticed in the standings, is that the racers who attended the Bedrock event that was rained out in July, did not recieve any points. RULES-SEC-5.2.2-In the event of a rainout, ALL entrants will recieve 175 points. FYI

im not going to get into the arguement about money this and money that. there are several statements above that are incorrect but thats besides the point. just like always, if anyone member would like any info or ask some questions all you have to do is call. everyone has there own opinions and can make their own decision to particpate or not in the series.

the series gets $3 per pit pass sold at the event august 28 at jyi and thats it. all other monies stays with the facility. (the series gets $2 to $3 per pit pass sold at all events from the track except from ben hur and jules which are set fees)

any other questions please feel free to call me
Steve Rex (847)770-7697

i was reading through the post some more. the race at bedrock that was rained out was a guaranteed $300 to win in the 3 classes w/ no kart minimum. the extra $ was coming from the added $10 to the entry in those classes and any money short i was covering.

the series does not use the rain out points system. we do not want to force someone to drive 4 hours when its calling for 80% chance of rain at the track. that is why we have opted to go with the drop race system. if there were no drops in the series then we would utilize the 1st place rain out point system.

Once again:YOUR RULEBOOK, SEC-5 RULE2.2 IN THE EVENT OF A RAINOUT, ALL ENTRANTS SHALL RECIEVE 175 POINTS.

There is nothing in these rules that state that if the races are rained out, or if there is an 80% chance of rain, that this race will be used as a droped race.

Some of the people that showed up, including yourself, drove a good distance to be there, and you are going to tell them they spent all that time and money for nothing? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Back