Calling All Mini-stock Racers

I am posting this new thread to find out what Mini-stocks will be running at The Rock in Fredericktown, MO in 2008. If you are planning on running at The Rock please go to this link and show your interest. The RAMS rules from 2007 will be used next year
The Rock Forum
http://www.stlracing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

There will be a link titled "MINI-STOCKS 2008" please post your comments there. The Rock is currently planning the class roster for next year and we would like to run the Mini-stocks, but we HAVE TO HAVE a good car count.

Sincerely,
Stephen A. Skaggs

Sincerely,
Stephen A. Skaggs

As far as i know there is no such organization anymore called the RAMS . And i may be mistaken but i did NOT see the mini stocks on the list of classes that are running Fredericktown ?????? LD

There were no rams in 07 so what rules are you talking about

The RAMS rules were followed in 2007 in will most likely be followed again in 2008 if the the mini-stocks show a significant interest.

Here are the rules The Rock used last year and will most apply in 2008
COMPETING MODELS
1. Any inline four cylinder, two or four door compact sedan. Any inline four cylinder compact pickup, foreign or domestic. Rear wheel drive cars or trucks only. No front wheel drive vehicles allowed. No four wheel drive vehicles allowed. No two seat compact cars allowed. No Volkswagens, no convertibles or high performance cars allowed. No fuel injected, turbo charged or rotary powered cars or trucks allowed. No mid or rear engine vehicles. Extended cabs and wagons are acceptable as long as they have a 94 to 112 wheelbase. Body and frame must be from same make and model of vehicle.

2. All cars and trucks shall weigh a minimum of 2500 pounds with driver.

3. All cars and trucks shall have a minimum wheelbase of 94 and maximum wheelbase of 112.

BODIES
1. Body must remain basically stock. May cut drivers door for ease of entering vehicle. Dash must be removed, can replace with a fabricated dash. Front firewall must be stock. All holes in front firewall must be sealed. Rear firewall may be fabricated. Hatchback cars MUST fabricate a rear firewall to protect the driver from the fuel cell. Door panels may be replaced with .040 steel provided that it follows the same contour as the original body panel (must be stock appearing).
2. The following panels are allowed to be gutted: hood, roof, trunk lid, doors, doorpost, inner quarter panels, fenders and tailgate.
3. May use aftermarket plastic noses and or tail pieces.
4. May cut opening in hood for air cleaner clearance.
5. You may use plastic at bottom of bodies as skirting but must not hang below vehicle more than 6 inches.
6. Trimming of fenders allowed for tire clearance only. Truck bed floors may be removed, but top of bed must be covered and securely fastened.
7. All glass and exterior trim must be removed. Hood and trunk must be safely secured. Doors must be securely fastened. Driver compartment must be completely gutted, however you may fabricate an interior similar to a modified or latemodel. IF IT WILL BURN, TAKE IT OFF!!! No rear view mirrors allowed.
8. Stock front bumpers made of steel may be used and may be reinforced between frame rails. Inside bumpers can be made with 1 ½ O.D tubing maximum. No shock absorber type bumpers allowed. No angle iron. Square tubing bumpers allowed on front or rear, 1 ½ square minimum, 2x3 maximum. Must have top and bottom loop minimum of 12 inches from ground and 28 inches maximum from ground. Front bumper must be capped with stock type bumper unless using plastic aftermarket nose.
9. Front and rear bumpers must be wrapped or rounded on ends as to not allow another vehicle to get hooked on corner of bumpers.
10. Door panels may be trimmed for roll cage clearance.
11. Must have chain or some way of picking up vehicle front and rear.
12. Original grill may be removed, but screen wire or expanded metal must be installed to retain stock appearance. NO FLAT SIDES. If grill is made of hard plastic it must be removed. Again aftermarket noses are allowed.
13. Rub rails may be used but not to exceed 1 ½ O.D. ends must be capped as to not allow another vehicle to get hooked on rail. No sharp edges. Must be no more than 3 inches from side of vehicle.
14. Steering quickners may be used, steering rods may be used in place of stock steering column. Quick disconnect steering wheels MUST be used.
15. Vehicles shall be numbered in the following manner: ROOF, minimum of 18” tall, DOORS, 15” to 18” tall, top right hand corner of windshield or in place of right headlight, 5”tall.

ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN
1. Engine must be in stock position. No offset or lowering allowed
2. Engine must be for make of vehicle being used (Chevy to Chevy, Ford to Ford, and GM to GM). However, The Ford 2.3 engine is the adopted engine (plus transmission and rear-end) for the Rock's Association of Mini Stocks and can be used in ANY make or model that meets RAMS standards. Factory motor mounts on the block must bolt to the factory motor mounts on the frame. Only slight variations in width will be tolerated. Motor mounts on block or frame may not be moved forward or backward.
3. Factory stock carburetors or up to a holly 500 two barrel with a maximum 2inch spacer and/or adapter plate is allowed. No type of fuel injection allowed. 1 3/8 venturi rule applies.
4. Aftermarket intakes may be used. Must be for type of vehicle you are racing. But must be reduced to a single two barrel carburetor as stated in rule #3.
5. Any exhaust may be used. Must exit completely from vehicle, beyond drivers’ compartment, without pointing straight down. Mufflers are optional. If exhaust is run through drivers compartment the exhaust must be shielded. Exhaust must meet track rules.
6. Heads must be a stock part from the manufacturer. No high performance or aluminum aftermarkets. Oversized valves are allowed. Head can be decked for trueness. NO PORTING OR POLISHING allowed. Head must be for type of vehicle being used (Chevy to Chevy, Ford to Ford). No dual overhead cam heads allowed.
7. Block may be bored for cylinder trueness. NO STROKER motors allowed. May run aftermarket rods as long as they are the same length, weight (may be heavier) than the stock OEM rod, aftermarket rod bolts are allowed. Motor can be bored but must remain stock stroke. Aftermarket pistons may be used, flat top and dished pistons only.
8. Must use stock OEM crankshaft. Maintain stock stroke. Balancing is allowed, however No lightening or knife edging allowed. Must be stock OEM for motor being used.
9. Aftermarket cams allowed. Exception, No aftermarket roller cams. Stock roller cams may be used.
10. May use aftermarket or fabricated oil pan.
11. Aftermarket pulleys may be used.
12. No aluminum flywheels. Stock type clutch, pressure plate and flywheel. Flywheel may not be shaved or drilled, however may be surfaced. No triple disc clutch.
13. Stock transmissions only. No racing type transmissions. All vehicles must have all forward and reverse gears operational.
14. (Optional) Have a scatter shield either mounted to transmission bell housing or to the floor pan. ¼” thick x 6” wide steel.
15. May use aftermarket ignition/distributor. No MSD box type ignition allowed. No magnetos.
16. Air cleaners may exit hood but not to obstruct driver’s vision. Top and bottom of air cleaner housing must be metal. No extreme air cleaners.
17. Radiator may be relocated from original position. If moved it must be shielded from driver.
18. All vehicles must have a working starter.
19. Locked rear ends allowed. Ford 8” rearends allowed for all makes and models.
20. Weight jacks allowed. Car or truck must use same type suspension that it came out of the factory with. Racing style shocks allowed. No coil overs or coil eliminators. May add coil spring with weight jack to leaf spring vehicle. May run mono leaf springs. No sliders allowed.
21. All vehicles must have a minimum of 8 inch wide tire. Racing rubber only. Grooving of tire is allowed.
22. Steel wheels only. No aluminum wheels. Must use 1 inch lug nuts.
23. Must have brakes on at least three wheels and be functional at all times.
24. Pump gas or race fuel ONLY. No alcohol or additives allowed.

MINI STOCK SAFETY RULES
1. All cars and trucks must have a six (6) point roll cage with a minimum of 1 ½ O.D .090 wall round tubing. No square tubing allowed. All uni-body cars must have either a 6x6x3/16 minimum plate bolted to the top AND bottom of floor pan and cage must be welded to plate or a sub-frame connector made of a minimum 1 ½ .090 O.D square steel tubing bolted or welded to frame. Cage may be welded to sub-frame connector.
2. Two bars minimum to rear of car or truck, must attach to frame.
3. Three bars on left door are mandatory. Two horizontal bars or an X in the right side.
4. Minimum of three vertical bars in front of the driver in the windshield area is mandatory.
5. Fuel cells are mandatory and must be strapped down with a minimum of two metal straps and must be in the trunk of the cars or the bed of the trucks. Must have a firewall between driver and fuel cell, if the cell is in the bed of the truck, the fuel cell or bed must be covered. Fuel cells must be in a canister made of a minimum of 22-guage steel.
6. Batteries must be securely mounted in the trunk or bed of the vehicle. Marine type boxes are allowed.
7. Must have a kill switch mounted on a panel left of the steering wheel and fuel shut off valve must be in reach of driver.
8. Drive shafts must be painted white with the vehicle number on them. Must have one loop located within 12 inches of the rear of the transmission.
9. Fire retardant driving suits are MANDATORY. Fire retardant shoes, gloves and neck braces are optional. See track Rules.
10. Working fire extinguishers are optional however HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. It must be securely fastened inside drivers’ compartment. See track rules.
11. Five (5) point racing type seat belts dated not over 4 years are mandatory. Seat belts must be secured to the roll cage or floor pan.
12. Racing type seats are mandatory and must be securely mounted.
13. Driver side window net is mandatory.
14. Helmets must be one of the three latest Snell approved full head coverage competition types.
15. Any added weight must be securely mounted with two bolts, painted white and have vehicle number on it.
16. Driver side doorplate is mandatory. Minimum thickness of 18 gauge .049 sheet metal.
17. All vehicles must pass a safety inspection, by a tech inspector, before being allowed to race.

TEARDOWN PROCEDURE
1. Must be in writing within 15 minutes after the feature race is completed.
2. The following are the fees for the teardown procedure:
A. Complete teardown is $300 dollars cash.
3. You must start the feature to be able to protest another car.
4. The teardown procedure will be done immediately following the feature.
5. Refusal of teardown or found to be illegal will equal loss of points, and loss of winnings for the night with an additional 1 week suspension. Teardown fees will also be returned to the protestor. Also the person being protested looses all protest rights for entire season if refusal to tear down.
6. Only the tech inspector, driver/ mechanic and protestor may be present during teardown procedure.
7. If driver being protested is found to be legal, the driver being protested will receive all teardown fees collected.

IMPORTANT NOTE
1. You do not have to be a RAMS member to race; However ALL RAMS rules and regulations must be followed. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Fighting will not be tolerated!! No driver shall be under the influence of DRUGS OR ALCOHOL. Any violations of either rule will be PUNISHED by being BANNED from RAMS events until appointed officers and RAMS members decide to vote for you to be able to race again. REMEMBER THIS IS FAMILY ORIENTATED AND FOR FUN!!!
3. Drivers must be a minimum of 14 years of age. Drivers under the age of 16 must complete a driving test before they are allowed to compete. All drivers under the age of 18 must have a release form and birth certificate on file before being allowed to compete.
4. Safety and Tech persons reserve the option to view your vehicle at any time and will on a regular basis during the season. Remember, it’s the job of the Tech person to enforce the rules and preserve the integrity of the class.
5. If there is no exception listed in these rules, IT IS DEEMED TO BE STOCK WITH YOUR CAR OR TRUCK.
6. All RAMS racers must sign a proper release form that will be provided to them before they will be allowed to participate. All minors, age 17 and under will also need parental consent forms.

What if it snows?
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)

Attachments

• flake size-1.jpg
    flake size-1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 185
Again, I did NOT see the Mini Stocks listed on the classes that will be runnning at " The Rock " . And if this is correct, you will need to check out DRR Rules because they will be running them on Fridays. LD :)

Again, I did NOT see the Mini Stocks listed on the classes that will be runnning at " The Rock " . And if this is correct, you will need to check out DRR Rules because they will be running them on Fridays. LD :)

AGAIN YOU DONT KNOW SO KEEP YOUR LITTLE POST TO YOURSELF!

To my knowlegde NOTHING as been set in stone for the 2008 season @ The Rock. I talked with the track manager yesterday and the track is in the process of finalizing the class roster....key words "IN THE PROCESS" So please stop misinforming people!

I said it before there are not enough ministocks to run 2 fri night tracks that close someone will have to drop them

I have had enough of you !

YOU KNOW WHAT ? Everybody that knows me knows that i try my best to be good to people BUT i have finaly met someone that i dont feel deserves that from me. I DONT LIKE YOU ... I THINK YOU ARE A SMART A&&. And i didn"t say i knew it all, i just referred to what was posted so from now on , YOU keep your pie hole shut and dont reply to my posts ! LD

To my knowlegde NOTHING as been set in stone for the 2008 season @ The Rock. I talked with the track manager yesterday and the track is in the process of finalizing the class roster....key words "IN THE PROCESS" So please stop misinforming people!

YOU KNOW WHAT ? Everybody that knows me knows that i try my best to be good to people BUT i have finaly met someone that i dont feel deserves that from me. I DONT LIKE YOU ... I THINK YOU ARE A SMART A&&. And i did say i knew it all i just referred to what was posted so from now on , YOU keep your pie hole shut and dont reply to my posts ! LD

You tell 'em honey!! Wasn't my place to reply to his stupid post...glad you did!

WOW! Has this guy been catchin' snowflakes?
Sounds like he has a BITTER taste in his mouth!

He is right though....The ministocks are still up in the air...If they want to race then they have to do what they are doing, which is letting the track know they want to run there. It's up to the track to run them after that...

Ministocks

Jim is right about there not being enough minis to run both DoeRun and Fredricktown. As I understand it, Doe Run tried to get with Fredricktown last year and they said to worry about your own track. I believe this is wrong, Fredricktown should talk with Doe Run and race the ministocks every other week, one week at DRR and the next at Fredricktown, that way we would have at least 13 to 20 cars EVERY WEEK and also get more people interested in racing a mini and growing the class where in the future we could have both tracks racing ministocks. Just my opinion!

Steve Heitman
01 mini

Those are the rocks rules not the rams they need to make it simple and use MCS rules

Again Jim nobody down South wants to open the rules up, It was just you and your brother. MCS should have kept the rules they were using down there but instead now we have increasing costs of competing in a ministock, thank you very much!!

Jack just go down there and race so you can stop crying about the MCS rules, your car won feature races with junkyard parts so I realy dont see what you are *****ing about you didnt even have to spend any extra money you just had to get a different driver to win

Well Jim the way I see it you got the rules changed so you could win now you are in a different class and the rest of us are stuck with the new rules. How come no one else wants the new rules except you and these fictitious calls and PM's you get? Since you are in a different class now why don't you just go away and leave this class that you screwed up alone?

Back