Can you believe it!!!

Bud_Man_8

Ive been posting stuff on here about Fredericktown Raceway and apparently the track promoter didnt like them. I go to sign in the pit gate Friday nite and Im told to wait a mintue. I do and the next thing I know the promoter comes up to me and tells me to leave. He says he doesnt like the stuff Ive been posting on here. I thought this was a message board? Am I not allowed to post my opinions? So whats next a driver comes to him and he doesnt like what they say, so are they going to get booted for posting opinions??? :confused:

Science taught us that:

To every action there is a equal reaction.....

just out of couriosity....
if your on here posting "negative" things about ANY track
why do you continue to return to the place that causes
such feelings...?

Oh and to answer you original question:
yes this is a message board to post opinions
perhaps this is a learning experience for all of us
mind what we say
we dont know who is reading
how they may react
and by the way i would do the same if it were my place
"the right to refuse service" says it all

let ONE of my customers talk "smack" about my company
and they'll find themselves disconnected IMMEDIATELY

I didnt think they were negative. I have said nothing really harsh about the track. There are people on here that post worse stuff than I do. He also warned someone else on here for posting.

out of all fairness i used
"negative"
as a assumption....
couldnt imagine anyone upset about positive post....
personally im not sure what you have posted....
perhaps the word "negative" was a bit much...

well i think it is bs,this is america,free country free to say whatever you please.also loudmouth,just because someone talks smack doesnt mean they cannot go back,most poeple would go back to see if anything has changed.also things need to be posted so these tracks know what they need to improve on to bring more fans,i would show him what one mans word can do to a track,let poeple know what kinda person and track they really are....i guess the truth really hurt them,should have maybe opened their eyes a little bit!!!

That race track isnt worth your money then!!! If they cannot take critisism or whatever you dish out to them- take your money else where. I think that allied gets bashed on here more than any track, but you dont see them sending people home. That is ridiculous! and yes "the right to refuse service" is true but Freedom of speech is the first Amendment, this track promoter needs to realize this.

JMO
28s wife
Amy

racer94
i NEVER said that he shouldnt or couldnt go back to the track
that decision was made by the promoter
who ALSO by the way resides in the USA
the home of the brave and theland of the free
free to let anyone he chooses to enter or not
and no the truth dont hurt them and or open their eyes
promoters are like racing horses <no slam intended at all)
they have their way, they only see infront of them
if they take the blinders off and start getting wishy washy on calls or decisions
they will spend their lifes in arbatration with every driver every night

personally....if i get lets say food poisoning from somewhere....
i promise you i wouldnt go back to see if they are preparing the food any better
*disclaimer=(this is just a analagy....no one got food poisoning)

I agree I will be taking my business else where. I have no problem with going to Doe Run or traveling to see races worth watching! One of the main reasons I went there is because I live in Fredericktown and it wasnt far to go. But as I see it if the promoter can not take critisism then dont read this board. I think its childish for someone to do this. As for a driver I dont think its worth the trip!!! They may pay good but you have to SURVIVE the beating and banging!!!

Wow i cant believe they made you leave for hosting your opinion...are they really that concious about their own track...

Bud_man

My husband was planning on making a trip to Fredricktown towards the end of the season, not anymore. I went back and read your posts and couldnt find anything coming close to being negative towards this track. Come on down to Belleville on friday nights. we'd love to have you.

28s wife
Amy

I will make a trip to Belleville this year. I work on a late model, and we plan on coming at least once or twice!!

Please remember
i dont want to be understood
im not saying what was done was right
and yes freedom of speach is important
but dont expect your freedom and expect someone else not to exercise theirs

I posted something about this like 2 days ago, and Millsey said that, Quote - "There hasn't been anyone "kicked out" for saying anything on here... None, nobody, elzippo!"
So... Idk what to say.. I have never been to Fredricktown so i cant say "negative" things about it, but the things I hear arent good... and telling someone that they cant come back.... doesnt sound like very good business... Ive never been there, and now i dont plan on even going... because that is very childish.

Yeah, I dont undertsand why they didn't let you in, I like the others who have checked your posts didn't really see anything you had said that should havre gotten you kicked out. I think anyone is intitled to their own opinion, and if it were my track I would be open to hearing peoples opinions to know how to run a better show! You can't run a good program, or make a good name for yourself doing things like that to fans! I'll say the same thing Tomsgirl said "come on down to Belleville on friday ngihts"!

loudmouth,nobody ever said the promoter was not allowed to voice his opinion,cause yes he is in america too...point is there are many poeple that have voiced their opinion on here about the track and have never been refused to be allowed in,so why should this man????he is no different then anyone else,we all bleed the same!!!!how many poeple have tal;ked about pevely and tri-city,never heard of anyone being refused...the promotoer really needs to think about this cause it will really kill a track quick,we are a racing community and word travels fast...i know every story has 2 sides but cmon this is childish..i can see if the man had done something to desreve not to come back to the track like being drunk and acting like an a**,or causing a fight or something,those are grounds to be kicked out,but not for voicing your opinion...we voice our opinions everyday on different things without getting kicked out,why should a track be any different..if i was a promotor,i would listen to the opinions of poeple so i could better my program,if your gonna kick poeple out for their opinions i promiss your track will be closing..............

Back