Caution question

racewidow

I'm just drawn that way..
Did we by chance break any caution records at the track Saturday night? How many of those buggers were there? :eek:

I am glad to see that no one was hurt!!!

Funny you should ask that question. I swear I was wondering the same thing. Looks like we have another "r" word to fear; restart.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Seriously though - does anyone know the # of cautions? Did we beat the record?

I know I didn't think it was that late when we left. I don't think we have ever been that late before. We had to have set some sort of record. LOL:D :D :D :D

:eek: U mean that no one wants to answer any questions? I am shocked.

Haaaa-Haaaa!!!!!!!:D

AHHHH sarcasm, it is a wonderful thing.:D

axeman...some of us meet on Saturday nights in front of the restrooms at intermission before the features, stop by sometime so we can put a face with the name. I'm sure the others wouldn't mind meeting you...

I'll remember that. I'm usually in that vacinity around then anyway! Not sure when I'll get back though; hopefully once between now and Queen's Royale. Looking forward to it.

Will be nice to meet you, axeman! Join us sometime.

I think we've been out of there a bit later (due to rain delay), but I'm seriously curious how many cautions we did have. Anyone watch a video of it?

Me And The 02 Powers Was Talking Last Nite And He Said He Didn't Know If He Had A Good Car Or Not For He Only Got To Run 3 Full Laps.........

Geeeeeeeeze That Is Bad!!! What Is Going On Over There In The Mods For That Many Cautions???????

Racewidow Did You Go To The Website Of Powers Racing?

since we are on the subject of cautions and that sort of thing I have a question and I am not trying to start a big mess I just want a answer to my question if anyone can.
It plainly states in the rules this year as has every year that I can remember that you can not work on the cars on the track except open red flag conditions, so how is it that saturday night the sprint feature when the car flipped coming out of turns 1 and 2 and the red flag came out there was a sprint who drove off the track fixed a flat tire and was able to finish the race? I understand that he had the go to the back, however that is still not fair to the rest of the drivers.

NICE website!! I hope to see him race again soon.

I was wondering that, too. What I think is so bad is all the people BOOING over the feature winner. That was pathetic! I have to admit, I LMAO when the winner said what he said over the mike - I gave him a standing ovation (I was only one person doing it around a bunch of booers, but I kind of march to the beat of my own drum anyway). I think he raced and won a fair race and deserved some respect.

you got it, you know they are very competitive and if the other one would have won the same thing would have happened and to be honest I would have been disapointed myself but i would not have been booing him.

I still would like to know how that is fair, It was not a open red and should not have been allowed.

Cautions are a funny thing. Amazing how a caution can come out and a driver can see the yellow light and swurve to try to miss the cars, but was told he was involved in the caution so he had to leave the track because that was the second caution rule. I think it is all about who's eyes are open or shut at the time and who you are. JMO. at other tracks, you get your spot back if you are not directly involved in the caution. Ahhhh inquiring minds want to know......

Hi, I'm not Tracy but she's a pretty nice person. Met her Saturday at our meeting. Joey Montgomery won the sprint feature. There has been alot of talk of fixed pill drawing, cheating, etc. I for one think that both Montgomery boys can just flat drive their cars. Not that I enjoy seeing them win all the time but there's just way too much whining. JMO. I'm pretty much a modified fan not a sprint car fan so when it all comes down to it, I am there to watch the modifieds. I too wonder how you can go off the track on a (closed) red and change a tire then return to the track to continue to race. Of course you know what the old saying is "curiousity killed the cat".

Yvonne no confusing you with Tracey! :eek: Nope not at all! Thanks for the info ! We will have to meet one night when you cone to I-55. Tracey can tell you all the details where I sit and where the meeting of the minds is. Have to get on that when I get back from the lake.
Are the rules at SFCR if you go into the pits you can't come back out? Reguardless of starting on the back? I know some tracks say back of the pack and others say d/n go back out! Some clarity on their rules please !
Have not been back there to race since the flood of 93....

Back