Curtis Boyer

sprintcar72

I am watching the Knoxville nationals as I type this, but earlier tonight in the D main Curtis Boyer was racing. He took a nasty flip and had to be transported to a near by hospital. There has been no other news released. So please race fans keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

update

As of 12:20 A.M. CDT Curtis was transported to a Des Moines hospital. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family

As of 2:45am still no news. When something like this happens usually no news means bad news. They are saying on the hoseheads MB that they put a tarp over his car and impounded it so no one could see it. Now, I don't know if that is true or not but I was watching it also and you could clearly see that he was slumped over in the car. I'll try to find out what I can from other people.

Yeh i recorded the race cause i went out to sfcr, and you could clearly see that he was slunched over and prolly unconscious. My prayers go out to him and his family. ON another note, wow did brian matthews have a rough and expensive night, two flips and both of them were hard flips that tore up alot of stuff. Hopefully he can be back out there next week, cause he has became one heck of a racer to watch. The racing at sfcr just keeps getting better and better!

Let's try and keep this post for Curtis Boyer. Start another one if you want to talk about Brian Matthews. Nothing personal, just have a little respect.

for you guys that have tapes of the race i was watching it and it looked to me that the top of the cage was in really bad shape from the one shot they gave on tv it looked as if it was pretty bad because when they carried the wing across the track there was nothing left of it.also they didn't say much about his condition or didn't show the car or anything after a while of being on tv so i don't know if they just said he was tranported to another hospital to cover up something or what the deal is.

Today I rewatched the tape of the flip and you can clearly see that part of the top of the roll cage is missing from Curtis' car. With the car in that bad of shape I am sure the seat belts had to come loose. I have heard a lot of hear say today and last night, but no definate statement on the condition of him. It was one of the worse wrecks I have ever seen. Once again my thoughts and definately my prayers are with him and his family

he is alive and in the hospital he doesn't have a broken neck or anything along those lines he is in critical care with brain swelling.

I was in Knoxville and saw the accident from my backstretch seat.
It was a violent crash. The wing came off of the car and was collected in the front end of another car and had to be pulled out, thus all of the damage to the wing.
It appeared that the wing was pretty much intact when it came off the car.

According to a site posted on the Hoseheads message board, Curtis has brain injuries. Because of swelling it is too early to determine the extent of them. According to the post his neck ect. seem to be fine.

Please keep Curtis along with his family and girlfriend in your prayers.

SprintFanatic

I watched it when I got home from I-55. It obviously has to be the worst crash I have ever seen on a dirt track. It wasnt good when they said nothing about him. Thoughts and prayers are with him, his crew and his family. Does anyone know how cards or anything can be sent to him?

This was posted on racinboys.com forum:

(Just talked to my best friend,who is his girlfriend.....critical care in des moines hosp...brain injury with swelling...keeping him sedated....no internal injuries known...not much else known yet. I will post more as I know. debb)

This is not my statement, I just posted it because it seems to be a little more closer to home.

My bad on the wing discussion.
I assumed that it was Boyer's wing collected by the other car.
I just watched the Speed News highlights.
Boyer's wing was indeed destroyed.
Mock's wing was hit by another car.

Glad you made it home Fred,heck Farmington looked like a small time Nats race,we had some pretty bad spills last night.The guys was running fast,and slidejobs is a key word,there was plenty,just no-one could pull one on Timmy,he was just to fast.

Curtis Boyer Update

From the master of racercity.com(hoseheads):

Curtis has bruising on the left side of his brain.(His helmet was cracked on the left side) There was a cat scan that was done last night and this morning and the swelling was the same this morning as it was last night which is a good sign. He also has a cracked vertebrae and broken nose. They are keeping him sedated.
Everyone needs to keep Curtis and his family in there prayers.
This info came from Curtis's girlfriend.

I guess that this would be considered good news.

From Pennsylvania: Our thoughts and prayers go out to Curtis Boyer and his Family. Does anyone have an adress where cards can reach him and his family?

I was on the front straight and it was the worst looking wreck i think I've seen by a winged car (Paul McMahns was pretty wild on Thursday). The cage was broken where Kim Mock had hit Boyer, above the A frame. They did have a tarp on the car when they took it off the track. Speed never showed a reply on tv, we had one at the track on the big screen.
Did anyone else watching or at Knoxville notice they took a LONG time to leave with the ambulance?

Keep Curtis Boyer & Family in our thoughts for a while.

I got this off of www.knoxvilleraceway.com

Curtis Boyer's Condition

Knoxville, Iowa (August 15, 2004 ) - Curtis Boyer is being evaluated at Iowa Methodist Hospital in Des Moines. He has suffered an internal head injury and remains in critical condition. We ask that you do not call the hospital. We will post further updates here when they become available. Meanwhile, keep Curtis in your prayers. Thanks Ralph Capitani

it is good that so many people are concerned about another racer i have been on just about every forum i could find about sprint car racing and on every forum there is something a boyer being alright.so lets just hope he can make a full recovery.they did show the crash last night on speed news at 11 or 1130 after the nascar stuff.i watched the crash on video a couple times and it looks like the a frame or the belts broke because of how far his head is down after the crash so from everyone stand point it is good news just to hear he is alive.thoughts and prayers go out to him

Back