Davey Allison vs. Jeff Gordon

In a good old fashioned bare knuckle brawl, I'd have to give the edge to Davey.

On the other hand, Jeff might get lucky and claw his eyes out. Never under estimate a pansy in good old cat fight.

Maybe they should just stick to using 8oz. gloves? How many rounds? How many rounds of wedge?

I just need more information first.

John Barr
The Trashdog

?

Not a fair question, a lot of people who are currently intersted in Nascar have no clue to what Davey could do in a race car.

ok this post is like comparing apples and oranges. davey died, and he is resting with dale neil kenny and every orther racer. its a whole bunch of what ifs. heres' one if you want to start this. what if dale sr. wouldn't have dies, would have stewart or kenseth won the championship?

chim chim

Of course it's apples and oranges; all debates are. My point is, Gordon started tearing it up the following year and Davey was hitting his prime. You have to believe at least 15-20 of Gordon's wins and at least one of his championships would have gone to Davey had he lived since he would have been the only real competition for him at that time.

This so called debate is an excellent platform for exposing what ****s about nascar today. First off I never really was a Davey Allison fan but I did respect him. He was a clean driver, a good man, and he could wheel a racecar. Trying to compare him to jeffy boy is somewhat disturbing though. Anyone who claims to be a Gordo fan needs to seriously ask themself why? What is there to root for assuming winning races alone is not a reason to pick a fav driver. lets recap: Jeffys step father J.Bickford buys a quarter midget and says "you are gonna be a racecar driver." Jeffy and family travel about the country racing and eventually start to move up the open wheel ranks. Bill Davis gives young jeffy a shot at bgn in which he does just about nothing in the #1 baby ruth car. Jeffy then kicks bill davis in the b*lls and signs on with everybody's favorite criminal Rick Hendrick (yes, he is a criminal). Jeffy promptly gets in the seat of a bulletproof and lightning fast car prepared by a guy named Evernham. They set the world on fire and make racing boring as hell for about 4 years. Jeffy spits out ignorant politically correct soundbites week after week and claims that the Good Lord must have shined down on them again. Hendrick gets some mysterious cancer from the Island of Dr. Moruo and goes to a country club instead of prison. Evernham leaves and BAM! Jeffy is just another driver. In the meantime the Evernham guy brings Bill Elliott back from the grave and they haul *** on a regular basis. (please see:Kasey Kahne) Davey Allison, Kulwicki, Earnhardt, Richmond, Bonett...I could keep listing but you get the idea. Those guys were racers, not primadonnas. Comparing Jeffy to Davey, or anybody else on that level is deplorable. I hate to sound old, but racing ain't what it used to be.

Modfan

The Richmond/Earnhardt comparison is also a good one. I don't think many people would debate the fact Richmond, had he stayed healthy, probably would have won a championship...

Just stating my feelings. and Yes how would Tim Richmnod factor into all of this as well? And If Dale Sr. were still here as well???

IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING THEY ARE BOTH GREAT RACERS. BUT, TO COMPARE THEM WOULDN'T BE FAIR TO EITHER ONE. ITS JUST FUN SOMETIMES TO SAY WHAT IF .

THEY RACED AT DIFFERENT TIMES. NASCAR WAS ON THE VERGE OF A GREAT SURGE AND THINGS CHANGED A BUNCH.

THE ARE SO MANY FACTORS THAT FIGURE IN...DRIVER, EQUIPTMENT, TEAM, LOSS OF OTHER GREATS THAT WOULD HAVE FIGURED INTO THE MIX...ECT...ECT..........

AS A DRIVER, I THINK DAVEY WAS EVERY BIT AS GOOD AS GORDON IS. BUT, GORDON WITH WITH EVERNHAM AS CREW CHIEF, HAD AN ELITE RACE TEAM. IN MY OPINION, PROBABLY THE BEST EVER ASSEMBLED. IT SHOWED WHEN A LOT OF OTHER TEAMS KEPT PUTTING UP BIG BUCKS TO LURE THEM AWAY. I DON'T THINK DAVEY WOULD HAVE ENJOYED THAT MUCH OF A LUXURY. THE #28 TEXACO TEAM WAS A GOOD ONE NO DOUBT, BUT I DON'T THINK THEY WERE ON THE SAME LEVEL AS THE "RAINBOW WARRIORS".:D :rolleyes:

HERE'S ANOTHER WHAT IF......

THEY CALL RICHARD PETTY THE KING!!

BUT, LET ME THROW IN A LITTLE WHAT IF!!

RICHARD PETTY HAS 200 WINS.

DAVID PEARSON HAS 105 WINS.

BUT, TAKE A LOOK AT HOW MANY RACES EACH HAS COMPETED IN. YOU WILL SEE THAT PETTY HAS A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN PEARSON(DON'T HAVE THE EXACT #'S IN FRONT OF ME). PEARSON'S # OF WINS COMPARED TO # OF RACES RUN IS MORE IMPRESSIVE THAN PETTY'S

SO THERE YOU ARE, WHAT IF DAVID PEARSON HAD RAN AS MANY OR AT LEAST CLOSE TO AS MANY RACES AS PETTY? WOULD WE BE CALLING ANOTHER MAN KING? :confused: :)

Allison Vs Gordon

You have got to be kidding me. You people who think that just because someone gets in good equipment that they can automatically win are out of your mind. You have got to be a great driver to do what Gordon has done. You can what if all you want about what if Allison did this or did that or Earnhardt did this or did that but the facts are it didn't happen that way. Who's to say Davey would have ever won another race. How do you know that he would have won 20 of the races that Gordon ended up winning. To also say that Gordon kicked Bill Davis in the ....s is also wrong. Davis was suppose to have a sponsor lined up for Jeffs Winston cup Rookie year and the facts are he didn't come thru with his end of the deal and Hendrick had sponsorship and any driver in Jeffs shoes would have done the same thing. Its too bad that people have heartburn over someone coming in like Jeff and he was whipping your favorite driver so noone likes him. See a good driver and appreciate them. They don't come around that often.

I have to agree with fanof 24 here. Not that I'm a Gordon fan, I personally think he's pr*ck, but that's not the point. What I think has nothing to do with the caliber of driver he is. Heck, Stewart's about the biggest jerk I've ever seen, but he can drive a car! Equippment doesn't make the driver in my opinion. But it can't hurt. I imagine that you'd feel a lot more comfortable in good equipment and in turn you'd probably learn a lot more about the way a car works, and how to drive that car. Where if you were in a car that had the low budget parts the car might not handle quite the same and in turn you'd be fighting the car to get it around the track. Good equippment for a rookie driver has got to be a plus! As far as the comparisons go, I have no idea! One would like to think that Allison would have impacted Gordons career, especially someone who doesn't like Gordon. But I'm sure that if Allison was still alive he'd probably have some enemies too! There's several what if's out there. Like what if Kenseth hadn't come along, would Johnson have won the Championship? What if Stewart hadn't come along and stayed in the open wheel cars like some people wish he had? Would Mark Martin have won a Championship? Makes you think! LOL!

Back