DuQuoin Sept 5th and 6th????

qwaynick

The Original Q
Trying to decide which night to attend. USAC is running with UMP Mods on Sunday night under the lights and ARCA is running with UMP Mods Monday afternoon. Which show would be better in the opinions of people that have attended both?

Well coming from a DuQuoin racefan the usac put on a good show, but if you want to see an awesome show i would attend the ARCA race, also other than the ARCA regulars you will get to see the likes of Ken Schrader, Tony Stewart, and maybe more nascar guys, there seem to be more of them every year! Also some locals like Justin Allgaier, Joe Cooksey, and maybe Eric Smith! They put on one heck of a show! But i like both races, I guess it just depends on your preference!

I kinda thought that I might see a little more slicin' and dicin' in the USAC race but if I can make it for both events I'm gonna try. All depends on what "Momma" says that "Daddy" can spend and what "Daddy" can get for free!!!

the silver crown cars under the lights are the best show. hands down. period. they may not get a shrader,or a stewart,but you will get a darland,and a steele, and many of the best sprint and midget and silver crown guys. this is simply the best show.

That Silver Crown race last year, under the lights, was absolutely incredible. I have seen a lot of people talking about that race on different racing internet forums since last year.

Both will be good, but if I had to pick one...
USAC Silver Crown show w/ the mods under the lights...no question for me.

Do what I do get a pit pass for both days for one day it is $25.00 & for both is $35.00
and you can set in the stands

BuzzyBear is talking my language now! Didn't realize pit passes would be that reasonable. Hell, that's only $5 more than a nightly pass to one of the local tracks here. Might be what I'll do if I can't get in free using my angle! LOL!

Last year the silver crown cars put on the best show under the lights. It is the first time I can remember the cushion was up to the fence. Rich Tobias bounced off the wall several times before finally catching J.J. Yeley to win the race. The Arca race is good too because you get to see some big name racers.

The ARCA Lincoln Welders Truck series will race the first saturday of the fair! They are fun to watch too! Usually they run Steel Block latemodels with them

Oh, well I wasn't looking to see the truck anyway. I'll be working that weekend too. So save me a seat at the USAC and ARCA races!

i was lucky enough to catch all three last year and here's my ranking - 1st silver crown , freaking awesome 2nd - trucks and lm,s on the sat. before and finally arca. you can put them ump modifieds in second if pizza man wins.

Back