Father and Son Racers

FordsForever

Would love to see some posts and photos about Father/Son racers over the years. The two that I can think of immediately are Gary (88) and Scott (4j) Weber, and Jerry(96) and Tim (96) Hollerbach, but I'm sure there are many more.

Here are a couple that came to mind.

Mark & Casey Schaefer

Marty, Marty Jr., & Chris Smith

Mark & Conrad Miner

Steve Shepard Sr & Jr

Ray Eby & his son

The Beuchting's - mom, dad, son, & daughter

Carl & Stu Springer

Danny Ems & his dad

Randy Tyson Jr & Sr

Kevin Gundaker, Dane, & Gordie

TTG/MM

I am pretty proud of the years my family has in racing.My great Grandfather raced back in the 40's and 50's..my grandfather raced back in the 60's and 70's..my dad started racing in the 70's and 80's,and my brother and Myself started racing in the late 90's..Last year my 6 year old son set foot on the track for the first time at 6 years old in a mini sprint..I am number 94 because thats what my grandfather ran and eventually my dad also ran the number..My brother runs the number 21 cause that was my dads early number.my dads first racecar was a Nove Latemodel.My grampa bought it for my dad to drive to high school.My grampa was a truck driver so while he was on the road my dad stripped the nova and welded a cage in it and built the first race motor out of the basement.Grampa was pretty suprised when he got home off the road to see a racecar setting in the garage.you can see pictures here...http://www.joeypottermotorsports.com/Joey_Potter_Motorsports/Potter_Racing.htm

Dick Standridge - Rick & Richie Standridge
Randy Standridge
Ronnie & Jeremy Standridge
Robbie Standridge

Got a couple more.

Dwight & Mike Barbeau

Dean Pruitt & his dad(Lou?)

Danny Frye Jr & Sr

Bobby & Gabe Regot, and I think one more brother, the 3rd or 4th(?)

Paul & Donnie Grimm

John & Jeremy Pate

Steve Knepper and Nick

TTG/MM

Rube Weyant....patriarch
Gene (Stooge) Weyant----------Chuck Weyant .....2nd gen.
Scott Weyant---------------Tony Weyant ......3rd gen.
Korey Weyant---------------Evan Weyant .......4th gen.

Jeff Palazzolo--------------Ronnie Franklin
Peter & Katie Palazzolo

Wally McDuffy Sr.
Wally McDuffy Jr.

Pat Walsh
Joey Walsh

Howard Worrell
Josh Worrell

I believe the largest family of racers to come out of St. Louis has to be the Seets family.

I'm not certain I can do a complete tree and I'm hoping one of the Seets will correct me.

I'd still like to get a family portrait of all the Seets racers because I'd bet there isn't another family across the country with as many racers.....and with as many accomplishments. (Yes, I am prejudiced when it comes to St. Louis racers, but it is the good kind of prejudice.)

I don't recalled if their dad raced or not..........

Brothers........

John, Jake, Tom, and Mark Seets and their half-brother Carl Irwin

John and his son B.J.
Jake and his son Jake
Tom and his family of racers.......Cheri, Tommy Jr., Tim Hancock

They also have sisters who have kids who race and this is where I really get lost on the family tree.......

The winningest family of racers in St. Louis is the Seebold family.

Grandpa Bill (who started the dynasty), Bill Seebold (the most successful racer in St. Louis history and with the most national and international titles to his credit), and Bill's son Mike and Tim. Tim's most recently accomplishment was third in 2009 in offshore boats and Mike just ran a race in Dubai as well as having raced up the Nile.

The Knepper family............

You had Ray, Butch, Ollie, and Walter Sr. which were brothers. One of them wasn't into racing and I think that one was Ollie.

Walter Sr. had a son Walter "Junior" who has been "racing" for over 60 years and has quite an impressive history of open wheel success as a mechanic and car owner. "Jr.'s" son Steve has won a ton of titles and some of the most prestigious midget races in the country. He now has a son Nick who also races. Nick is a 4th generation "racer" even though Grandpa "Jr" wasn't a driver.

Butch was the father of Arnold "Arnie" Knepper who raced a little of everything all the way up to the Indy 500. Arnie's kids Peggy and Art raced (Peggy in quarter-midgets and Art in midgets). I'm not certain if Peggy's kids have raced and Art's isn't (I don't think) quite old enough for quarter-midgets yet.

Ray's family has had a bigger connection to the Highland Speedway and one of the champions there. He has a grandson Steve that helps with the I-70 QMA in Greenville and he has a son Brad who runs a quarter-midget.

In the SCCA you had Jerry Clinton and his sons Jeff and Brian. You also have the Clint Lindbusch family. You'd have Carol Cohn and her sons Bryan and Scott and Scott's wife. There is Jan Whitworth Rick and her son Dave. There would also by my family.

Stock cars:
Bill and Jerry Waters and Jerry's son Bryan
Bob and John Stanton
Bob Mueller, Don McGinnitey, Mike McGinnitey and soon Shea McGinnitey
The Faust family of Highland
Bill and Ken Schrader
Russ, Rusty, Mike, Kenny and now Chrissy and Steve Wallace

Drag racing:
Rich Thomas Sr. and Jr.

offshore boats:
Harold and Lynn Simburger

open wheel:
Bob Wente, Bobby, Jr., Terry and Mike
The Branson family
Harold and Donnie Lehmann

drag boats:
Dave Schmidt Sr. and Jr.

One correction TTG.........

it would be Danny Frye, Sr., Danny Frye, Jr., and "Little Dan".......3 generations of Danny Frye's that race.

Randy and Travis Horner race Tri city and Highland, and to start 2011 My self James Rhoades and my step son Austin Hunt race Tri City and Highland...

I forgot those who changed forms of motorsports.........

Kevin Goss (stocks) and Kevin, Jr. (drags) - both champions
Ron Rathgeb (stocks) and Ron, Jr. (drags) - I know Ron, Jr. won titles at GIR, but my old brain can't quickly pull out if Ron won any titles at Godfrey

Looking at the photo posted on another thread reminded me:

Kenny and Denny Shrum
also for old-timers: Elmer and Buddy Lowry. I think Eddy that races now is Elmer's nephew.

Back