Fayette County Speedway (Brownstown, IL) 2011 preliminary season information

Fayette County

Fayette County Speedway promoter Charlie Depew is pleased to announce that he will once again be the promoter at Fayette County Speedway in Brownstown, Ill. during the 2011 racing season.

Plans are underway for a banquet to celebrate the 2010 Season Champions and gear up for the 2011 Season. As soon as information regarding the banquet is available, it will be posted on this message board and on the track's website: www.fayettecospeedway.com as quickly as possible.

Classes for 2011 will include UMP sanctioned Modifieds, Street Stocks, and Hornets. Also running will be the two-person Team Car division.

Depew indicates there will not be a rules meeting as the track will follow UMP rules in 2011. However, Fayette County Speedway WILL ALLOW the Hornet division to run either a locked front end OR a locked rear end for 2011.

The 2011 Season Schedule will be available soon. As in the past, the schedule will include weekly racing and a few special events.

Questions?
Charlie Depew can be reached at 618.322.8105 or 618.347.2327 (evening / fax number).
Email: fayettecospeedway@gmail.com

We're looking forward to a great season in 2011!

Why are all the tracks in the area giving in to the cheaters with locked axles? If Charlie would NOT allow them, he could pull cars from the other tracks that don't want to lock their axles. I know of 4 cars he would pull from other tracks.

charlie must b a man of his word spoke to him last week while puttin a car together............... he let me know that he wasnt allowing lockers he aslo told me himself he wouldnt allow lockers unless ump passed it to b sanctioned......................... and he garenteed me his word to b good that he wouldnt even allow it at a meeting to be voted in to the track rules............................................................. DONNIE RINE

I also can say that I know Charlie for a fact gave his word that he would NOT allow the use of lockers unless UMP PASSED IT to dtr_grl_14 as I was sitting right there when Charlie said it. Which according to the UMP rules they have NOT passed the use of them. I spoke with Charlie on the phone this morning after hearing of this news and he told me that the only reason he has decided to pass this is because he is afraid that if he is the only track around that does not allow lockers that he will not be able to get a car count. Well I know for a fact that out of 16 local drivers that I already have spoke to today all 16 of them have said they either cannot afford lockers and thats why they are running hornets in the first place AND/OR they do not agree with the allowment of using the lockers as that takes away from the ORIGINAL purpose of these cars as they were supposed to be a CHEAP and AFFORDABLE class to run and to remain 100% bone stock. Charlie and I also had a conversation on how we remember years ago when the "bombers" used to be a car that you busted the windows out, put a cage and harness in it and went racing.....til guess what? someone went and changed the rules little by little til now there are no "true" bombers. Charlie stated about how he messed up by allowing this to change...well the factory stock division looks as if its going to follow the same path because nobody wants to stop the fight for a few people who want to keep the class like it should be.....and thats called FACTORY STOCK! Charlie was worried about not getting cars from other areas to come in....now I guess he should worry about all of us local guys going elsewhere to tracks that want to keep this class affordable and in its orignal form which is bone stock.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! I can understand the thought of being the only track around not allowing it and how it may hurt the car count, But Charlie you are thinking backwards. Last year on a reg fri night when all of the fri night tracks were running we had a munch larger count in this class than any other fri. night track week in and week out. Looking at that fact alone I would think you need to be more concerened with the nights that every track is running and not the few nights when you are the only one! This is an expensive change for those of us that do not know how to lock our front ends! I think I can speek for almost all of my fellow Factory Stock drivers when I say that none of us race this class because it is the one we dream to be in! It is suppost to give the everyday man and the good ol boys a chance to Race. I for one can not afford this rule change. Please Charlie reconsider this change. If not I wish everyone a Fun and Happy 2011 season because i will not have my hornet out there :(

I personally think that the main argument here is not so much the cost of the locker which personally is alot of money i dont disagree with but it takes the true meaning away from this class which is supposed to be a "stock" class. If the cars were stock with a locker wouldnt they come that way from the manufacturer? So whats next NOS systems or or turbos??????? I think Charlie should really think this over and take the big picture into consideration and if nothing allow two classes run. Just Sayin!

I am not knocking this at all just asking a question. I have see many of the cages that are put into these cars. Lets just say it some of the cages in these car are poorly built, do we need to have these car going any faster? I am thinking about this in a safety aspect

Good point Bond07. I myself have a cage out of a modified but I agree some cars have no business being out there safety wise...just for an example I know of one car that uses fiberglass tent poles for the down bars that run on the windshield to protect the driver from debris coming inside the car....ARE YOU SERIOUS?????

helmets are expensive too, maybe those should be illegal... has anyone lost to a locked car at brownstown? shaw doesnt run one and he wins almost every race. i say the more cars in the class the better, JMO

Well its good to see the hornet guy's are worried about the safty of the cars. There was some bad flips this year at tri city and i too was worried about some of the cages in them. They are starting to let the rules slip away.

Brownstown could get MORE cars if they would NOT allow lockers. I was at the tri-city meeting and it was clearly 50/50 for and against lockers. Brownstown could get the cars that don't want the trouble of locking axles. If I have to lock mine to be competitive, I won't be going to Brownstown.

I remember when "Bombers" became Sportsman. The year Highland voted in Headers and 4-Barrel Carbs,that helped bring us here.

Again the point is they are supposed to remain in the stock form....I dont think the point anyone is trying to make is that your not going to win if you have a locker or not.....my personal point is that if they are going to allow this then what are they going to change or allow next??????? I personally spoke to Rob Shaw last night on the phone and he himself said and truly believes that in a couple years that they will bring out another new class because by then the rules for the hornets will be changed so much that most of the guys driving them now will walk away from racing as they are in that class for a reason and that being the following:

A) financial reasons (they dont have the money to invest like some of the other classes.
B) their belief that hornets were intended to remain stock and has since been changed otherwise.
C) other financial reasons (they have the money to invest in things such as lockers but dont want to spend the extra money and thats why they chose the hornet division to begin with.

Again just my opinion

4 cylinders are still the most affordable form of racing. even a tricked out, built 4 cylinder cost way less than a competitive street stock. (look at shaw's cars and what he sells them for). I believe the 4 cylinder class is more about spending time on you car then spending money on the car. Also, i would love for there to be 2 classes of 4 cylinders. One for the guys/girls that spend a lot of time on the car and make them look like "race cars". and one for the guys/girls who's cars look like demo derby cars and have parts falling off all race long. it would be more fair and better racing. I am sure this will offend some, but think about it from a fans view. i would rather watch some safely built, fast 4 cylinders that look like race cars then watch a bunch of junk push up the track into each other. there are demo derby's and figure 8's all around illinois for these guys....

I see where you guys come from on the "stock car" aspect as yes it seems rules do get out of hand but would you rather be running against all locked cars or just a few that you dont know who has it..thats the point to have a level playing field is what its about and from the money aspect i have $400 in my car and its locked and you know why because we took the time to take it apart and weld the gears...costs nothing if youve got a welder or a buddy does and if you dont someone may charge you $5 for it and they dont break cause mine didnt but jmo Kyle McMahon

I see where you guys come from on the "stock car" aspect as yes it seems rules do get out of hand but would you rather be running against all locked cars or just a few that you dont know who has it..thats the point to have a level playing field is what its about and from the money aspect i have $400 in my car and its locked and you know why because we took the time to take it apart and weld the gears...costs nothing if youve got a welder or a buddy does and if you dont someone may charge you $5 for it and they dont break cause mine didnt but jmo Kyle McMahon

They will break in time! And when they do better hope you have a spare tranny laying around.

Why are all the tracks in the area giving in to the cheaters with locked axles? If Charlie would NOT allow them, he could pull cars from the other tracks that don't want to lock their axles. I know of 4 cars he would pull from other tracks.
we got 5 cars that dont want to run lockers

i pulled my tranny and split the case open welded the tranny up and back in the car in 3 hours its not that big of a deal and its 99 neon

Again im not saying its hard to do or that its too expensive to do....im just saying I think they should remain stock is all....that is what the original plan was and they should stick with it.

Back