flag man

skoob03

I guess the flag has selective vision.brent thompson clearly put mike francis in the wall and naild him in every corner he got close to him so why did'nt he get black flagged.??????:confused:

The racing was good at Farmington this past saturday. It was my first time down there this year. I didn't see the incident with Mikey and Brent, but I do know the flagman was busy given the black to Conner for barely touching boyd. I would have been fine had they sent him to the back, but off the track and not get a check because of it??? Seems a little rediculous when there was guys slamming their way through others out there.

Crash

I'm glad you brought it up. I'm so disappointed with the call to black flag Alan Connor. Alan raced here before, brought lots of people in the pits. $$$$$ for the track. Then after Friday nights racing all he talked about was wanting to come back regularly. We were even trying to convience those against it. Then looks what happends Saturday night. I wouldn't blame them for staying at I55. I mean come on people. Ever heard the saying "Don't bite off the hand that feeds you". My gosh they bring 10-15 people with them. You do the math. Not a good way to get them back. That's all I can to say.

I refuse to comment on the Mikey/Brent deal. All I will say is if you've ever seen a hurricane don't expect it to be smooth sailing.

I personally didn't think the track was prepared for a "special" show. B-mains with 9 cars (in the sprints) and 8 cars make it..i wonder if it was being stalled for a longer show. i don't mean to knock anyone down or anything but we'd prolly have more cars if the track was prepared better and the drivers were treated like they matter instead of a track owner that says one thing to you but does the opposite when they're gone. Tip: if you say you're gonna say something DO IT!!! I sure as heck don't like being lied to. Thank you Codi Worley

I only went saturday and thought the track was awsome! Keep up the good work everybody. I thought the mod race was one of the best this year, of course I could be a little biased by the outcome. But all that was there had to be pleased with a race that you really didn't know who was gonna win untill the last lap! Gotta say one thing though, the track would be better off telling security which pit they need to go to over the radio and not the PA system. The biggest cheer of the night came when security was called to the 18 pit. Wanna guess what that was about?(That was right after the mod race)

Time will tell.

What a crazy night!! My husband works 2 jobs, races on the weekend and has no time to get on this internet, But I will take the time to post my opinion. You know what, I tape every week. Watch and re-watch every race. All I can say is, Mike could have punted Brent a few weeks ago when Brent took the checkered for a feature win. Mike came into the pits with smoke rolling off of the brake rotars. He had a smile on his face, said "great race" and was glad his car was good, and in one piece. Mike could have won that race, IF HE WERE A "DIRTY DRIVING ****** ******", (as Mr. Thompson plainly put it as he came flying out of his race car toward our pit this weekend, after putting Mike into the wall.) How long has Brent Thompson been racing,??? and what have we seen of him over the years?? Saturday nite he starts on the front row, and loses a few spots and if anyone knows Brent, he is already aggrivated for dropping to third. (As I have seen it, he doesn't like to be passed and generally has poor sportsmanship afterwards.) Brent then runs the high side, Mike clearly passes him in one and two, Brent has the momentum to come in off the corner, what does he then do, quickly drops to the bottom (where Mike is already commited to running). If Brent wanted the high side (even the middle), he should have stayed there, contact would not have been made had he kept his line. Mike cleary did not touch him until mid corner, where Brent obviously would not allow Mike to pass him clean. All that was was rubbin-and yes, that's RACIN. Brent left the bottom open, Mike took advantage of it. If Brent had stayed in the middle where he entered the corner, none of this would have happened. Brent is one of the first people to say "Pick a line and run it." You know what, I keep my mouth shut, most of the time, but this is my husband's safety, and obviously my familie's income that supports this habit. We race for fun as a family, this is not another job to us.
We'll be back next week with smiles on our face, ready to race, then we'll party afterwards with all our friends:). See ya at SFCR.

Fair Treatment

Amen Pebbles, There Are Alot Of People That Feel The Way You Do.also The Flagman Needs To Watch A Little Better Instead Of Reaching For The Black Flag Whenever He Feels Like It!!!! Maybe He Dont Know His Colors....duh...... By The Way Where Is Tommy Going To Be Racing At ? We Would Really Like To Go Watch Some Real Racing. I Hope He Comes Back To Sfcr Just So They Know That He Is The Better Man ,so He Can Show Them That They Didnt Get The Best Of Him.:)

The racing BOTH nights was very good,the mods ran side by side all feature long both nights.Heck they was even running 3 wide at different times also.The sprints was running 3 different lines also,they was running as high as they ever have on Saturday night,Hull almost passed Hurley on the bottom,the track was set for real racing after hitting Pevely Wed night and watching a rubberdown show.

saturday

As far as the Mikey/Brent situation, Mikey didn't stop so that is why Brent didn't get the flag. There were words in the pits and Karl got involved. It is becoming all about your name as far as what is going to happen on that track. Makes me mad but what can you do. The Wolf's been black flagged twice for "aggressive driving" but did anyone see Charlie up in him last week? I'm sorry you have to lose a gas cap before they stop the race find you a new cap and give you your spot back if you have the right name. Mikey's #1 fan and the Wolf's girl.

Flags

I know Mike and Brent and have wathed them race for several years and I do not think either one would intentional run anyone into the wall. Yes things happen on the track - with 500+ horsepower with an average speed of 88 mph things are going to happen on a track with several cars. However drivers are required to be in control of their cars at all times. Very hard to do for many drivers.

Amen Pebbles, There Are Alot Of People That Feel The Way You Do.also The Flagman Needs To Watch A Little Better Instead Of Reaching For The Black Flag Whenever He Feels Like It!!!! Maybe He Dont Know His Colors....duh...... By The Way Where Is Tommy Going To Be Racing At ? We Would Really Like To Go Watch Some Real Racing. I Hope He Comes Back To Sfcr Just So They Know That He Is The Better Man ,so He Can Show Them That They Didnt Get The Best Of Him.:)

I watched some real racing up at Tri-City Speedway Thursday night, and I didn't see Tommy anywhere near the front....or middle for that matter.

He ran in the back of the B-main at Tri-city so how is that real racing?

Real racing, do you want the definition... it's supposed to be fun. Just because your in a b-main at a track with the outlaws (who race for a living... with the best equipment) does not mean there wasn't "real racing" there are drivers every week in b-mains including many drivers that are good. I do believe that things happen to a car like motor problems that can prevent you from doing better. I don't mind a black flag if it is needed but when you see plenty of other incidents that needed it and didn't get it you start to wonder. On another note: the mods did have a great race fri i don't know about sat i wasn't there.

First of all Tommy will no longer be racing at SFCR he will race at Benton on Friday nights and will run the MASS series. He had motor problems at Tri-City at least he a gave it a try with the big dogs. He did better than any other local driver. During qualifing at SFCR the track wanted people to think they were doing qualifing the correct way that was a dummy box setting on the front staight away. They had a one stop watch in the tower. It just so happen Tommys time was a second off of our stop watch, Timmy even told Tommy boy they messed your time up, but there you go that is how SFCR treats there drivers that bring over 15 people or more just in the pits. No matter if you like Tommy or dislike him that is your choice, but we would like your support at Benton a very good race track.

At Tri-City at least he a gave it a try with the big dogs. He did better than any other local driver.

Kaley Gharst was the only non World of Outlaw driver to make the A-main at Tri-City last Thursday night. Johnny Gibson even announced that to the fans before the race.

I'll give the 97 a thumbs up. In the B-main no other local driver besides Gharst would venture to the tricky small cushion very near the wall. At least the 97 tried it a couple laps. Takes a lot of know how and balls to run up there on a track like that.

The race for the last transfer spot in the B-main between Jason Martin and Randy Hannigan was one of the better battles I have ever seen in my 40 plus years of attending races.

Back