Fredericktown Raceway's new "WALL OF FAME"

Millsey

I'm going to be doing some research on the Fredericktown Raceway in the upcoming weeks, but one of the things we are going to create at the track is a new "WALL OF FAME".

WHO SHOULD BE INDUCTED FIRST????

Wall of Fame Nominees

I would like to nominate Larry "Tiny" Gregory as the first inductee. He was a local driver who had a great driving record back in the '60's. He was also my first real hero. I would also like to suggest his dad, Howard Gregory, who was a driver and later a track announcer. Others might include "Dandy" Don Cline and Gene "Tubby" Black. Paul "Sleepy" Boren was the flagman for years and years. Would also suggest at least a passing nod to VFW Post 4320. Back in the '50's these guys, including my dad (Norman "Jack" Whitener), had the vision and the energy to get the track started. Anyway, I think the wall of fame is a great idea!

I think you should nominate Mike Abney. Reason being is I know he is a really good guy, is good on the track and has been racing for about 30 years now. He is very well respected and deserves to be thanked by recieving this award.

Huge Abney Fan!!
Good Luck Uncle Mike and Michael
Travis

When you make a nomination.... ANY information on the person would be greatly appreciated. Some of these guys I'm unfamiliar with..

Thanks so much!
Millsey

Second the motion

I too would like to nominate Dandy Don Klien for if memory serves me, he once told me that is where he got his start in Stock Car Racing.

John Barr
The Trashdog

shakey jack

Jack "balloon foot" Long used to race at Fredericktown with tubby black and gene burch, won some features was a good racer, and guess what?? the man is coming back he has him a modified and is putting it together for the upcoming season. Shakey Jack long is coming back look for the j5 at a track near you!

millsey

Jack"balloon foot" Long is the security guard up there at sfcr hangs out up by the water tower. You'll know who he is if you see him this next season.

Gee.....Why dont ya just have Larry and Gary come run the place since you are doing everything they do now!!....Come on think of something DIFFERENT!!....

Hell why dont you just add sprintcars!!....Then you can be just like them!.....Fredericktown will be closed before the end of the season anyways!....Just my opinion......But what class is worth watching down there?????

JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY: If you don't care about Fredericktown why are you writing about them??

Re: Wall of Fame Nominees

Originally posted by axeman
I would like to nominate Larry "Tiny" Gregory as the first inductee. He was a local driver who had a great driving record back in the '60's. He was also my first real hero. I would also like to suggest his dad, Howard Gregory, who was a driver and later a track announcer. Others might include "Dandy" Don Cline and Gene "Tubby" Black. Paul "Sleepy" Boren was the flagman for years and years. Would also suggest at least a passing nod to VFW Post 4320. Back in the '50's these guys, including my dad (Norman "Jack" Whitener), had the vision and the energy to get the track started. Anyway, I think the wall of fame is a great idea!
I second the nomination. For Tiny, and Howard for that matter.

Why is having a "Wall of Fame" stupid??? A lot of the tracks have one. By the way, who do you think started the "Wall of Fame" at Farmington, it sure the hell wasn't Larry and Gary.. Fredericktown is a lot older than Farmington and there's a ton of history of that track that is just buried right now. Don't you think those past racers deserve a little attention??

Millsey

Originally posted by Bud_Man_8
Fredericktown will be closed before the end of the season anyways!....Just my opinion......But what class is worth watching down there?????

??

first off the rock will be open ALL YEAR FOR 2004 how do I know this????? there is too maney racers out there that won't let it close oh by the way I'm one of them.. what class's are good to watch ummmmmmm lets seeeeeeeee

ALL OF THEM

from the IMCA's to the hobbystock(aka prostreets) the puresteets and the RAMS ministocks

all of these classes have "tight" raceing anybody race any giving night now that is real racing!!!!!!!

next time your at the rock come down to pits and ask for smurf,I would like to know why you hate the rock so much?

no i dont

i know bud_man_8 he was in the pits all year and im
shure he would let ya know why he hates it

For one......He gets rid of late models......Best racing around my opinion......Modifieds not bad.....But what I dont understand is dropping late models.....THEN having big shows for the other classes.....The reason for dropping late models was not enough money........Now whats wrong with the picture????.......Cant pay late models....BUT can have enough money to pay 2 other classes for a bigger purse than what you paid the late models??...Anyone else confused????

Back