Godfrey finishing time

Brandon Paul

Free agent score guy
What time did Godfrey get done racing last night? Also, did they not run the B-Mods--I didn't see them in the results. :confused:

They got done about 11:15 last night. Stopped the latemodel feature do to rain. The b-mods did not get to run and will have a double feature next week. So more or less it would have been about midnight when they would have finished up.

Let's see--16 LM, 16 mod, 13 sportsman, 15 SS. So it's not exactly large car counts that are causing them to run late. Think perhaps time trialing not one but TWO classes could be part of the problem?

I also see that they had two LM heats. I was never good at math, but let's run these numbers: 16 cars -6 for the dash=10 cars. They ran TWO heats. 10/2= more classic 4 or 5 car Godfrey heats. I'm half surprised they didn't run any semis.

Wonder why yours truly hasn't been out there the last couple of weeks?

Go To B Villle Had Two Features TO GO WHEN THE RAIN CAME IT WAS THE THE LATE HOUR OF 9O CLOCK WHICK PAST MIDGET RACERS BEDTIME BUT ANY HOW THAT'S WITH SEMIS ALSO

Brandon get a freakin life all you do is cry and complain. Maybe this thread is a bad example but every time I get on this site I see you b#*#$!ing .Unless you have something decent or possitive to say shut the f up !!!!

Hey Brandon P.

Instead of being such a no it all critic of the racing sect...Why don't you volunteer to be the pit steward for a night at Godfrey ...Just to show them where there weak points are and just see if YOU can get the show to run any smoother....Everyone knows at Highland, Kathy the pit steward is the heartbeat of that track....Maybe you could offer your service to all of the area tracks, that just can't seem to get in there programs fast enough for you. There"s a challenge for ya. Are you up to the task...!!!!!!!!!

Momma Drew

Personal invitation

Brandon,

I am not sure who you are, but I would like to introduce myself to you. My name is Dana Wildhaber and I am the chief scorer at Godfrey. I would personally like to extend an invitation to you to join me on the infield one night -- better yet since you are such a know it all -- you can have my job. You have absolutely no idea what we go through. I think it is funny when idiots like you try to perfect everything -- yet have no clue what you are talking about. I am sure that fans want to watch 1 ten car late model heat race!? I can't speak for anyone else, but I sure was interested in the 2 five car heats that we had. Your comment about the semi's at first ticked me off -- now it just cracks me up because I realized what a moroon you must truly be.

So, as long as Chad okay's it (which I'm sure he will since maybe it will get you to stop complaining about everything) I would like for you to meet me at the driver's meeting and come out and try your hand at scoring.

Then, first thing Saturday morning I can get on here and bash on you.

Chad knows there is a time issue -- I think it is obvious to everyone. We are all working are tails off as fast as possible and still not succeeding in getting done earlier. I agree that we should not qualify modifieds, but the drivers want to -- and they are who keep the track open.

If you would like more explanation on line-ups, car count cut offs, etc., let me know and I will gladly get you my cell or personal e-mail address (danaw2@empowering.com).

Looking forward to meeting such an intelligent man as yourself -- I am sure you can educate me on many more things than just racing according to your "know it all" attitude.

Dana,
Well put. My point exactlly. Come on Brandon...Are you up to the challange???

Momma Drew
P.s He probably won't answer, anytime soon ! He is probably on his way to Gateway. I am sure they need straightening out, with all the yellow flag issues. lol

brandon your being called out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brandon, i see u can talk alot of crap u are the typical fan who complains about everything all the time. but what i see is funny u will be there next friaday to because u have no friends. the time limit is a problem but do u realize that most of the time it is the late modelswho forget to check the board and see when they are up. are they just like someone to hold their hand and guide them to the track. people like you brandon have to hide behing a monitor and talk b%%%%%t. dont be scared come on down to meet dana big man.... better yet stay home and watch speed racer reruns

First of all Dana, I know you have a d--n hard job. I know I wouldn't want to try to score a feature race, what with all the lapped cars and getting the order right when reverting to the last completed lap, etc.

But my beef isn't with scoring. It's with running WAY TOO MANY races because the fields are so short. And this didn't start last night. As I've said on an earlier post, earlier this season, a 16 car sportsman field was sub-divided into THREE heats (6-5-5 cars) It's possible I'm wrong, but I think most fans would rather see two 8-car heats.

As for qualifying, my main beef with it is how late time trialing--in addition to hot lapping--forces the first actual RACE to be run. (Usually 8:00-8:15) Imagine if someone was to take a friend, significant other, relative,etc. to their first race. Imagine that first-time race goer's confusion and anger when they've been sitting there for over an hour and have yet to see an actual RACE. I've been going to the races for almost 20 years and this ticks ME off.

In short, given the car counts in each of the classes--not to mention the post 11:00 finishes--what the h--l is wrong with simply eliminating hot laps, drawing pills and running two heats--no dashes--and a feature in each class? If folks b--ch about seeing fewer laps of racing, just add 5-10 laps to each feature. (But be sure to enforce a time-limit)

If the races STILL can't be done by 10:30 or 11:00, then I don't know what the answer is.

I Somewhat Agree With Bp On This One. No More Cars Than They Had They Should Have Been Done Before 11 Not Getting Rained Out. J/m/o

My point exactly -- since you know so much -- come show me how to do it. I know your "beef" is not with scoring, but who do you think does line-ups?? I have a break down sheet that I use and I have been using for quite sometime. I started scoring when I was 14 and I am now 22 -- you do the math. This is the first time in all these years I had someone complain.

I already posted my e-mail address -- e-mail me what you think the break down should be (or I can e-mail you my break down). I am always open for advice and improvement.

If they would get rid of the towing crew they have because they
s**k and get Bob Kiser they could take care of their time limit
problem just in that one move. I've been going to this track since
1973 and have missed only a hand full of races during that time but
after last night I've just about desided I'd just about rather to be
at home than to see another mess like last night and I will ad that
is coming from an avid late model fan.

P.S. And Chief Score Keeper if I had to vote for the "Idiot" between
you or BP you'd get my vote. Also if your going to draw pills for starting
positions then whats the use to run time trials. "DUH"

You better believe I want to be in bed by 10:30 or 11:00, racefanforever, especially given that I live only 7 miles from the track. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation.

The scorers do a good job, i believe they need another towing rig with a hook...they only have one with a hook, I saw last night there would be a caution and it would take a while to even get a tow truck moving. The cautions are what cost the most time.

goingracing

If you are such an "avid late model fan" then you would know that I have nothing to do with drawing the pills for the dashes. #1 It was originally the promoters decision and #2 A few weeks ago we tried to do away with drawing the cards and the drivers wanted to keep it. I would think before you would call me the "idiot" you would have YOUR facts straight.

"DUH"

Dana, dont let these jerks get under your skin. We all know how great of a scorer that you are and how fun you are to work with!! Im sure you can always come back to Greenville and score for us with the old gang!!! Me and Dan would love ya back there!!!

Your friend,
Nic

Back