Granite last Sunday

i wasnt able to make this race. Did I read the results right? Half the late models got a DNF? What the heck happened over there? :confused:

It seemed when guys went a lap down they pulled in. Probably saving the wear and tear on their equiptment. There were no cautions, so it wasn't from wrecks.

If you can't improve your position, then why continue to put wear and tear on the car. No there was not that many car problems with the exception of Jimmy Mars that had engine problems( but did not blow) They money is about same from 11th on back so why risk an engine or tires or something else for little money.
The DNFs for the most part were just drop outs.

only 10 or so cars running at the end on a half mile? not good. not good at all. maybe it should have been an midget/sprint car show. :D

jpugh said:
If you can't improve your position, then why continue to put wear and tear on the car. No there was not that many car problems with the exception of Jimmy Mars that had engine problems( but did not blow) They money is about same from 11th on back so why risk an engine or tires or something else for little money.
The DNFs for the most part were just drop outs.

Moyer had mechanical problems, 2 blown rear ends from what I've read, and Dwight Falcon had mechanical problems of some sort.

Oops, I thought it was called racing not quiting. Glad I wasn't there to pay for racing and then didn't see it. O.K. sorry that was kind of a smart *** comment. I do understand the wear and tear, but it is racing. They are there for the fans to watch. Even when they're lapped, it's better to see an 18+ car count finish then 10. JMO

You don't see that happening at I-55 very often.....that's for sure.

I went, paid $22 to get in, got robbed at the concessions, only to see more than half the field drop out....I'm disappointed.

In addition to the high attrition, with no yellows the field really spread out--Birkhofer finished 4th, and he was about half a lap behind at the end.

Most Of The Locals Dropped Out. Lap Down On A 1/2 Mile?? Spread Out Little To Gain?? I Don't Blame Them For Saving Their Stuff. They Don't Have The Budgets Like Babb, Birky, And Oneal....ect.

hound,i've seen plenty of late models and modifieds get upside down,and you have too,you ignorant moron. don't like to see anybody's stuff get tore up.it costs too darn much to fix it.

Locals

Some people are never happy-1st you ***** about lap cars staying out and slowing up the leaders. NOW you ***** if they pull in.
One thing is the locals have JOBS and racing is their hobby. They pay for majority of their own stuff. If they chose to pull in and save tires, rear ends and motors-SO BE IT. They paid their way in to the races just like you and I--plus some!!! Some of you fans think it is all about you!!! You paid your $$ well I hate to bust your bubbles---They paid more. So you feel you got ripped off--My bet, you went there too see the big guys anyway. So what does it matter that they pulled in. Maybe the locals should just start staying home when big races come to town. Then you so called fans would be perfectly happy.

True But Seen More Upside In Open Wheels And The Way Sun . Night Ran If They Had Sprint Cars And Midgets We Would Still Be There.;et's See Went To 4 Races Last Weeknd And How Many Flipped Nonoe Nada Goose Egg .lasttime Seen A Stockcar Flip Wasthe Dream And That's When Mechanical Failure Midget Racer I Ve Beengoing To Races A Lot Longer Than You Have Beenthere Donethat With Openwheels And Got Burnt Outwith Delays,when You Guys Get Over Quickly You Brag About It At Some Venues It's The Normfor Instanse You Got Over At 9 50 Sun. At Danville They Got Over At 950 But Had Twice The Cars

uhh,hound answer this question...moron.. tcs had how many cars (total)? i bring this up because that seems to be your big point these days; car counts. 33 lms,and 20 something mods. for a grand total of,about 60 cars? somebody correct me if i am wrong,here,please. and they were just starting the mod main at 11 pm? at belleville we had 33 midgets and 48 micros,for a grand total of about 80 cars. WE WERE DONE AT 9:40 PM. so don't give me none of your stupid sh*t about open wheel cars causing delays.we ran as many or more races at belleclair,than they ran at tcs,and done almost 2 hours earlier. you might wanna re-think your above post??? i'm not bashing the lms,mods or tcs here. hound is just flamin' wrong most everytime he 'speaks',proof positive here. watch,now he will change the subject.

Tcs

I was suprised at how slow the show was ran myself. Is it always that slow on saturday nights? Why did they wait and run the mod consi after the latemodels? Then took a 30 minute intermission, before starting the mod feature. But i did like seeing latemodels on the 1/2 mile.

This Is Wereyou Are Wrong Midget Brain It's Tcs The P[layground Of Power What Would You Expect From The Fat Boy ,read Earlier Post Ona Another Thread About Danville,wente Could Screw Up A 2 Horse Race ,dang Almost Said Something But Gotta Keepit Pg,but If You Start At 6 O Clock With 2 Clasees You Should Get Done In Lessthan4 Hours Your Lit Starts At 7 And Is Done By 11 With Yes 4 Classes I55 Was Done By 10 30 With 4 Classes And Started At 7 Next Point

Sorry to tell you hound, B-C starts at 6:30 for the midgets, so the show was done in 3:10. Pevely starts at 7:00 and ended at 10:30, so you stated. Thats 3:30. It seems your math skills are as good as your writing skills.

Also, I'm still waiting for that apology you owe me for saying I didn't know what I was talking about when I wrote that there would be no more than 25 cars at the CoC race in Belleville.

Wow 20 Minutes Later On A Sat Night Egads What Is This World Coming To,better Tell Kenny About That This Weekend ,midgets Had What Pevely Had 110 I Can See Why Pevely Got Over So Late Danvilll Got Over At 950 With 124 Cars ,try That For Sizeoh That's Right Midgets A canonly get over 100 cars a yearand midget racer just goes to show youthat 5/8ths mile sux enuff said

granite last saturday

the purse must be set up poorly if the drivers pull in then get out the cars to watch the racers that are left.that hurts! with the money involved UMPS should be concerned. i dont think i ever saw this happened before.i will consider before going back.

Back