Highland Saturns

racecarfan6

I would like to know who here thinks that the 71,17,and 18 Saturns that run at Highland are cheating? And if so what do they have.

Just Wondering

racecarfan6 said:
I would like to know who here thinks that the 71,17,and 18 Saturns that run at Highland are cheating? And if so what do they have.

Just Wondering

Instead of getting on here & calling some people cheaters maybe you should go talk to them first! They have been accused of cheating for the last three years yet I dont know of one time they have been disqualified for cheating! Seems like to me they would have been caught by now if they were! If you cant beat them or your favorite cant beat them dont get on here & cry about it , just keep trying & maybe one day you will....or maybe not but you dont have to bash them because they have fast cars! Actually I have known them for the last few seasons and they are a pretty good bunch of people. Like I said, maybe you should try talking to them.

I agree with you sean2 all 3 of them are nice guys have talked to them and they are all willing to help you out if you need something.

Well I figure Chad is stock because I think he has automatic thats why he loses a little power to them and I know another Saturn that runs up with those guyz and i helped work on that car so i know its stock but at the beginning i thought they were cheating also but Now I found good reasons that they arent. But I really dont think any car out there has been torn down in the engine as far as cams and stuff goes so it could be possible.

I thought that those Saturns should have a rev-limiter, but they sound like they are turning more RPM'S then if they were stock, and in order for them to do that with out blowin up the motor they would have to have done somthing to the motor.

Just my opinion,

By cheating do you mean breaking an enforced rule? Well then it's not cheating since there are no consistently enforced rules in the hornets at Highland. These guys get props from me for doing what they gotta do to run up front. Take a stock 4 cylinder car up to Highland and see how you run. It won't hang in the top 5 I can tell you that. I don't really know those guys, but I will say this. Aaron Hemann and I raced against each other all last season and he never laid a fender on me. Alot of guys with fast cars don't display that sort of patience. Cheaters? "Resourceful" is probably a better term because cheating doesn't really exist in the true sense at Highland. Instead of calling them out, why don't you go race somewhere else?

I thought the same thing but ya know the only way they can check computers are with a sun machine and obviously thats not gunna happen.

Any time someone starts dominating a class, they get accused of cheating. If no one is accusing you, your not winning. I have never been accused of cheating. I have never won a damn thing either.:eek: :D :D

How about them Eilers cars they are stock and they do good and hang in the top five Korte is also stock and he hangs in the top five also. So dont say that a stock car cant run in the top five at Highland. The Saturns aren't dominating the class either.

its that dual overhead cam Saturn engine...

I heard rumors that they're going to ban the dual overhead cams next year. anyone know if this is true?

That would be nice if they did, it would be even better if Highland could run 2 classes dual and single but I dont think that will happen.

1997 2.2 litre chevy cavalier. we're just gonna get it fine tuned the rest of this season...so we can be competitors next season.

the only concern I have is that its an automatic. but we got a hell of a deal on the car. it still needs to be painted and lettered, and we have a bit of welding to do. other than that, we're ready.

Back