How do WE??

The RAMS

There is several of us in this area that was totaly dedicated to this organization. Jeff Mills was the founder of the group. He did all the research to make it a non for profit organization. I myself was a member since day one, Marty Boyer was also. Crystal Coffman and myself were officers. She was the President and i was the Treasurer/Secretary. Kenny Harris could answer questions, Shannon Burch .... there was a REALLY group of people invoved in it. LD :)

There is several of us in this area that was totaly dedicated to this organization. Jeff Mills was the founder of the group. He did all the research to make it a non for profit organization. I myself was a member since day one, Marty Boyer was also. Crystal Coffman and myself were officers. She was the President and i was the Treasurer/Secretary. Kenny Harris could answer questions, Shannon Burch .... there was a REALLY group of people invoved in it. LD :)

So what you saying is we need to organize a non-for profit intity??

I can say you are not the only one looking into this.

Well lets get this thing back together!!

There were 17 Mini Stocks at Doe Run this past Friday night. It was a great race. I think it would be awesome if the Mini stocks were racing like that all time....together in a way. Watching 5 mini stocks race is just not the same as 17.

From what I hear MCS had three heat races and a semi. A full feature with two not making the field. There would have been another car if I could have been there.

rams

not trying to be a sore thumb,but-without the big guy and his sources,i don't think it is possible-atleast not the rams originization as it was in the glory days-

car count

as for racing 17 cars vs 5. i agree 100% it is a heck of alot more fun-but when(if) the rock reopens it will just split the field again-down here we don't have enough cars for 2 friday night tracks-they will both struggle once again-it is the death of ministocks down here-hope i'm wrong

Death of Ministocks

as for racing 17 cars vs 5. i agree 100% it is a heck of alot more fun-but when(if) the rock reopens it will just split the field again-down here we don't have enough cars for 2 friday night tracks-they will both struggle once again-it is the death of ministocks down here-hope i'm wrong
Shannon I totally agree with you on this . I think ( just my thoughts) Fredrock & Do RUN should make an agreement to run Ministocks an crusers on every outher week , that is one fri. one track run crusers an the outher track rum ministocks then the next week switch classes.

Was talking to some people

I was talking to a few people about tryin to reorginize the Rams Asc. again and I have already made a few comments to a couple of track owners about it. What I was thinking was having a traveling series again. BUT, and this is a huge BUT, we would need the cooperation of all the tracks that run the mini stocks. The rules would be a combination of the 3 tracks running mini's and a few clarifications on certain rules that have been in question. But it would be a traveling show.
For example, every other week would be a Rams show. 1 week the mini's would run Benton. I know Benton would be a Friday night show, but we would try to schedule the races far enough in advance for people to take off work if needed. This is where the Friday night tracks would have to cooperate by not having their normal mini stock class that night. That way there would be 15+ cars at Benton. 2 weeks later, have a show at Fredricktown, and have Doe Run not run their mini's so Fredricktown would have a full field. Then 2 weeks later have a race at Doe Run and have Fredricktown not run the class. It would be beneficial for the tracks to support it becouse then they would have a larger car count, and on the off weeks of the traveling shows, still run the tracks normal mini stock class. Make the class where there can be special shows at Belle Claire, Farmington, Fredricktown, Doe Run, MCS, Benton, and maybe even Pevely.
If it was done right, try to find some sponsors for the series, have a membership fee of say 20 to 25 bucks, and have a nice points payout like it was a few years ago. But by racing every other week, people can still run for track points at their local track but then try for a series points championship. It would be a learning experiance and would be a developement for learning new tracks and it would make everyone better drivers.
I would be willing to help out but I would need some help to orginize things, that is if there are enough people that would want to do it.
A few things needed for it to work
1. When the rules are made up, thats the final say. None of changing the rules half way through the season.
2. The cooperation of the tracks that run mini stocks.
3. Cooperation of the mini stock drivers to support the class.
4. EVERYONE helping to get some free giveaways at the tracks.
5. Making sure that the class puts on a good show and shows good sportsmanship.
6. Make it where the tracks want the mini stocks to come to their facility and race.
Let me know what everyone else thinks and I will volunteer my time and efforts to help rebuild the Rams.

i think this might work for a wile but there are some poeple who are gonna get tired of changing things back an forth everyweekend to suit the track. if you run 1 track it will be cheeper for the racers in a way that they wont have to but more equip for each track. plus they wont have a place to call "home" if you run several tracks. this might be good for some but not everyone is able to do so.

I realize that

but it was just something I was throwing out there. As far as having a home track, during the "off weeks" you would still be able to run your home track like Doe Run, but then when the series was there, you woud still get your track points along with the series points, and on nights where it would be a Saturday night race, you could still run your friday night track and vice versa for the guys runnin mainly Saturday night. As far as equipment and extra parts, I myself last year ran Malden, Doe Run, Farmington, and MCS, and the only changes I made to my car was tire pressure and swapping soft and hard compound tires (which I did anyway at everytrack).
Like I said, this was just something I was throwing out, just like everything else, won't be able to please everyone on everything, but would like to get some people's feedback on it.

How about calling it the HEIDENHAIN ministock series. That way they can sponsor a whole series instead of just a race. How about it Uncle Ed

One more rule Butch

7) Enforce the rules, don't just have them.

How about calling it the HEIDENHAIN ministock series. That way they can sponsor a whole series instead of just a race. How about it Uncle Ed

One more rule Butch

7) Enforce the rules, don't just have them.

We dont need rules enforced my 4 brl carb has been working great for me the past few weeks

I would love to help out. I really think with a lot of help we could get this going. Sure Millsey did so much for the RAMS but the members also did a lot. The members is what made the RAMS so much fun. As for the rules there was nothing wrong with the 2005 RAMS rules. Set the rules and stick to them. The hardest thing would be setting up the non-profit org. Then it would be getting a commitment from the race tracks. We have enough minstocks to get this to happen however we need help getting it done. I would be willing to help!!!!!

Like Shannon Said ......

I have been in the RAMS since day one. I KNOW the amount of time Jeff spent keeping this organization going. Im not saying it cant be done but , not to put a wet towel on it, it in my mind will be impossible to do. Im NOT saying just because Jeff is not here it cant be done but, because of him ALOT of the problems that happened with Fredericktown Racetrack is because Jeff wasn't there. NOBODY has the contacts and resources that Jeff had. He worked hours on the phone. Rob Denny called me last night, He is also interested in helping get this ball rolling. So, MAYBE you all can work together on this.

LeaDonna

rules

dog gone it, that makes sense jim. mel misses the 4 barrel carb cause he keeps looking for domed pistons.. ha ha

I don't know about the 4bbl but you sounded like you had a v8 in that thing when were sitting in staging.

That comment was not directed at you Jim, you won the championship hands down because you were very fast at the end of the year even though you were just average at the beginning. A big congrats on that!! There were not allot of ways to cheat this year but I am sure there were a few cars outside of the rules. We all have holes in our bell housing and no one even looked into them. The RAMS had a scope and I bet nobody even knows where it is anymore.

The thing is we have all these rules every year and the only time I was really teched was my first year in 04. That only hurts the class because the people playing within the rules usually get smoked by those outside the rules. If no one is going to enforce the rules why have them? That is all I am saying.

You don’t have a guilty conscience or anything do you Jimbo?

Back