Howdy Folks :)

JJMAN

Howdy fellow raceleers. I've been comen to the races since the early 80's. Me and my Pop go to the races nearly every single weekend. I think we have stock it the track by now :)
I remember a few fellows from back when and I still remember the very first Sprint Dash that Timmy Montgomery ever won. His front left wheel was off the ground the whole time and it was such a close race. Don't remmber who else was there but I remember that race.

Anyhow there was a Sprint racer back when that was Z88. From what I remembered, he was a very good racer but I do not know his name or what has ever happened to him. Any know at all who this fellow is, a pix of the car or anything?

Also I was wandering if anyone has pictures of the fellow races with there cars? I know alot of names and cars but I wouldnt know them if I saw them on the street. Alot of great racers come and go but it would be nice to see them all set up on a website or somethen with there pic, car and name. :)

I would list my favorite drivers but man I have so many of them. Been watching Hunt since the Go-Cart days, Keith tearen up the tracks, Hurley the man, Tim of course king, short, worley, mathews and just so many others I cant even remmber them all while typeing. Gene Tubby Blackmango, Babb, Hull, Short, Moss... :)

I remember the ABC Number 3 and 4 cars that were ruleling for awhile. I just wish I had pictures from back when to put with the scattered memmories I have now.

(I do forsee DOCTAH-J Keith being a feature win sometime in the future, next year perhaps. :cool:

Btw this is my first post and I wanted to break the ice a little. :)
www.jjman.org

BTW, Number 10 is my favorite from back in the ruleling of Standrige. :) :) so many names/numbers Like I say.

edited for spelling and I'm sure theres more. :)

88Z was Memphis racer Mike Ward,he ran here for a few years,when Mike Thurman,Ronnie Standridge,Jeff Wiggs,and alot more ran tthe old Godfrey track and here in the early 90's,one of the best to watch then was Jason Smith from Indiana,he would be doing wheelies almost the whole race.

sprinted said:
88Z was Memphis racer Mike Ward,he ran here for a few years,when Mike Thurman,Ronnie Standridge,Jeff Wiggs,and alot more ran tthe old Godfrey track and here in the early 90's,one of the best to watch then was Jason Smith from Indiana,he would be doing wheelies almost the whole race.

88Z that was it and the name now reminds me. Man thats been awhile. I remember the announcer saying that 88Z was on his way and the whole croud would be excited. :)
I dont remmeber the names so much as the cars. Jason Smith.. what number car did he run? 28? :) I wish there was a blast to the sprint past with names, numbers and photos for fellows like me trying to search the good ol days of the introductoin of Sprint Car Racen. :)

JJMAN
www.jjman.org

BTW, thanks for replying. I've been wondering about 88Z for nearly 3 years since I started comen back to the track. :)
As a last question for 88Z, do you know if he is still raceing these days? If so, where? :) :)

Mike runs a 360 in the Memphis area,and has a pretty good year,he will be at The Short Track Nationals end of the month in Little Rock,and yes,Jason drove the RABEN TIRES #28

JJman,
I have a bunch of pictures from back in the day, may be able to hook you up if your interested. Sounds like we are a lot alike. Let me know if you dont find what your looking for I bet I got it!! Your gonna make me dig deep into the dusty archives but I have never parted with a single picture. Yell at me if you need a hook up!

CAPTN HOWDY said:
JJman,
I have a bunch of pictures from back in the day, may be able to hook you up if your interested. Sounds like we are a lot alike. Let me know if you dont find what your looking for I bet I got it!! Your gonna make me dig deep into the dusty archives but I have never parted with a single picture. Yell at me if you need a hook up!

Yes please.. Man I would LOVE to see some pix.. any and all. I can eitehr set up an ftp or email or however you would like to set me up with them. I've had some great memmories from that track. It would be nice to take that trip down memory lane and keep those pix on file for my Brother/Dad and whoever else would want to see them also. Thanks so very much man and let me know how we can do that.

JJMAN

JJMAN,
Give me a couple days to dig up the dusty scrapbooks and I will get back with ya. I have not collected many in the past few years but I have more than my fair share of the good ole days. I can send you an private message here or we can talk via regular e-mail. I have no problems sending you what I got. If you want send me a PM with your e-mail address where I could contact you.

Howdy Captn Howdy. :p was wondering if you had a few days to find those pix? heheh its only been 5 years :p :p Was searching some sprint car stuff and ran across this old post. I would love to see some older pix of racers back in the late mid to late 80's and early to mid 90's
Would be some awesome memories.

JJMAN

I have several(SEVERAL) videos on vhs of the races in the 80's Of all classes----(priceless)--let me know-------jim Randolph

Here's a few I've had on my facebook for a while. Sure I have a few more if I looked around.
8335_1235703178964_1420763751_684510_4009468_n.jpg

8335_1235702738953_1420763751_684505_2432268_n.jpg

8335_1235702938958_1420763751_684509_1302921_n.jpg

8335_1235702858956_1420763751_684508_5700155_n.jpg

8335_1235702818955_1420763751_684507_8332591_n.jpg

This Post

Howdy fellow raceleers. I've been comen to the races since the early 80's. Me and my Pop go to the races nearly every single weekend. I think we have stock it the track by now :)
I remember a few fellows from back when and I still remember the very first Sprint Dash that Timmy Montgomery ever won. His front left wheel was off the ground the whole time and it was such a close race. Don't remmber who else was there but I remember that race.

Anyhow there was a Sprint racer back when that was Z88. From what I remembered, he was a very good racer but I do not know his name or what has ever happened to him. Any know at all who this fellow is, a pix of the car or anything?

Also I was wandering if anyone has pictures of the fellow races with there cars? I know alot of names and cars but I wouldnt know them if I saw them on the street. Alot of great racers come and go but it would be nice to see them all set up on a website or somethen with there pic, car and name. :)

I would list my favorite drivers but man I have so many of them. Been watching Hunt since the Go-Cart days, Keith tearen up the tracks, Hurley the man, Tim of course king, short, worley, mathews and just so many others I cant even remmber them all while typeing. Gene Tubby Blackmango, Babb, Hull, Short, Moss... :)

I remember the ABC Number 3 and 4 cars that were ruleling for awhile. I just wish I had pictures from back when to put with the scattered memmories I have now.

(I do forsee DOCTAH-J Keith being a feature win sometime in the future, next year perhaps. :cool:

Btw this is my first post and I wanted to break the ice a little. :)
www.jjman.org

BTW, Number 10 is my favorite from back in the ruleling of Standrige. :) :) so many names/numbers Like I say.

edited for spelling and I'm sure theres more. :)
I'm voting for this being the post of the year.No negitvity,bringing back some memories and just alot of fun.I remember sponsoring Jason Smith and Tim Montgomery.Jason had a long tow from Indiana every week.It would be neat to see and hear more from the past.I don't have the memory.

sorry to kinda hijack the post, but Captain Howdy or anyone who has old pictures, you wouldn't happen to have any old pics of my dad John Hahler? He drove a #57 sprinter and maybe another number? back in the 70's and 80's I'd love to see them. thanks in advance.

ill try to dig up some old photos of dad car from mid 90s for you, of the old black, pink and blue car. the photo attached is from mid 80s im guessing of all 5 of them that raced at one time

Dick Standridge, Rick, Randy, Ron, and Robbie.

email me and ill see what i got, i do got some old photos on the website as well.

www.standridgemotorsports.com

Attachments

• oldstandridge.jpg
    oldstandridge.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 214
ronbpb.jpgill try to dig up some old photos of dad car from mid 90s for you, of the old black, pink and blue car. the photo attached is from mid 80s im guessing of all 5 of them that raced at one time

Dick Standridge, Rick, Randy, Ron, and Robbie.

email me and ill see what i got, i do got some old photos on the website as well.

www.standridgemotorsports.com

Those pics are Kewl ... Nice too see some of the older gents that ran ... Hope to see more ... Thanx

View attachment 40936here is a old picture that Donny Klein, Rag nose Gervise Basler, and Jr. Geile drove.
In the picture is Anton Will and Don Will In the front don't know the other fellows name. Heard it was the badest car in its day. Got the Frame of it in my garage now Gary Johnson and myself is going to try to restore it.

Back